I’d just like to say I am happy to be here with my family. My super weird family with one Middle Eastern and one white dad, and two white daughters, and two black daughters, and one Asian husband, and…
Summary: “you have so many heroes and the world has so many more. let him be soft, and let him be mine.” (x) Words: 1,176 Warnings: language Notes: honestly idk either and this could damn well be about stucky but hey pls read the thing this is based on it’s like my fave thing ever??
You know how freckles usually tend to get more defined/noticeable over the summer? That’s the case of Mike Wheeler for you. He’s always HATED this and hates being exposed to the sun during the summer because of his goddamn freckles. The boys are usually the first ones to notice and will do some light-hearted jokes about it, but nothing that crosses the line of course. Then it’s Troy and his band of brainless friends who change his nickname from frog-face to Cookies N’ Cream.
This keeps happening until the first summer with El around, she notices them and comments on how they look darker now. Mike starts rambling angrily at how it happens every year and how they’re awful and stuff but is cut dead in the tracks when Eleven holds his face in her hands. She smiles.
“No… They’re pretty”
His face is probably as red as a Christmas ornament and he’s most likely wishing for earth to drag him down at that second, but from that moment, Mike never ever complains about them again.
• just likes having u with him
• adores the feeling of ur skin against his and the weight of u being next to him or even on top of him
• even on hot summer nights he’ll drape an arm over u and kiss u on the forehead
• he’d tap his chest and u would know instantly to jump on him and cuddle it up
• hes like a human heater
• great for the winter, get one for $39.99
• “hyunwoo its hot get off”
• “but its gonna get cold later in the night”
• “im sweating hyunwoo”
• “so am i wow we’re such a good couple”
• he enjoys the peacefulness of the evening when its just u two and the moon
• if u fall asleep first, he’ll smile and stroke ur hair so gently bc he doesnt wanna wake u up
• if the blanket slips off he’ll always make sure to tuck u back in
• esp if he wakes up in the middle of the night and sees the blanket astray
• if he falls asleep first well u might as well be sleeping next to a corpse
• a very
• LOVES and i mean LOVES to wrap his arms around u
• will actually pout and whine if u push him off or finds u outside his grasp in the middle of the night
• if ur laying next to him he turns his head and kisses u anywhere on the face at the randomest times
• u jus burped? smooch on the temple
• telling him abt the man who flicked a booger off the bus? smooches the top of ur head and a look of disgust
• taps his fingers on ur waist
• likes to sleep with u facing him and he cups ur face and with ur cheeks in his hands he smiles and wholeheartedly tells u he loves u
• always without fail says good night to u before he falls asleep regardless whether u hear him or not
• when u fall asleep first he stares at u lovingly w tht cute cat smile of his
• hes so infactuated
• “how did i get so lucky to be able to sleep next to this angel”
• brushes ur hair out of ur face when it falls over eyes
• probably takes pictures to treasure this time
• ur forever gonna be his homescreen
• he laughs to himself when u drool or let out a snore
• okay listen to me
• he wont leave u the fuck alone
• even if u want him to he just. wont
• will literally cling to u like wrap his arms and legs around u
• likes to nuzzle his head in the crook of ur neck
• indulges himself in little smirks when ur shirt collar slips a bit or ur shirt rides up exposing ur midriff
• also a fan of kissing ur face often just because
• likes to be big spoon bc he likes the thought of being the protector and guardian of ur sleeping frame
• will rant to u abt everything while laying in bed and he expects u to do the same bc he wants u and him to be as open as possible to each other
• “its jus so frustrating!!! why are there so many snubbulls in this neighborhood!!!”
• “so u wanna get anything off ur chest (y/n)?”
• a really good listener hes receptive and will always give u good advice
• not a light sleeper but if u leave the bed he’ll definitely wake up and wait til u come back
• talks a lot about the past while running his hands along ur arms and u can feel his breath tickle ur neck and eventually u both fall asleep
• he lays on his side, propping himself up on one arm and talks to u. about everything
• u two have a lot of fun bc the conversation diverges a lot and the night is filled with high pitched giggles and playful tickles
• really likes ur hands. is 100% for sleeping while holding hands
• blows into ur ear just to mess with u and make u flustered
• it works
• hes so fuckin amused by ur reactions
• u two sleep facing each other, with one of his hands holding urs and the other arm over ur torso, stroking ur back
• he watches u while u sleep
• okay that sounds creepy but he really does
• hes mesmerized by the rise and fall of ur chest and how soft ur breaths come out and how ur mouth is left slightly agape and how ur eyelashes contrast against ur skin
• he’s lulled to sleep, watching u relaxes him
• sings u to sleep regardless whether u ask him or not
• always takes requests tho
• “kihyun can u sing me smth?”
• “of course baby what would u like me to sing?”
• “darude sandstorm”
• “i fucking hate u”
• kihyun: takes a deep breath “doodoodoodoo doo doodoo doo-”
• not super into skinship esp when sleeping
• but not against a little snuggling every now and then
• esp on cold nights he likes it when u cling to him like a koala
• but most nights he’s content with simply sleeping next to u but not connected to the hip u know
• endless giggling if u start sleeptalking
• he finds it hilarious and so incredibly endearing u dont even know
• sometimes gets so tired he doesnt even change out of the clothes he wore during the day
• u come home late and u see hyungwon curled up on the bed in a hoodie and jeans and ur like ???
• sleeps with socks on
• u think its weird but he gets cold easily so he’ll endure any teasing he gets from u
• his voice gets really deep and husky when hes half asleep
• and its cute when ur having late night talks and he’s just mumbling his responses and u run ur fingers through his hair and kiss his forehead
• “hey hyungwon”
• “do u remember how we met?”
• “well it was sunny and mnndjsgkf….,.,,.,…i saw mmmnnjnc…,…and u were there,,..,,,,,,”
• go to sleep babe"
• will snuggle u to death
• u could be layin on the bed chilling and he would walk into the room, give u that beautiful dimply smile, and jump on u
• he hugs u so tightly bc he just loves holding u
• its comforting to him
• after a rough day he just wants to curl up in bed and hold u in his arms
• like minhyuk u guys talk about ur day and ur problems a lot late at night
• “ive been composing all day and scrapped so many beats and in the end i dont even like the the beats i kept”
• “its okay honey ur such a talented person u’ll create something ur satisfied with i’ll listen to it if u want opinions!!”
• “thanks baby ur the best”
• alternates between big spoon and little spoon
• secretly likes being little spoon more bc he can hold ur hands as they wrap around his waist and he likes the feeling of ur head against his body
• likes kissing u on the cheek and u kiss him back right on his dimple
• will quietly sing u to sleep if u ask
• keeps his hand on ur butt bc he just feels like its a nice place to settle
• gives u a little squeeze once in a while to mess with u or wake u up if ur falling asleep
• he thinks its the cutest thing when u babble in ur sleep and records u to watch another day
• likes to sleep facing u
• strokes ur hair and kisses the top of ur head
• if u have any moles on ur face he will definitely kiss each and every one of them
• tries to do asmr for u
• really just whispering “noot noot” in ur ear
• gives a lot of little chuckles bc he’s so enamored with u
• ur just this beautiful bundle of joy in his arms and ur all his he loves that
• u guys talk about the future, all ur fears and excitement and hopes
• whenever u talk he looks into ur eyes and nods intently, taking in every single breath u take and word u speak
• he’ll probably gently bite u in the neck for fun when its quiet
• “changkyun pls”
• “its not my fault ur tasty”
• “good night changkyun”
• if u fall asleep first he’ll use it as an opportunity to gaze upon u and memorize ur facial features
• as if u were going to go missing in the morning, he stores the image of ur face in his memory
• he sighs, giving ur hair a light stroke
• touching noses and sharing smiles
• and slowly he falls asleep
I’ll tell that to myself a thousand times if I have to. I don’t like the way you smile like you just witnessed the single purest thing in the world, like the first laughter of a baby or at least nine puppies running through a meadow. No, I don’t like it at all.
I don’t like the way your hair stands out in the weirdest ways possible, would it kill you to get a haircut or attempt to comb it? I don’t like the way you mess it up even further, they look like thousand necklaces laced together and there’s nothing I like more than untangling the thin silver and gold chains. It takes time but it calms my soul but I won’t do the same to you because I don’t like you.
I don’t like the way you look at me. Hazel eyes are boring anyways. I know that’s a lie, let me live? I don’t like the way your eyes make me feel like I can take over the world, I don’t like the way they leave marks on my skin; they won’t get off no matter how much I try to wash them off. Now, I have to live with them, I don’t know if I’m complaining about them but I know I don’t like you.
I don’t like your messy handwriting that no one else but you can read. It’s a good reflection of your personality, it’s everywhere, it’s confusing, when you look at it from afar it’s like someone spilled their ink all over the parchment -
but when you look at it closer it tells the story.
I don’t like the way you write either, you hold onto your quill like it will escape your grip any moment, your front teeth biting your bottom in concentration. If someone blows up a whole cauldron next to you, you wouldn’t move. “Potter,” I say impatiently for what must be the fifth time, “Can you give my ink back? It’s been ten minutes, I need it.”
I don’t like the fact that you are so forgetful about things like this but manage to remember the birthdays of everyone in Hogwarts.
I don’t like the way our hands brush when you pass my ink back, you are too warm or am I too cold? It’s the middle of winter and your skin is burning like thousand stars. I pull my hand instantly like I touched fire, you give me a confused look, smirk and go back to your transfiguration essay, there’s no stopping you when you are writing about transfiguration.
I don’t like the fact that we have to do patrols every single night, the two of us alone. I don’t understand why it has to be both of us or why you have to have your wand out all the time. I don’t like the fact that you don’t let me walk around all by myself after the incident but I can take care of myself. “I know you can,” you say with a concerned look on your face. “I don’t need your pity,” I shoot back. “You and your pride will be the death of us,” you reply, defeated. I don’t like how right you are.
I don’t like how safe you make me feel and I don’t like how scared I am. Everything is such a mess and I grow restless everyday. The black clouds around my eyes get blacker everyday. I don’t sleep, I barely eat, you don’t let me get off the table until I finish what’s on my plate. I don’t like that you are so compassionate and so stubborn. “You think I’m the stubborn one here?” you tease and a ghost of a smile appears on my face, you push my hair behind my ear.
I don’t like the new scar above your left eyebrow courtesy of someone I used to call a friend. You shrug and say it just adds to your cool bad boy image and I don’t like how you underestimate them but you don’t, you just do that so that the tears in my eyes don’t start falling down. I don’t like how good of a friend you are.
I don’t like how the other Marauders stare at us when we sit on the common room couch with your head on my lap. Sirius has that mischievous spark to his eyes, I can see Peter shaking with excitement and Remus is giving me his I-told-you-so smile. I roll my eyes and they just snicker.
I don’t like how my hand fits perfectly in yours as you drag me outside in spring time. You run like a madmen and I’m trying so hard not to trip and fall on slippery grass. I haven’t felt this alive in months and you shine like the sun and I feel warm inside. I don’t like how you make me feel, this was never a part of my plan.
Y'all may know me from posting all of the doggos from Annie’s Ruff House (doggy daycare and boarding studio). We also are a non-profit rescue (Annie’s Rescue Foundation). On Tuesday evening, my fiancé and I went to the store that is close by (we live in the country, so there is mainly one gas station within reasonable range) to get something to drink.
While at the store, I spotted a stray lab x and tried to get her attention. My fiancé informed me that was the “store dog” and she would not come to anyone, and to not even try. Me being me, though, I hop out of my car in my cow slippers and kneel down to try to get this girl to come to me. She is VERY scared of people. I got her close enough to sniff me, until an asshole decided to scare her away from me and she bolted away from the store. I was upset, but then something took me by surprise…. This little Chihuahua mix came up from behind me, sat in front of me, looked up at me, and suddenly started giving me a bath of licks and love. I put her in my car to make sure no one near by owned her (there is one house directly behind the convenient store. I knock on this man’s door, and after motioning to me to “hold on” as he told his other (LARGE, and loud lol) dogs to lay down, he opened to door. I asked him if she was his dog or had any idea who’s dog it was, and that’s when he informed me of a horrific ending for this sweet girl.
With this man’s voice SHAKING (and mind you, he was about 6'2 and a large, bulky, “intimidating” man) with anger and frustration, he told me: “She was dumped out here. A man drove down my street, threw her out of the car, bent down and acted like he was going to pick her up, and proceeded to scream at her until she was far enough away to speed off and leave her behind.
This man had been the only one feeding her and she was not sticking around just that area. I also initially thought that he meant this occurrence had happened somewhat recently; I was wrong. This horrible person dumped this dog in the MIDDLE OF WINTER. THIS HELPLESS ANIMAL. I am so surprised she survived the weather, coyotes, busy roads, etc. I tried contacting my boss (who is the owner of Annie’s) but she was in a meeting. My coworker offered to take her for the night since Annie’s was already closed at this time.
My fiancé and I had been putting in adoption applications for a few doggos, but our dog found us. We decided to name her Lizzi Maguire, because we found her off of Maguire Road.
We love her with every ounce of our souls and she is so forgiving for what she has been through. I just wanted to share a personal story with a happy ending. :) - Taylor
You were surprised when Misha called a few days after your first date and asked if you wanted to go to the movies. You expected some place a little more private, given the fact that you and he could barely keep your hands off each other. But you didn’t mind; any time spent with Misha made you happy.
He picked you up at your apartment and drove the two of you to the nearest theatre, his hand on your thigh the whole car ride there.
a/n: listen i sang a cover of this song last night and then had this idea i suggest you listen to my cover (haha promo) as you read bc the original is more upbeat lololol anyways here ya go!!! some gay fluff/angst (?) for ya!
warnings: mention of neglect
There are tears in his eyes when he says it, a knife in his heart. “She called me a waste of time.” His voice is like nails on a chalkboard. With averted, he grips Eddie’s windowsill with tight fingers. Red cheeks and cold hands, Richie Tozier looks utterly defeated. It is a sight Eddie Kaspbrak wishes he will never have to see again.
Staple closet pieces? Including shoes and jewelry 😊
Alright this is going to be a long post…
My personal style can be described as classy and elegant with a twist of edgyness. Think elegant Kendall Jenner x Bella Hadid x Ulyana Sergeenko candid & formal photos.
Although it happens that I put less effort into dressing for university and other unimportant stuff like just running errands or do some small shopping in town because frankly, I don’t care and do not have to impress anyone with my 900€ shoes and 3,500€ coat. I live in a small town, so this just adds to me feeling indifferent. It doesn’t happen often, but still.. it does happen. However, when I am in a big, fancy town, I of course dress to impress and like I’m about to see my worst enemy. I think that this should go without saying haha!
Aside from that my style is as I have described above.
I used to buy stuff from H&M and Zara a lot and mix it with high-end designers, but now it all shifted to just high-end designers. It’s just personal preference. I am fed up with the poor quality and designer knock-offs. I very much cherish the improved quality that I have with designer pieces. Although the quality from oh so many pieces is pretty ridiculous too, to be honest! Do not think that designers necessarily offer the very best quality for their price. Most of the time the prices they charge can’t possibly ever be justified with the quality of their merchandise. It’s just the name you are paying for, really. This is why my #1 mission is always to look for the best quality in anything. I can see a Valentino dress that is so god damn gorgeous and not like the fabric. Or the beads and embellishments seem to be very cheap. I will not buy it, although I regret it because it’s stunning but whatev.
Understand that I am on a monthly budget just as everyone else is. Yes, I might have a whole wardrobe bursting with luxury and designer names, but I have amassed this all over years, with roughly 80% of my own money and 20% of SD money. I am a very practical person and buy clothing, shoes and jewellry that I am able to wear every day and for any occasion. There are some occasional SPECIAL purchases too, of course. But only when I see something seriously special. I had a phase in which I bought at least 20 pairs or so of Louboutins.. and how many have I actually worn out? Maybe…6? This, too, taught me to be practical.
As for jewellry, I generally don’t wear jewellry except for my gorgeous silver ring that looks like a flower made of tiny diamonds, with a beautiful big black pearl in the center of it. It is very special to me. As for earrings, I alternate between beautiful pearl studs when I want to look all preppy, classy and elegant (I think that they also make me look younger, funnily enough) and diamond studs and chandeliers sometimes for daytime and evening as well. I don’t care. I wear stuff that is supposed to be worn in the evenings in the day, too. It adds to the ‘uniqueness’ of my style which sets me apart from others.
Please mind that I am not going to drop designer names (xcept for four) because well, I don’t want to seem like an arrogant, overly spoiled brat who just wants to show off. No! I am happy to provide you with pictures or whatever in private, if a certain piece has piqued your interest or if you want to know which pieces I exactly have, so just gimme a shout.
So, my general staple pieces for the day would be:
* A few pairs of skinny jeans - lighter denim colour without wash, one distressed black one (I like the slits at the knee), a normal black one, a mid-dark denim with a subtle wash. I only wear skinny jeans at this point in my life, with a seldom exception. Full length and I very much like ankle length or a little over the ankle in summer. Skinny jeans accentuate my lean and long legs - and I like to shift focus on my legs.
* Skinny black leather pants. Normal ones, not like the Givenchy & Saint Laurent zipper thing.
* This seldom exception would be one pair of black high-waisted, perfectly tailored trousers that are overall just a little bit wider.
* Two pairs of black cigarette trousers like Audrey Hepburn used to wear.
* As for t-shirts and tank tops, I like basic black and white ones. Round-neck, V-neck, doesn’t matter. I do not like any kind of prints unless it’s an okay print. Well I guess I am guilty of owning the black & white Balmain tank tops with the three golden buttons on the left shoulder haha but these are the only printed shirts in my wardrobe because they do add a little bit of sophisticated edge to my day looks.
* Elegant silk blouses are also a must in my wardrobe. Here, I like playful pussy bow blouses and a bit more ‘daring’, statement blouses. Although I do not like statement or ‘IT’ pieces in general and usually stay far away from them. I like to wear these blouses with my black high-waisted trousers.
* I am a sucker for coats. I own a lot of coats. Fur and normal ones. I adore a good camel coat and am also a sucker for military-inspired coats. The colours of my choice, for normal coats, would be camel, black and navy at this time. Other colours for fur coats.
* I fucking love capes and have quite a few. Black ones, mid-length to the middle of the thigh I’d say.
* Jumpers / Longsleeves / etc. Here, I am always looking for good quality cashmere, and wool. Mainly wearing them in autumn and winter. I like turtleneck pieces a lot.
* Warm Scarves - all my scarves are of a cashmere/silk mix. I also wear them when it’s cold or just throw them over my shoulders on a chilly summer night when I’m out at a dinner party or so.
* Fancy Scarves - silk. I sometimes wear them under/over a blazer, with a normal button down shirt and a high-waisted skirt.
* Skirts - one high-waisted black leather mini skirt, a black high-waisted heavy wool skirt / knee length
* Shorts - different pairs of mini denim shorts, beautiful lace mini shorts, black leather mini shorts
* Blazers - oh boy. I love blazers. I have so many. Again, black and navy coloured blazers. I have this beautiful slim, perfectly tailored black blazer that is a bit longer than a usual blazer - just beautiful. one of my fav pieces.
* Jackets - love. black leather jackets for the edge, but elegant leather jackets. I also dig black leather jackets with a beautiful embroidery on the back side. and uhm *coughs* of course the classic - the Chanel jacket. normal black and beige. is an absolute must have. and so versatile! I have the cropped versions as they fit my body far better than the regular length ones.
* Dresses - oh uh. I collect dresses. For any occasion. However I prefer short dresses, above knee length and mini dresses. Do have a couple of mid-calf length dresses, though. Here I say that the fancier the dress, the better. But it still has to look absolutely beautiful and not dramatic. Although I would have loved to have that black/red and red Proenza Schouler ostrich feather dresses just because they look so badass.. but where the hell would I have worn it to.. that’s the other question haha! I love brocade, I love silk, I love lace, I love velvet dresses. My dress colours are usually black and red but I also do have some white, silver, blue dresses. As for the regular shopping day in town, I just wear a long black dress with gladiator flats and that’s it. Dun care. Bye, Felicias.
* Shoes - sexy black high pumps, the famous espadrilles (I like wearing them in summer with my ankle-length skinnys), the famous Balenciaga boots with the cutouts at the sides and the two buckles with silver hardware, not gold (literally every Russian jetset baby has these boots omg haha), velveteen ballet flats, silken/satin ballet flats, gladiator sandals (which are bound up to the knee), sexy suede overknee boots - I like my overknee boots to be of mid-thigh length, sneakers (have so many omg..leather and suede (apart from the one pair of Nike sneakers I like to wear on long haul flights. various models, various colours), various black combat boots that look more delicate than ugly and harsh, lace-up high heels, platform pumps, I LOVE high heels! gosh… it’s hard to describe without naming the designers and the particular models because it all sounds so vague and ugly haha! I like classy shoes as much as I like very special models like embellished shoes or just some fancy colours, etc.
* Silk Pajamas - I have a pair of baby pink ones and a pair of baby blue ones.
* Lingerie - am a lingerie addict, but which girl isn’t?
* Silk Robes - long dressing robes, short morning robes, everything. Black, white, red, and the pastel colours from above (babypink, babyblue)
* Invest in good stockings! Quite a few pairs of normal black ones. And black ones with the sexy seam at the backside for more..well, special evenings and occasions ;)
* Hats - Maison Michel; different colours, made of felt
These are pretty much my staples. I am so sure that I have forgotten many many other things, but this should suffice. I have written a post on my personal fragrance choices which you might want to check out if you are interested in this as well!
Pairing : Tony!Father x Reader!Daughter x Steve x Avengers
Summary: You are Tony’s daughter, everything was normal until you recall your past in your nightmares.
A/N : Sorry about the grammar and also because I didn’t submit anything in like months 💀, but anyway I wanted to try something new and write a serie… so well here I go. Also, if someone out there can help me with the grammar it will be awesome. Oh and italics are dreams/ nightmares.
“Okay but listen to me this time” said Sam standing up with the cool beer in his hand and a card with the name “Bucky Barnes” in his forehead.
Everyone was laughing, we were in the main room with a lot of junk food, beers and music. All of us was trying to guess the persons, place or job in our foreheads, the hilarious thing was that, Tony changed the traditional game to things that everyone has lived before, like places or names of missions, the quotes of some of us, our names, the places we came from, everything about us.
This game started in a Sunday in the middle of Winter, when no one wanted to leave the Tower, but also everyone wanted to do something, so Stark came with the game. From that moment the Tower was full of joy, Stark can be a dick, but sometimes he is really funny and can bring all the Avengers to have a family day.
Everyone laughed with the random descriptions for different avengers, the first one to guess her card was actually Wanda with the beautiful question ‘Do I Hulk in the bedroom?’ winning in less than 10 seconds. Then Natasha trying to guess Loki asking, ‘am I adopted?’ making Thor laugh even harder. That was the mechanic of the game so everyone has enjoying it.
All the team had already guess from 5 to 8 cards except for Sam, he was the only one that hadn’t guess his card for an hour now, so again it was his time to guess, and everyone was losing their faith in him.
“Okay, ‘am not a Prince, pirate, doctor, cowboy, actor, singer, president, writer, artist, playboy, scientific, God, russian, kid, robot, millionaire, dad… so okay, I may be an asshole? ” Sam asked with all the seriousness in his voice.
All started to laugh at this once again, even Bucky, in the background everyone heard Sam screamed “I remind you all… it’s my time the one’s running out!”. Truth be told, everyone at this point was a little tipsy so every single thing was funny and seeing how Sam was losing his shit, turned everything better.
“Depends on the perspective” said T’Challa who was by your left side, trying not to keep laughing.
At this Bucky glared at T’Challa and said “Hey!” with his ‘pain’ voice, and once again, everyone laughed.
“That’s everything I need it! I’m fucking Barnes!” screamed Sam throwing his hands into the air, spilling beer on the floor.
“I’m not going to tell you again Sam! Don’t ruin my floor!” Tony said glaring at Sam, this was like the tenth time that Sam throws something on the floor.
“'kay man, just relax. I’m finally free!” said Sam sitting next to you.
“Free? It’s the first card you guess… let me put another one,” said Wanda with a chuckle.
“Another? What?, no, there’s no way I’m doing this again” said Sam crossing his arms in front of his chest and glaring at everyone. It wasn’t a minute after that Wanda put the card on his forehead with the quote “Bird Brain” (Bucky’s quote). And once again, everyone chuckled, earning a confused ‘What?’ from Sam.
The next one was you, so you stand up and cleared your throat.
“Now Y/N , ready?… NOW” Bruce said starting the time for you.
“Okay so ‘am not an assassin, nor an avenger… it’s my job something common on the city?” you asked, everyone answered with a “yes” so you keep going. “Okay, am I a police?” and they told you “no”, you keep going with jobs and jobs until they said yes, time was running out and finally you said “Am I Lee? Our postman?” you finally said.
“YES!” Wanda screamed at you with a full smile and joy in her eyes.
At this Sam looked at you, while you took a seat and Wanda put another card on your forehead, with the word ‘Fondue’, again, everyone laugh and Steve turned red as a tomato.
“How the hell all of you do that, when you received this kind of training?” asked Sam more confused.
“It’s hard for you, because you have a bird brain” said Bucky taking a sip of his beer with a shitty grin.
“That’s it you fucking cyborg!” screamed Sam trying to attack Bucky, but he accidentally threw his beer to the floor.
“Sam! The fuck I just told you!” Tony said one more in his ‘dad voice’
The game kept going until it was late, pretty late. So everyone started to call the night and go to sleep. You were going to leave with Steve too until Tony called you.
“Y/N, wait don’t go. Please” he said with his ‘you don’t have other option’ voice.
Steve looked at you a little confused, you gave him a soft smile and he gave your temple a quick kiss before leaving you alone with him. When you two were alone you turned to see Tony.
“I thought I’ll never see the day when Tony Stark will say ‘please’ ” you said with a chuckle, but he didn’t reply, so now, you were a little scared.
“Okay, what’s wrong?” you told him with seriousness.
“What have you out of your mind lately?, and give me a hand here” he told you while he was picking the empty beer bottles.
“What do you mean?” you asked him while you started collecting the dirty plates.
“Y/N I know you, don’t lie to me. I saw you, you weren’t you hours ago, so tell me, what’s bothering you?” he said now looking at you.
And for some reason you felt tiny, like he was a giant and you an ant, like a kid that did something wrong, but also, you really wanted to tell Tony everything that was not okay, you two had this big bound about trust, of course because he was your father, you couldn’t hide anything even if you wanted, so here you are, taking a big breath and thinking about how to tell Tony.
“Nightmares, again.” You told him with pain in your voice, even if you didn’t want the words to leave that way, it was true that those dreams were a really a pain in the ass. You didn’t look at Tony, instead you were looking at the empty dishes in your hands.
“Y/N, this has gotten too far and you know it, you stopped going to the sessions-” Tony started talking serious but you cut him.
“Because he wanted to know what I saw in those nightmares!” you said a little annoyed, this because you don’t trust easily on people, so you didn’t want anyone to know about this.
“Why? What do you see in those nightmares?” Tony asked you a little worried now.
Your mind started to fight between telling Tony or not. You just wanted to go to bed after all, you didn’t want to talk about it, and as painful as it sounds, you didn’t tell Tony, because you were afraid.
“I-I’m not ready to talk about it” you said with a sad and a low voice.
You walked to the kitchen to leave the dirty dishes, leaving Tony calling your name in the background. You hated it to leave Tony that way, but you hoped he’ll understand that you weren’t ready to talk to him. You went to your now shared room with Steve and you found him waiting for you in the bed. When he heard the door he walked to you.
“Everything alright?” he asked you, a little concerned.
“Yes, just dad-daughter issues, you know?” you told him with a little smile.
“I hate to tell you this, but I can read you dear, what’s wrong?, are this about the nightmares?” he asked you.
In that moment you felt so sad not even knowing why, but you felt like if you were going to break in any moment. You closed your eyes and nodded.
“Hey, I got you. Everything’s gonna be okay” he held you tight against his chest.
Your stabilized by hearing his heart. When you were ready you looked up to him to said ‘thanks’ and both of you went to bed.
You couldn’t move, nor even breathe well, you were just a crying and pleading mess like your whole body. Escape, that was the only thing in your mind, you started to scream until you felt your lungs burning. But no one came.
You looked down, you where tied up to a metal stretcher, you shake your hands until blood was running from the wounds, this make you cry even harder. You couldn’t even remove the tears from your eyes.
You stopped moving when you heard heavy footsteps, and you prayed for you hero to come, but instead a group of man dressed all in black came with syringes and two suitcases. Immediately you started to scream and shake your body again, but none of the man cared about. You plead for your life, but no one listened, you were scared, so scared.
Your eyes drifted to the suitcase when you heard the sound, your eyes looked at the blue fluid, and you screamed once more, that didn’t looked well, instead it looked like Death and pain. This time, two men grabbed your head roughly to put something inside your mouth, that thing didn’t let you scream anymore, still you heard and saw everything.
“Look, I-I don’t know if she’s going to endure the process, she’s too young, sir” the man with grey hair said.
“Dr. Shneider, I understand it’s the first time you do this kind of things, but listen carefully. This, is the fifth time we do this with kids, unfortunately just a few survive, and we care?, no. This will only gave us the strong ones, so start the process, and try no to waste this material, it’s invaluable, understand?” the tall man with blonde hair said.
“Sir. I don’t even know how to start this” the other man said.
The blonde man grabbed the old scientist by his throat in a second making him scream, he pinned into the wall and he spoke once more.
“Make the process, don’t waste all the formula, if she dies we burn the body, understand? ” the blonde man said with a firm voice.
The old scientist nodded and he fell to the floor in no time.
“Oh, and for you knowledge, the formula will make her a mutant, so don’t be surprised if you see something weird on her” said the blonde man before leaving the room with his guards behind him.
The scientist stood up, he put everything of the right place, the formula on the big syringes, and walked in front of you. You started to shake once again to escape, but the man placed a hand on your chest.
“Stop moving girl, it’ll be worst” he said with a guilty voice.
You begged with tears running down your face. The scientist, looked at you and then to the big mirror of the wall, he muttered a 'sorry’ before putting multiples cables and artifacts on you vital signs. He walked away to a big computer, you heard a rough voice through the speakers making a countdown, when the voice reached the one, your eyes looked at blue fluid, you heard the sounds of multiple machines and how everything was coming to life, in matter of seconds the liquid started to go down.
And then you whole body seemed to be burning inside, your back arched roughly, your hands, feets and head were shaking, you felt the fluid running through your veins, blood came out of your eyes and nose. Your body was convulsing and your eyes turned white, you were sweating, crying, screaming, you kept listening to the machines but you couldn’t see anything you could only feel the pain, you though your body was going to explode in any minute and then -
“Y/N!, Wake up!” you heard a familiar voice and your eyes opened instantly.
“Y/N you’re okay, I got you, you’re safe, i’m here” you heard the voice again but your mind couldn’t place a name on the face.
You were crying, sweating, shaking and it was hard for you to breathe. Again, you wanted to escape and this man place both of this hands on your shoulders, he repeated the words, but you didn’t even recognize the name which he was calling you . It took you minutes to figure out where you where. Your eyes scanned the place like three times, the man in front of you, until you realised it was Steve.
“Steve?” you asked afraid that he wasn’t real.
“Yeah, it’s me” he answered you, more relaxed.
“Oh my god Steve, it- they-” you couldn’t even explain yourself you were a crying mess.
“Hey, Y/N, come on” Steve make you sit up and he held you against his chest. “Breathe with me, one… two…one…two” he repeated until your sobbing stopped.
“Better?” he asked you when he felt that you were now relaxed.
You nodded and held him tight in fear he was going to dissapear in any minute.
“Now… I’ll bring you some water, okay?” he said letting you go, but you grabbed his wrist.
“Don’t leave please” you begged him and he stayed with you.
“Fine, well, let’s try to sleep again, okay?, I’m not going anywhere, but, tomorrow, you’ll tell Tony, okay?” Steve asked you, of course he was concerned, this kind of nightmares felt too real to be just part of your imagination, he knew they had a deeper meaning.
You nodded and he tooked you again in his arms. Both of you hoped to avoid the nightmares for the rest of the night.
Dahlias were first called Acocotli or Cocoxochitl (meaning “Water Stem”) before being named after Swedish Botanist Andreas Dahl in the late 18th century, 200 years after their arrival in Spain. I’ve only seen records written in past tense of Aztec people using Acocotli “roots” for food and medicine - I’d love to learn of this tradition being carried on or revived. This is the national flower of Mexico. Aztecs grew them in their gardens and used them from the wild as well. There are 35 species in the genus, all native to the highlands in what is now Mexico, Guatemala, and northern South America. Spanish conquistadors, while conquering, suppressing, and murdering Aztec people and society, collected three of these species (Dahlia pinnata, D. rosea, and D. coccinea) and sent them to Spain. They attempted to work on the plants as food crops, but the Europeans weren’t especially interested until the plants hybridized and eventually made double flowers (the middle right and bottom right in this first photo are single flowers). I have to admit, I’ve been bitten by the dahlia bug and I too am breeding for new hybrid varieties, and learning as I go. This plant is unusual in that it has 64 chromosomes - 4 times that of most plants - so its genetic variability is incredible.
That said, I’m also honoring the original uses of the plant and looking for tasty tubers as I store the plants each winter. Better tasting varieties are similar to celery, water chestnuts, and perhaps ginger.
Grateful to Roughwood Seed Collection (@roughwoodseeds) for allowing me to grow their entire collection this year (including all of those shown in this fist photo). Grateful to Debbie Warden for allowing me to grow on her magical land again this year. Grateful to Snapdragon Flowers (@snapdragonflowersphilly) for being an amazing customer and supporter of my work. Also grateful to @wearewildflowers and @lunariagardens for ordering flowers for some weddings this year! We may have a week or two of blooms to go before the frost.
#acocotli #cocoxochitl #dahlia #dahlias #watercane #aztecfood #dahliabreeding #edibledahlias
Tired of being kept awake at night by a screaming baby, Bucky decides to take matters into his own hands. Mostly he wants a good night’s sleep, but what he gets is a beautiful baby boy with big blue eyes, a lonely father trying to move on from tragedy, and a chance at a family he never expected to have.
“Steve Rogers. I haven’t thought about him in…God, at least ten years. Probably longer.“ “Who is he?” Sharon asks, and perches on the corner of his desk, hands folded in her lap. “You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” Bucky clears his throat, tosses the sticky note onto the desk. “Steve was…my college boyfriend. We almost got married.”
It’s been fifteen years since Bucky Barnes left Steve Rogers standing in a New York airport and never saw him again. Those fifteen years have brought him wealth and stability; everything his lower middle class Brooklyn upbringing had not provided. He is happy. He doesn’t want for anything. He doesn’t need anything. That’s about to change.
Bucky Barnes has quite the charmed life. He has a thriving tattoo shop, a son he adores, the world’s best dogs, and a great group of friends — almost all of whom are in relationships. And maybe he’d been the one nudging them towards each other, but there’s nothing wrong with a little match-making. The world could use more romance.
As for him personally, well, he doesn’t need anyone for the long haul. Not when every girl he comes across is someone who he thinks would be perfect for someone else.
But then Steve Rogers comes into his shop looking for some ink, and maybe that’s the problem right there. Maybe what he’s looking for in a relationship isn’t a girl at all.
You’d think a guy who owns one of the most successful bakeries in Brooklyn, has a million-dollar smile and that antiquated good ol’ boy charm, blond hair and blue eyes and biceps for days, would know what’s what.
But don’t let that fool you: Steve Rogers is a mess.
Bucky Barnes was skyrocketing through promotions at his advertising firm. Now, a partnership position is opening and if Bucky wants to see his name on the building, he needs to impress not only Mr. Tony Stark, but his wife Pepper. To do this, it takes a team, a couple to be exact. Bucky asks his ex-wife Natasha to set him up with the perfect girl, blonde, tall, thick thighs and huge tits, but with the personality that’ll get Pepper all smiles.
What Bucky gets? Tall, blonde, thick thighs…and a penis. Can this male escort pretend to not only be Bucky’s fiance but also impress Pepper enough to win Bucky the promotion? Is he going to impress Bucky enough to get him to sleep with him?
barefootbucky: heyyy! sorry it took me so long to reply. hope you got the last few postcards i sent. ok so i’m in istanbul now and there’s a dirt cheap direct flight to dc. thinkin about stopping by for a bit. mind if i crash with you? the road is great and all but i think i need some time to recoup.
For the past thirteen years, Steve and Bucky have said ‘Merry Christmas’ to each other every year. Some years, they weren’t together when they said it, but when Bucky was deployed, apart from one year when Bucky’s call got interrupted by action, they always managed a 'Merry Christmas’ in Bucky’s weekly Skype call.
It was Christmas Eve and Bucky’s Skype call time had come and gone.
Steve couldn’t imagine a worse Christmas than one where he didn’t get to tell his husband Merry Christmas.
Bucky Barnes meets Steve Rogers in the middle of winter in Central Park.
(Or the fic where Bucky works at Nordstrom and is a high class memer with a string of hopeless blind dates, whilst Steve is a precious pet goldfish lover who lives his life as a hot teacher alongside working a night job.)
Steve is gorgeous, tall and blond and built like a football player. And he talks to Bucky like a real person, not some caricature to appease. The thought of him getting up makes Bucky panic slightly. “No! That’s not-” He blushes and kills time by drinking his coffee. “I’m not- I don’t know-“
"It’s ok.” Steve smiles and Bucky gets the feeling he understands despite Bucky’s gibbering. “Do you want me to go?”
“No, stay. Gotta start somewhere, right?”
Where Bucky is son of a homophobic politician and meets barista Steve.
This was the first AU i’ve read and it got me craving for more.
Adjusting to civilian life is hard for any military veteran — especially for one ex-sniper with a cybernetic arm, a classic Harley, and friends who keep trying to ‘help.’ When Sam Wilson at the VA sends Sergeant Barnes to rent a room from the hottest guy in the DC area, Bucky thinks maybe civilian life is worth it after all. And then he finds out Captain Rogers is everything Bucky’s not: a real hero, a Medal of Honor recipient, and an all-around nice guy. Bucky doesn’t have a chance in hell with him.
Sam was a huge help to Steve Rogers when he left the military. In the spirit of ‘pay it forward,’ Steve decides to rent out his basement room to a vet in need. But when Sergeant Barnes shows up on his doorstep, he knows he’s in for a world of trouble. Barnes is exactly what Steve never knew he wanted, from his bedroom eyes to his wicked innuendos. And he’s Steve’s tenant.
A love story in twelve chapters, including two Harley-Davidsons, a guardian angel, multiple snipers, the only woman who can scare them into behaving themselves, spontaneous kittens, and one attacking sheep.
OMG this is my favorite AU and you should definitely read it. It also has a sequel with Steve and Bucky shopping in IKEA which is totally adorable.
Fifteen years ago, a skinny kid from Brooklyn went to an arts summer camp, where he met child movie star Jimmy Barnes. Their unlikely friendship faded as the years passed. But now, a threat to Barnes’ career brings Steve back into his life, in the most unexpected of ways.
Or, the one where Bucky is a smooth celebrity, right up until Steve the snarky photographer shows up, and Bucky’s whole world gets blown to pieces.
From the same author as the previous one and equally awesome.
Steve Rogers runs a small bakery in Brooklyn with his friend Peggy. When his neighbours Natasha and Sam announce that they are getting married, Steve is immediately commissioned to make the wedding cake. He’s more than thrilled, but gets more than he bargained for when asked to co-ordinate with Bucky Barnes - Natasha’s highly attractive and charming wedding planner.
Funny and cute, with a bit of Sam/Natasha. I especially liked that the author has written the Skinny!Steve with not only asthma but also all his other health problems that are usually forgotten in other fics.
“God, he can’t stop smiling, and it must be infectious because a slow grin is stretching across Steve’s face, and now he’s the one looking at Bucky from up under his eyelashes and asking, “How have we not met before?”
And, really, that’s the question isn’t it.”
Otherwise known as: The Bucky Barnes Hot Dad AU or The One Where Steve Crashes All Of Bucky’s Dates Without Really Trying
Steve frequently sends out care packages for the troops, and when he learns about the penpal program, he’s quick to fill out an application. He’s assigned Sargent James Buchanan Barnes. Everything grows from then.
Bucky, a Brooklyn-based cop, has his head turned by Steve Rogers, who’s just opened up a flower shop in his neighbourhood. It all goes horribly wrong when a string of murders leads to Steve being the prime suspect
Agent Steve Rogers is assigned to protect President Barnes’ son, Bucky - a troubled war veteran with a penchant for causing havoc. Bucky is a war hero but keeps veering to the path of self destruction, and Steve is sure as hell doesn’t want to get fired over this shit. His job is to protect Bucky, even from himself.
Bucky likes to take a break from writing at 3am and head to The Grinder for his nightly coffee. But he doesn’t just go for the coffee. The midnight barista has caught his eye, but Bucky has a secret that can’t get out.
In which Steve is the proud owner of Frost, a semi famous local bakery in DC and despite the overwhelming insistence that it’s about time he start dating, Steve swears up and down he isn’t ready for that. Or as of recently, just doesn’t have the time because of Mr. Barnes – the highly demanding wedding planner on the phone who keeps asking for nearly impossible deliveries and maybe Steve would like to personally strangle him. Maybe.
(There is pie. And misunderstandings. But a lot more desserts and eye rolls.)
His problem is embodied in almost six feet of cocky smiles and toned muscles and tattoos and it starts three weeks into the school year when his life drawing professor announces that they’re finally moving onto studying the human form and says, “This is James. He’s going to be our first model.”
And the guy steps up onto the platform in the middle of the room and undresses without a lick of self-consciousness, smirking all the while, and Steve thinks, Oh, hell.
OR: Steve is an art student and Bucky is a figure model and a lot of pining happens.
AU: When war breaks out in Europe in 1939, Steve and Bucky cross the border into Canada, pretend to be Canadian and join the RAF.
"Another two men came through the door. Quite the contrasting pair—one tall and dark, the other one blond and so short that the recruiting officer must have included his hat to get him over the regulation height.
The two introduced themselves as Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers, in accents that John had never expected to hear in the RAF. Naturally he’d heard that some Americans were passing themselves off as Canadian to join in the fight, but…to be entirely honest, he’d thought that they’d be more convincing Canadians.”
“It could be a relationship, it could not be. You can assume either until you see for sure the results.”
We all know those moments. Those moments when your family all gathers around you and asks “So, do you have a boyfriend yet?”. Bucky knows these moments all too well and, quite frankly, he’s sick to death of them. Unfortunately, being a 21 year old college student makes it harder for him to come up with excuses, and with Christmas coming up he needs to think of a way out fast. A chance encounter with a stranger through an old library textbook could just be the kind of miracle he needs to make it through the holidays with his last shreds of sanity intact.
Steve’s hunkered down on a bench right outside the still-dark Starbucks, thankful for the mittens that Sam’s mother had knitted for him and clutching his newly-updated astronomy journal to his chest, when he hears a jingle of keys and a door creak open to his left. His head snaps up and his heart leaps because thank fucking god someone’s finally come to open the damn Starbucks.
But no, it’s not the Starbucks guy (whose name Steve always forgets, no matter how many times he was there when he opened up), it’s someone going into the new bakery that just opened across the street.
Bucky Barnes is eighteen, a senior in highschool, and totally in love with his best friend. It’s okay. He’ll either get over it or sleep with every hipster twink in college who’s in a band. At least, that’s what Natasha says.
Bucky Barnes is studying for his masters in Music Composition at Juilliard when he unexpectedly meets skinny little artist Steve Rogers in a book store one Saturday. They both have their issues and it’s going to take a lot to understand each other, but with a little help from friends and family, they might be able to make this work.
It’s Steve’s second summer working at Disney World when he meets Prince Charming (aka: Bucky Barnes, college kid from Brooklyn whose ass looks absolutely devastating in his Prince Charming slacks) and maybe starts to feel a little Disney magic in his heart.
Steve Rogers was content with his life. He loved his shop, loved creating works of art for people to display on their bodies, had a tight knit group of friends who cared about him, and had finally paid off his student loans and the loan he’d taken out to start his business. But it still feels like there’s something, or someone, missing from his life.
Everything’s going to change when he decides to take Natasha’s advice and sign up for a military penpal program.
In which Bucky is the new kid, Steve is the square who takes him in, Tony and Pepper fight over valedictorian a year in advance, Thor remains a golden god, Loki remains a drama queen, Natasha commits an act of vigilante justice, Clint somehow fails to make a your mom joke, Darcy is a Satanist, Jane is a goth, Sif is fine thank you very much, Sam climbs a tree, Peggy says no, Rumlow is a bully, and Mrs. Rogers, Mr. Coulson, and Ms. Hill are all very long-suffering.
Or: the story of the year Bucky Barnes finally learned how to talk to at least one other human being, discovered J. D. Salinger, started to try in school (kind of), got a haircut, landed a punch, almost got arrested, and kissed a boy on the mouth.
Bucky looks like he’s had a difficult month, what with the eviction notice and all, but that’s not the reason Steve gives for allowing him to stay on his couch. “You have somewhere to go?” Steve questioned, crossing his arms and attempting to look casual, not like he was worried for Bucky. He stepped into the apartment, ignoring how bare it was. Bucky paused and gave him an exasperated look. “I’m not completely hopeless.” A fic spanning from mid-November to early-February.
Steve and Bucky have been friends forever and now they go to the same University– Steve for Art and French and Bucky for History and Russian. They might not have many classes together, but they do share a room and every other moment in between: flirting, bickering, going out to dinner…not to mention just being generally adorable.
Or, a fluffy slice of life fic to ease the pain of finals.