It was a very sunny Saturday and the zoo was crowded with families. The Dursleys bought Dudley and Piers large chocolate ice creams at the entrance and then, because the smiling lady in the van had asked Harry what he wanted before they could hurry him away, they bought him a cheap lemon ice pop. It wasn’t bad, either, Harry thought…
(The Philosopher’s Stone, Chapter 2)
I haven’t done Harry Potter fanart in yearsss! (Not counting my Merlin crossovers, haha…) Well I’ve had the urge to draw my long-ago muse again, though I’ve drawn him much differently than before. I think POC depictions of him and Hermione are so great. This early scene came to mind, it’s always been memorable to me… sad and sweet…
(My Art Tag) *Please don’t repost(?) or use elsewhere without my permission, thanks!
reminder that canon ebb used to go drinking with the headmistress’ sister and that she knows pub brawl spells???? where is the 80s bad girl ebb that we all deserve????????? also hc that ebb had a gap b/w her front teeth throughout her watford years and only got braces as an adult???
How to fall in love with yourself and feel a bit happier too:
1) Buy clothes that you like, rather than what others say you should wear or what is “made” for your body type. If you’re plus-sized and like crop-tops, then wear them. If you’re skinny and like baggy clothes, then wear them. If you’re tall and like heels, wear them. If you’re short and like ballet flats and sneakers, wear them. If you’re a boy and like skirts, wear them. If you’re a girl and like cargo pants, then wear them. If you like the clothes you’re in, then you are more likely to like yourself.
2) Eat good foods. Eat a bowl of fruit for breakfast, and a salad for lunch. Your stomach will feel good and so will the rest of you.
3) Keep up with hygiene. Brush your teeth in the mornings, and shower daily. It feels nice, I promise.
4) Do your make-up, but only if you want to. If you prefer not wearing makeup, then don’t wear it. People don’t care as much as you think they do. If you like to wear makeup, and it makes you happy, then do it!!!
5) Treat yourself. I don’t mean by buying expensive things. I mean, have an evening to yourself once in a while. Buy a face mask, take a bubble bath, paint your nails, catch up on your favorite show.
6) Prioritize and be proactive. Don’t wait until the last minute to do things that have deadlines. It’s less stressful to get things done ASAP. And when you lessen that stress, you will be more happy.
7) When you look in the mirror, don’t point out the bad things. Look at your positive aspects and learn how to love yourself not only for them, but for your flaws as well. Accepting the fact that you have flaws, and that everyone else does as well, will put you in a better mindset.
8) Don’t hurt yourself on purpose! Don’t do things that you know can be dangerous or even fatal! Find other ways to relieve stress or get an adrenaline rush.
9) Don’t hate on other people. Don’t point out other people’s flaws and don’t tell them that they are wrong. We all have different experiences and different perspectives. It’s unfair to hate on people because you believe differently.
10) Remove verbally and emotionally abusive people from your life. If they feel the need to attack you or to make you feel less than you are, then they. do. not. care. about. you. and you absolutely stop associating with that person.
11) Remove people that are bad influences from your life. Don’t stay with people that are continuously making you do things that you think are wrong. Don’t stay with people that pull you away from loved ones. Don’t stay with people that constantly try to coerce you into being someone that you are not
12) Last but not least, take care of yourself. Remember, people out there love you, and if they are able to love you, you should be able to as well❤️
AAARGH IT’S FINALLY FINISHED I DON’T WANT TO LOOK AT IT ANYMORE
It took weeks. W E E K S.
[Also, I don’t like to be harsh but don’t even like it if you’re not going to reblog - I usually don’t care (well, I care, but it’s not like I can do anything about it), but this one took really A LOT of effort, time and bloody tears (especially time and bloody tears. AND frustration. Did I mention curses? I’ll spend a century in Hell for all the curses I said working on this.)]