@incorrect-villainous-quotes pls look at this, notice me ,huehueh i kinda like those short quotes, i cry because it’s too relatable and laugh. Well, got an art block, if you don’t like a smol hint of Paperhat,pls tell me. thanks…? just sayin.
What to do when you have an art block? Buy Kyle’s awesome watercolor brushes, and draw braiding Eds! it’s frickin hard and s o m u c h f u n !!! I probably got the anatomy wrong, but still, I had such a good time drawing these. They are not in a particular order, I was just messing around.
- Your favorite character with clothes they would never wear.
- A crack ship.
- Dance poses. Breakdance poses are always better.
- Think about a feeling/emotion, try drawing something that would make you feel that way.
- A magical/mythical creature.
- Modern day AUs are always fun.
- What would your fave’s room look like?
- Expressions! Extra points for making them exaggerated.
- Flying objects. Any kind of objects. Put some wings on a refrigerator.
- Your outfit!
- Design a mermaid. Or a sprite.
- don’t erase the stuff you’ve already drawn, just make the layer invisible. if you’re anything like me then deleting in process sketches has a very light subconscious negative effect on how the drawing is turning out.
- don’t draw your sketches on white, especially if your brush is black. white is hard to draw on. change it to grey. trust me on this.
- if a sketch is almost there but not quite try mirroring it horizontally. the issues will be way easier to spot.
-if inking isnt your thing but you want outlines just paint your color over the sketch lines, then do the ink lines last.
- if you have lots of ideas but no patience with details like myself take to tiny tiny thumbnails. like im talking barely bigger than your thumb. it forces you to look at the whole picture and not just the details.
- if tiny doesnt work/you like detailing go opposite. draw REALLY huge and work your way through.
For this weeks TUTOR TUESDAY, I just wanted to have a little talk about the dreaded ART BLOCK. Why they happen and how to make them goooooo. If you have any tutorial recommendations, send them here or to my personal! Keep practicing, have fun, and I’ll see you next week!
..has dark skin
..has scars on their wrists
..has naturally red hair
..wears a hijab
..has a crooked nose
..has more than one eye
..only has one eye
..presents very androgynous
..has got robotic body parts
Have some sketches. Focused more on original stuff tonight. Also, GONNA TRY TO MAKE PASTA IN MY TINY FREAKIN APARTMENT. It’s so small. I got to tiny burners and half a sink and they’re placed an inch apart. No counter space. Ugh. I love you japan. But I would have given up half my living room for this “Kitchen” which is more like a “food prep hallway.
Aside from working on originals I’ve decided to spend my time on a secret fandom project. Should be a HOOT!