“What did you do for seven years?” “We entertained your daughters.” “What happens now?” “Some of them will remember, some of them will forget, and some of them, years from now, will tell their daughters about the stories we told.” “And that…” “That’s immortality, my darling.”
The girls finally found out who A.D is (choose who you see best fit), they feel closure for what had happened over the past several years and finally feel at peace with all that went on. Everything is explained from day one, A.D is finally killed or locked away, and they are finally safe again.
Then, there is a three year time jump. We see the five girls end up with the love they deserve, the career they have always wanted, the family they have always dreamed of. It as if everything is tied in a perfect bow, we, as an audience, feel weirdly satisfied with a happy ending and realize that it is finally the end, but at least we know the whole A.D story and know the truth.
Finally, as the screen goes black, we think that it’s it, it’s over. Until all of a sudden, they show Radley Sanitarium, the camera follows down the hallways, through the haunted, creepy rooms. And then, it zooms to a shaking hand, writing furiously in a notebook, in scribbled writing and smudged ink. And as the person writes “the end”, they close the notebook and all you see is the title “Pretty Little Liars” written in cursive on the front. Then suddenly, the camera zooms out and all you see is Aria, in a hospital gown, rocking back and forth as she sits at a desk that is filled with baby dolls, smiling smuggly at the book she had just written. The story of five girls being stalked by an ominous character, the other four girls are ones that Aria has always admired, one’s that she has always dreamed of being friends with. And then, a nurse walks in.
“Aria, are you finished writing for the day? It is time for your shower.” She says, standing cautiously at the edge of the doorway, resembling Mrs. Grunwald.
“Yes, I am.” Aria nods, the bags under eyes prominent, her eyes blood shot. “My story is finished. A story of my life, me and my four best friends, stalked and tortured by A, a murder mystery.” She pauses, “Did you know, I had a scary life, Miss?” Her lip begins to shake, “Full of killing and betrayal.” She picks up a doll, brushing it’s hair with her fingers. “I always felt so … scared.”
“Time for your shower, dear.” The nurse sighs, “Remember, this is all make believe, it is all in your head Ms. Montgomery. No need to be scared.”
“Aria, Emily, Spencer, Hanna and Alison, my Pretty Little Liars. Has a nice ring to it huh?” She looks endearingly at her book once last time before putting it back on the shelf and walking toward the nurse. Grunwald turns off the lights behind them and then, the screen turns black.
“Hope is something of the past
Some things cannot be fixed. There will
Always be someone out there and when
Everyone is hiding something
Are there people you can really trust?”
-the liars (acrostic poem)
• Harassed by an Anonymous person threatening to kill her
• Hit in the head with a rock by her sister
• Buried alive by her own mother
• Manipulated to run away because she thought someone was out to kill her
• Stabbed by Cyrus, her boyfriend, who only wanted her money
• She hasn’t seen her mom for 2 years and comes back to find out she was murdered
• Everyone in town wanted her dead
• Physically attacked by A
• Her friends betrayed her and got her sent to jail for a murder that didn’t even happen
• Found out her sister that she didn’t even know about was A and was the person that was torturing her for years
• Stayed in Rosewood while the liars went off to college to take care of Charlotte, her sister
• Guess what…
• Her sister got murdered
• Got married to a man who had a fake identity and only wanted her money
• He made Alison think she was seeing dead people and got her to check into a mental institution
• Mary Drake, Alison’s mother’s twin was helping her husband, Alison didn’t even know she existed
• She was abused by her husband at the mental institution she was staying at and couldn’t leave without his sign off
• Her friends started accusing her of killing her sister, even though she stayed behind for 5 years to take care of her
• Attacked by AD, would’ve gotten murdered if the police didn’t show up
• Pregnant with her abuser’s child
Alison DiLaurentis is the strongest character on Pretty Little Liars and has been through so much, she deserves all the love and happiness in the world. She doesn’t deserve any hate, especially because of her past when she has such great development.