- Capitalist Society: People are lazy.
- Me: Eh, people aren't lazy, we just don’t like – and can’t live decently or happily within – a system while constantly being exploited. How about questioning why it is that our society values a person’s life only in direct proportion to how much they produce and how efficiently they do it? How about asking what life might look like if our entire existence did not revolve around – and become defined by – wage-labor?
- Capitalist Society: Work or die buddy. Your choice.
- Me: That's not a choice. It's coercion. It is the imminent threat of violence enforced by a system which deploys state terror to cement and expand the borders of capital, which controls how we live and think to constantly reproduce forms of self-management like a autonomous clock set in motion, needing only the slightest nudge to continue ticking onward. It is as much as a choice as trying to swim while drowning.
- Capitalist Society: Call in sick again and you're fired.
Our store hours are being reduced because we aren't making enough money between 10 and midnight so now we're closing at 10. The number of customers who are bitching at me like this is my fault??? If your *always* coming in and those times then really... it's your fault for not spending enough money....