I decided to make myself a cable pullover and I was enjoying the pattern so much that I decided to make it into a dress. Also the width I was working in was a bit too wide for a sweater and a bit too narrow for a dress’s flaring skirt. So I turned that problem into a design feature by adding side godets with tapering cables, and tapering the width with decreases for waist shaping.
I still have to add an asymmetrical collar in seed stitch, and knit facings onto all the edges. But I’m in the home stretch, I think: front, back, and one sleeve finished.
It looks like it’ll use up three full pounds of Caron One Pound acrylic worsted. That stuff says “NO DYE LOT” on the label, but it’s not perfect. The yarns don’t match exactly in all lights. I’m also worried about it pilling. Although it has a nice, firm worsted feel in the hand as I’m knitting, I don’t think I’ll use this yarn again.