YEAH this is everything I use for watercolor. I think you mean the white pigment ink pen; I use it to make the white dots, otherwise everything else is just watercolor!
1. MOLESKINE WATERCOLOR ALBUM - I DON’T KNOW WHAT KIND OF PAPER TO USE FOR WATERCOLOR, IT ALWAYS BENDS SO I USE THIS.
2. WATERCOLOR PENCIL [PRISMACOLOR] - I don’t actually own these, they’re my sisters L O L I just use either light pink or grey to sketch before yeah.
3. WATERCOLOR BRUSHES - Right to left, Winsor&Newton Cotman III; Princeton Art&Brush Co. 5/0 Round; Winsor&Newton Cotman 3mm/1/8”. I use the 3mm one the most, and the 5/0 one for smaller things like eyes and whatnot.
4. AQUASH WATERBRUSH MEDIUM - I don’t really use this that often, only for like, when I want to gradient colors, like blending two colors since it has water, it’s easier hohoho.
5. UNI-BALL WHITE PIGMENT INK - This is the shiny thing, idk, for like highlights and white LOL IDK, what do you do with white, whatever you want.
6. WINSOR&NEWTON COTMAN POCKET BOX - The colors are pretty good, like I use this box for the red mostly because the red is different from the red in the Sennelier box, but I prefer the Sennelier box over this one because the colors go on more smoothly and, idk, I just like the feel of it in general.
7. AQUA-MINI SENNELIER WATERCOLORS - I LOVE THESE COLORS SO MUCH THEY’RE AMAZING like they can dry, but won’t flake like the Cotman box so I CAN REUSE THE COLORS afte rlike 3 days I love it. It’s all the colors I ever need for all my drawings, on occasion, it lacks the red the Cotman box has.
8. WINSOR&NEWTON GOLD INK - I L O V E GOLD INK IT’S AMAZING, the only downside is that you keep having to shake the bottle for the gold to come back up every 5 minutes, but otherwise, its’ quality is amazing.
P.S. I GOT A LOT OF THESE FROM KEL for my birthday I LOVE THEM SO MUCH, cuz tbh IDK where you can buy half these things argh; SHE GOT me the Moleskine, waterbrush, and Sennelier box G GG GG URGLES THSNK U FOR THE BEST GIFT.
Hellloooo!! As a young artist, I'm desperately trying to improve and find the types of supplies I prefer, etc. What are your favorite art supplies and how often do you draw?
That’s a really good attitude to have my friend (っ˘ڡ˘ς) Personally I don’t like to obsess too much over supplies because at the end of the day it’s your raw skill that matters - not the materials! In general I’ll use any standard quality paper/whatever pen or pencil I can find lying around, but 3 things I swear by are:
1) Pentel Aquash Waterbrush like omg this is proof that god is real, like you will never need to worry about washing flakey watercolour brushes in a container of dirty water again. Invest in one of these and your life will be revolutionized, it works like a dream with watercolour paint and pencils.
2) Pentel Brush Pen - I use this for inking and blocking out black areas in traditional pieces.
3) Uniball Signo UM-153 Metallic White Gel Pen- this is also proof that god is real, I tried many shitty white gel pens before finding this beautiful child and would highly recommend it to anyone! I use it for adding touch ups and the SHINY BITS IN THE EYES hehehe
So yeah whilst 99% of the time I couldn’t give a toss about my materials, these 3 things are my staples :L (my traditional art is *wavy hand gestures* at best though so don’t take my word for everything lol)
And with regards to how much I draw, it totally depends. College/work life can get quite hectic, but sometimes I have a lot of free time so I can do a bit every day. Either way I don’t draw as much as I should hahaha I’m like you, I really want to improve.
ANYWAY good luck! Go make some cool stuff to share with the world! ( ﾟヮﾟ)