Entwining Your Dominant Energies
I’ve noticed a lot of people seem to make the mistake as taking only the first dominant sign or planet, but your dominance works more as a rank than it does as one true thing.
Everyone has every sign/planet/element/modality within them. Each sign will have some amount of prevalence in your chart. For this reason, it’s key to look at it as encompassing yourself, rather than defining it as one.
For example, my dominant sign is Aquarius, but this would not be enough to understand or study me. I would also take my next 4: Virgo, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Taurus. Then, I could start to study these signs and their archetypes, and see how they can relate to me as a whole.
That’s the key to dominants: it is you as a whole. They work as a flash point, a conclusion, to your chart. Each sign or planet has a certain set of values and characteristics, which when you combine with the other most prominent dominants you have, can act as almost a small biography of who you are.
When thinking of your dominants, it’s key to not take too much or too little. If you have 5 signs all with high percentages, you can use all 5 if you wish, but if you only have 2, then you can just use 2!
To conclude, here’s a list of characteristics which can be used to describe each dominant. If you’re unsure on how many to take away from this, the default amount is usually considered 3 (3 signs, and 3 planets).
- Aries - Passionate, Impulsive, Chaotic
- Taurus - Stubborn, Routinely, Loving
- Gemini - Social, Dynamic, Laid Back
- Cancer - Family oriented, Empathetic, Emotionally tied
- Leo - Artistic, Extroverted, Dramatic
- Virgo - Analytical, Precise, Helpful
- Libra - Loving, Indecisive, Peaceful
- Scorpio - Investigative, Deep, Intense
- Sagittarius - Intellectual, Travel-oriented, Unsettled
- Capricorn - Ambitious, Hard-working, Objective
- Aquarius - Eccentric, Individual, Humanitarian
- Pisces - Intuitive, Sympathetic, Romantic
- Sun - Confident, Extroverted, Sure
- Moon - Emotional, Empathetic, Understanding
- Mercury - Linguistically wise, Communicative, Social
- Venus - Aesthetically Inclined, Loving, Musical
- Mars - Rambunctious, Head strong, Prominent
- Jupiter - Expansive, Experience-oriented, Unregulated
- Saturn - Orderly, Specific, System-inclined
- Uranus - Outspoken, Political, Blunt
- Neptune - Delusional, Dreamy, Wise
- Pluto - Ever-changing, Destructive, Revival
Example: Scorpio, Leo, Sagittarius & Mars, Sun, Pluto
“I am investigative and intellectual, I am intense and unsettled. Parts of me are artistic and dramatic. I can be travel-oriented, as well as deep. Amongst these things, I am rambunctious and ever-changing, maybe even head strong and destructive. It is likely you shall see me as confident or sure, even prominent or extroverted. But, I have another side of me which aims for revival.”