Okay so, this is not even me just being a weeb; I am genuinely fascinated by the live Vocaloid concerts.
There’s so many things that I think about while I’m watching.
She doesn’t actually have a voice; it’s computer generated .
Someone had to 3D model not only her, but all the choreography of her dancing.
THERE ARE SO MANY FUCKING PEOPLE THERE.
The real humans playing the backup instruments on stage with her are really talented in that they know exactly what they need to do.
Not only is she dancing, she’s dancing really well. Like, the moves they give her are tight as shit.
These songs are really catchy.
The fucking 3D animation is sooo smooth. Not only her movement, but her hair as well. It interacts with her body like real hair would, and I appreciate whoever animated her.
Also, whoever animated her gave her poses and movements that act as interaction with the audience like a real performer does. They way she points and winks at the audience makes it that much more believable.
I just think it’s really interesting, and I would fucking love to go to one of these concerts some day.
NOORA: What is this again? We’re here for my sake? SANA: Yes, of course we’re here for your sake. NOORA: Just to look at muslim boys and stuff. SANA: Aren’t you tired of white boys now? I thought we had to get out, meet new types of people, see that there’s plenty of fish in the sea. You know what I mean? NOORA: But you said muslim boys just use Norwegian girls. SANA: It’s good that you’re converting to Islam, then. NOORA: Don’t turn around now, okay? But are those boys looking at us? SANA: How shouldl I see if they’re looking at us if I can’t turn around? NOORA: Oh my God, they’re coming over! SANA: Stay cool. NOORA: Stay cool? I’m really fuckign cool! Hi there! SANA: Hi! NOORA: Hi. BOY1: Can we sit here? SANA AND NOORA: Yes, of course. JONAS: It’s okay? Great! SANA: Sit down! NOORA: Hi! Yes, hi. ALI: Ali. NOORA: Noora. ALI: Nice to meet you. NOORA: Noora, it’s a pleasure. SANA: Sana, it’s a pleasure. ALI: Ali, it’s a pleasure. JONAS: Jonas. It was sana? SANA: Yes.
I kind of love the time laps mode. *_* any wishes you want me to draw? ^_^ #characterdesign #conceptart #pencil #arts_help #sketch #doodle #illustration #mermaid #cool #manga #anime #video #animation #apple #iphone #arts_help #artoftheday #videooftheday #disney #comic #drawing (hier: Dresden, Germany)
OKAY KIDS GET READY FOR SOME UNNECESSARILY DETAILED EXAMINATIONS OF KAIBA’S COMPUTER BC THE ANIMATORS MADE THESE DECISIONS AND NOW WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE WITH THEM
1) Kaiba is running an Apple computer!! This episode first aired in Japan on the 5th of March 2002, so this is right after what’s called Apple’s “comeback” where Steve Jobs returned and brought unto the world those colourful aerodynamic iMacs and shortly thereafter, the first iPhone. Apple was up-and-coming, cool and techy but mainstream enough for your uncle to know what it was. The only surprising thing about Kaiba using it is that he doesn’t have his own KaibaCorp software to use instead.
2) The fact that (a) Apple exists in the world of YGO and (b) Kaiba uses it means that ALMOST CERTAINLY Kaiba is TRYING TO OUTDO STEVE JOBS as “cool young genius CEO in a black poloneck launches new technological product with ~showmanship~”. Like Seto Kaiba quite likely said, in canon, “fuck Steve Jobs, he thinks he’s cool? how about announcing a product while HANGING OUT OF A HELICOPTER, loser”.
3) Kaiba has shortcuts on his toolbar including several for Apple/Mac related things and one for MSN!! I used to chat with my friends via MSN in like, 2004-2006 OFTEN ABOUT YGO and wow is this bringing back a weird confluence of memories Do you think he chats with Mokuba via MSN???
4) It appears he is running all sorts of things in the background including something to detect imposters (presumably on the network, not on the blimp).
5) This has nothing to do with characterisation or world-building but I’ve painstakingly figured out what most of the katakana words are so I’m going to share them with you! ローカルマシン ゾーン = rōkara mashin zōn = local machine zone サポート = sapōto = support プリント = purinto = print (printer?) ホーム = hōmu = home メール = mēru = mail トップページ = tōpupēji = top page Sadly the kanji are too fuzzy to have any hope of me looking them up (although, like, some of them are underneath fairly obvious symbols to suggest their meaning…!)
ALSO seriously, “The Sun of God Dragon”, “The God of Obelisk” and “Saint Dragon - The God of Osiris”, we are ALL OVER THE SHOP on both Egyptology and the English language here.