Idea that Fenris ends up courting Anders because of his
baking skills. Originally, when Anders finds out about Fenris’ super massive
sweet tooth, he starts baking apple pies, strudel, etc because he wants
to shut Fenris up. When Hawke takes them on a mission involving mages and
Fenris starts showing and voicing his disapproval, Anders shoves a baked
treat into his mouth. The moment the food touches his mouth, Fenris - though
grumbles his discontent- happily stuffs his mouth full with the treat and
doesn’t say a word.
That’s how it starts out at least. Anders makes baked goods
to keep Fenris from complaining about helping mages. However, as times goes on,
Anders just bakes them once a week because Fenris enjoys and appreciates them
so much. In a way, Fenris’ love of sweet and Anders’ amazing baking skill
mends their relationship. So much so, Fenris proposes to Anders. A way to a
man’s heart is through his stomach after all, and no way is Fenris’ letting
that apple pie slip out of his fingertips!
20 Out Of This World Facts About The Universe That Will Sweep You Off Your Feet
We’ve compiled a list of the 20 most incredible facts about the universe you will ever come across. The infinite expanse of stars and galaxies are riddled with mysteries which leading scientists and experts are yet to explore. In their quest to unearth the hidden secret of the universe, startling facts and information have emerged - 20 of which we’ve featured below.
1. When you look into the night sky, you are looking back in time.
When we gaze at stars in the night sky, we are actually looking into the past. This happens because light emitted from a star has to travels many light years ahead to actually become visible to our eyes. For example, Orion is 640 light-years away, so the light left the star around 1370 is what we are seeing now.
2. The Hubble telescope allows us to look back billions of years into the past
NASA releases some incredible images of space, from time to time, and it’s made possible with The Hubble Telescope. Here’s an image which is a collection of 10,000 images captured by The Hubble.
3. You can watch the Big Bang on your television
Cosmic background radiation is an after effect of the Big Bang, the event that allegedly gave birth to the universe. This can actually be seen on television where the old fuzzy noise we saw contains 1% of the same radiation.
4. There’s a giant cloud of alcohol in Sagittarius B
Sagittarius B, is a huge cloud of vinyl alcohol whizzing in space near the Milky Way. It’s important as it leaves crucial information for scientists about how early life forms originated in space.
5. There’s a planet-sized diamond in Centaurus named after a Beatles song
A planet , made completely of diamond, which has been called Lucy by scientists after the Beatles song, “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds,” can be found 50 light years away in Centaurus and weighs in a mind boggling 10 billion-trillion-trillion carats.
6. It takes 225 million years for our Sun to travel around the galaxy
While our planets in the solar system circumnavigate the Sun, the star itself it on a orbit around the Milky Way. And if we’re counting in humans years, it takes 225 million years to complete the journey.
7. Our solar system’s biggest mountain is on Mars
The tallest mountain in our solar system is Olympus Mons, located on Mars. It’s calculated to be three times taller than Everest, spanning 600 kilometers across and 26 kilometers in height.
8. Uranus spins on its side, with some rather strange results
Uranus is not just unique because of its strange spinning, but the consequences of that effect results in 42 consecutive years of summer sunlight followed by another 42 consecutive winter darkness.
9. A year on Venus is shorter than its day
Venus is the slowest rotating planet in our solar system - it takes longer to finish a rotation on its axis than orbit the entire Sun!
10. Neutron stars are the fastest spinning objects known in the universe
The fastest spinning known pulsar, a neutron star which emits a radiation beam as light, cycles on a whopping 70,000 km per hour speed.
11. A spoonful of a neutron star weighs about a billion ton
Neutron stars are unimaginably dense, in fact one spoonful of one such star would weigh around a billion tons!
12. The Voyager 1 spacecraft is the most distant human-made object from Earth
In 1977, the Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 were released into space as an ambitious project and are still cruising the outskirts of our galaxy and maybe beyond to help us explore space even further.
13. Voyager 1 captured the most distant photograph of Earth
The same spacecraft, Voyager 1, took the most distant photograph of Earth: Voyager 1 took a shot of the Earth from the far reaches of space in 1990, and the small speck at the end of the image that is the world we’re living on right now became known as the Pale Blue Dot. Astronomer Carl Sagan noted,“From this distant vantage point, the Earth might not seem of any particular interest. But for us, it’s different. Consider again that dot. That’s here. That’s home. That’s us.”
14. Scientists are looking for evidence of extraterrestrial life on Earth
One of the most exciting mysteries of the universe is a quest to find aliens, or as termed by scientists a project called The Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence (SETI), where they are pulling n all data about extraterrestrial life on other planets through evidence they have at their hands.
15. It is estimated there are 400 billion stars in our galaxy
Our own Sun is one of 400 billion others, some astoundingly larger, some smaller, in the Milky Way alone.
16. There could be 500 million planets capable of supporting life in our galaxy
“Goldilocks Planets” are habitable planets which fall into a specific zone around the star to make life sustainable on it. Many factors come into play to get this perfect distance such as temperature, atmospheric content, water, chemical compounds on the surface etc.
17. There are probably more than 170 billion galaxies in the observable universe
Based on extensive calculations, using data from the Hubble Telescope and as far as it can see into space, there’s a probable 170 billion galaxies besides our own Milky Way.
18. There could be an infinite number of universes
Speculative theories in advanced branches of science such as mathematics, quantum mechanics and astrophysics have summed up that we could be living in a “multiverse”- a convergence of an infinite number of universes.
19. The human brain is the most complex object in the known universe
Our brain is a blueprint for the most complex network in the universe, with over a hundred billion neurons and quadrillion connections- this system isn’t even the tip of the iceberg which we know about what our brains have the potential to achieve.
20. We are all made of stardust
Carl Sagan beautifully summarises this fact, “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” In fact, every element on Earth transpired from a burning heart of a star.
“That happened because Ryan, Emma and I visited
Patricia Kelly, Gene Kelly’s widow during prep. She was really kind to let us into her home […] I’m a normal person so I bring a bottle of wine, Emma’s a normal person so she brings like some flowers, Mandy Moore, our choreographer also a normal person, she brought another bottle of wine and then Ryan Gosling shows up with a 25 pound apple pie. We thought we were all just kinda so nice and polite bringing such great little gifts for the dinner party and then he showed us all up. But there’s a place in LA that specializes in making these 25 pound apple pies. So, once we discovered that… Ryan discovered it then we decided that had to be in the movie somewhere.” - Damien Chazelle
Anyone who knew Jack Zimmermann would laugh at the idea of him even being able to remember the login for his Twitter account.
No one, not even his parents, would ever suspect that he checked his feed every single morning.
Jack didn’t care much for social media; he was too private a person to ever want the world to know where he was or what he was eating at any given moment. In fact, he only followed three accounts: his mother’s, the official Falconers’, and that of Li’l Dicky’s Southern Comforts. The latter was the only one he actually cared about.
See, Jack Zimmermann had a deep, dark secret – he was in love with the mini apple pies that were sold daily at Li’l Dicky’s. It was the only dessert he ever indulged in on a regular basis, and said indulgences were a secret he would take to his grave.
Every morning, Li’l Dicky’s posted their location for the day. Jack knew the general schedule by heart at this point, but some days the truck switched things up, due to weather or construction or event catering, and Twitter was the only way for Jack to know if he would be able to get his apple pie fix.
It didn’t hurt that Eric Bittle, the owner of Li’l Dicky’s, smiled at Jack like the sun shined out of his ass every time he came by. But really, it was the pies Jack couldn’t enough of. Mostly. Probably.
Yields: ~24 (3 inch) mini pies (depending on the size of your circles)
*you can definitely make your own pie crust for this, and it would be phenomenal, but I made these for a quick event, and you can’t really tell the difference!
2 boxes (4 rolls) of store-bought pie crust
4 green apples, diced into small pieces
Juice from ½ lemon
1/2cup tsp granulated sugar
3 tbsp flour
2 tsp cinnamon
Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a few baking sheets with parchment paper
After dicing your apples into small pieces, toss them in lemon juice to keep them from turning brown. Combine the apples with the sugar, flour and cinnamon, and set aside.
On a well-floured surface, roll out one roll of pie crust, and using a circular object (I used a wine glass that was about 3 inches in diameter) cut as many circles as you can from the dough. Once you have cut enough circles, regroup the dough and roll it out using a rolling pin. Cut more circles until you are out of dough. Continue doing this with the remaining rolls of pie crust.
Be sure to cut out an EVEN amount of circles because you will need a top and bottom crust for your pies.
Once you have cut out all of your circles, begin filling the crust with a small amount of filling, making sure to leave a border around the edge of the bottom piece of crust.
Beat together an egg with about 1 tbsp of water to create and egg wash, and using a pastry brush or your finger, brush the egg wash around the edges of the bottom crust.
After you have brushed on the egg wash, place the top piece of crust on top of the filling, and using a fork (dipped in flour), crimp the two pieces of crust together to seal the pies.
Once you have crimped all of the pies, brush the tops with egg wash, and make a slit or two on the top so that the steam can escape from the pies. Sprinkle sugar crystals on top of the egg wash
** Be sure that you are careful with sprinkling the sugar so that not much ends up on the parchment paper because the sugar will burn on the paper when inside of the oven
Place the pies into the fridge for about 25 minutes to chill before baking
Once the pies have chilled, bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the tops and bottoms are golden brown and flaky.
*Optional, you can cut the caramel candies in half and place them on top of the apple mixture before placing the top crust on the pie – they delicious either way
Let cool 5 minutes before serving or else you’ll severely burn your mouth and fingers.
1. The first conversation that Tony and Steve ever have, they admit they like each other. Steve is just recruited and he wants to run for class president. Tony suggests he just take it but Steve says, “I like you Tony, but don’t ever disrespect the election process.” And Tony smiles and replies, “I like you too Cap, but by now you should know that I pretty much disrespect everything.” Then Tony campaigns for Cap anyway ;)
2. During the Civil War event, Tony made a Capsuit to put on a show for Steve. It was a cute ordeal more than anything, and Tony asks for a hug from Steve. Steve says no, and Tony apparently has a simulator where he’s hugging Steve in it. After, there’s a picture during the news announcement of Steve and Tony side hugging, smiling, and Tony is giving Steve bunny ears. (X)
3. Once Tony told Steve that he was his “favorite field commander.” (X)
4. Steve is talking to Natasha about Tony and Natasha tells him, “You two should just get married.” (X)
5. When Ronan came to the Academy for the first GoTG event, Steve said, “I got your back, Tony.”
6. Once Tony told Steve, “What if I told you the internet thought we were the perfect couple?”
7. Tony offers to upgrades Steve’s shield to make it lighter, stronger, and capable of firing energy blasts and Steve replies with, “Thanks, but I think you’re fancy enough for the both of us.” While smiling happily and Tony is shocked.
8. During the Halloween event, Tony had to do a last minute cardboard Iron Man costume because Baron Zemo bought the last Captain America costume. He was going to be Cap! And he’s mentioned dressing up as Cap as a kid more than once. (X)
9. Tony said once, “I mock because I love. Ask Cap, I’ve been mocking him for months.” So….he’s loved him for months.
10. Tony asked Steve for girl advice, and said he was absurdly handsome. So they go working out together at the gym…clearly showing off for each other, and not a girl. Tony thinks he did a good workout, which Steve took as a joke. So he went to the gym with Tony again…I wonder why… (X)
11.They bicker like a married couple.
12. Tony always goes to Cap at the beginning of an event to plan out how to protect the Academy (because they’re leaders and work best together).
13. When recruiting Mockingbird Tony tells her she can trust Steve. Once she tells Steve that, he looks shocked and SO happy about it. (X)
14. Tony makes a blacksmith Iron Man outfit that is pretty revealing, which leaves Steve speechless. Once Tony says he’s a blacksmith, Steve tells him that was his second guess. Steve, what was your first guess you naughty guy? (X)
15. When you get Pepper she asks Steve, “will you keep an eye on Tony?” To which Steve smiles and replies, “I always do.” (X)
16. Tony Stark is such a Cap fanboy. He’s dressed up as Cap, he had Cap action figures, and he even had Jarvis make him Capcakes for breakfast as a kid. (X) (X)
17. When Ultron attacked, who has the mind of Tony, the first thing he did was make a Captain America robot and he calls the Capbot his greatest creation. (X)
18. When Tony finds out about RoboCap he’s shocked and disappointed he didn’t think to make a RoboCap first. (X)
19. When Ultron attacks Tony thinks Steve is going to blame him, but Steve doesn’t. He just encourages Tony and says they’ll defeat him together. (X)
20. During the Ultron event Tony mocks Steve by trying to do an impression of him and he says, “I told you not to build those robots, Tony. We should have been teaching bald eagles how to do the Charleston while balancing apple pies on our bulging biceps.” So Tony was checking Steve and his biceps out. Steve takes it as a joke and says just reassures Tony that they can fix the problem. (X)
21. Tony makes Cap an energy shield but when Steve uses it, it turns into a giant energy ball where Steve runs around in it. Steve knows Tony so well that he tells Tony to get his joke over with. Tony calls him Hamster America, and Steve would be more mad but he said it was a good workout. (X) (X) (X)
22. When Tony encounters RoboCap he says “sometimes I want to punch you in your perfect robot teeth.” He says he’s thought about saying that to Steve sometimes, but RoboCap says it’s too far. Tony then agrees and talks about how Cap is his friend and how polite he is. (X)
23. Tony’s wanted to make upgrades to Steve’s shield for better protection, but eventually he makes him an energy shield instead when Steve is in his Commander America uniform. (X)
24. During the Ultron event while Tony is working on Steve’s energy shield Steve tells Tony that he’s been having a recurring dream about a red dinosaur. Tony smiles and says he wishes Steve was that weird more often. (X)
25. Tony asks Steve, “How do you like my mancave?” (X)
26. Steve tells Tony that he’s more than just his tech. (X)
27. Tony loves Steve’s biceps. He’s commented on them more than once. Telling Steve about his “bulging biceps” and when Gladiator Cap showed up, Tony said he’s seen Steve checking out his own biceps. Steve says he hasn’t and asked Tony if HE’S been checking out his biceps…Tony then says he’s a scientist (which means yes, he’s been checking Steve out). (X)
28. Tony is talking to Peter Quill and Peter doesn’t understand some of the scientific terms Tony’s using. Steve steps in and DEFINES the word, Tony is shocked, and Steve is so proud and says “futurism!” (X)
29. Tony confides in Steve at the beginning of an event and Steve wants to hear it. Tony refuses to tell him cause he doesn’t want Steve to change his plans and says he can’t make all of Steve’s life choices for him. (Tony definitely wants to be a part of Steve’s life decisions). (X)
30. During the GoTG2 event Steve’s costume is “Ravager Captain America” and he has a great outfit made of leather with leather straps and he has a mohawk. This leaves Tony speechless, and Tony has never been speechless before. (I’m pretty sure Tony loved the leather, and rock ‘n roll look). (X)
to make sure we don't rush into anything we will have to keep this relationship quiet. keep it on the down low
Oh my god have you guys seen Jack? he is so good!!! why i'm going away for the weekend? ....hum a cousin? yeah i have a cousin whatever, LOOK AT THIS FUNNY VIDEO OF JA--tater!! i am so proud of my boy(s) y'all have grown so much jack is doing so well!!! i am so proud of him!!... yes Holster i am proud of you too - that's what i said i am proud of my boys! i'm gonna bake 30 maple sugar apple pies!!!! yes i did have a nice time this weekend. i just have a thing for dark haired men in suits and blue eyes and tall and cheek bones and i think my future boyfriend have to like sports but preferable hockey... I am an ass kind of man, i think. oh hey jack!!!
nico and will taking a two-week trip the summer before college, because “seriously, will, this is your last chance to have fun before you die in pre med”
they buy a truck that looks like it’s gonna break down before they leave long island, but with a little help from leo (under careful supervision) it should be good for a few weeks
will keeps panicking a week in advance, what if the car breaks down, what if they get in an accident, what if monsters attack
nico’s getting sick of it
“for gods’ sake, solace, it’s almost like you never had any spontaneous fun in your life and i know you have i mean seriously last night was awesome”
will tries to pack too much despite of nico’s insistence that “only the things you can fit in one duffel bag, will, everything else is unnecessary”
“but i can’t fit the first aid kit in here nico”
“fine we’ll take that but you can leave the bluetooth speaker leo already fixed the radio”
and then they’re off, and thirty minutes on the road nico is laughing because he feels so free
driving on an open road, windows down and the radio blasting cheesy road trip songs, and nico is wearing one of will’s flannels bc that guy just has so many
and will’s grinning like crazy, bc this is awesome and they have no destination, just the road and enough gas money for a few weeks and a worn out tent as a last minute option for a road side motel
by the end of the first week they have pretty much decided they’re not going to college at all
“i could live like this, will. i could grow old on the road, sleeping under the open sky”
“that’s not the sky, nico, that’s the ceiling. and you’re going to college with me because there’s no way i’m moving to the dorms, and i need someone to share the rent with”
“is this you asking me to move in with you? ever the romantic, solace”
and truth is, nico is actually a terrible driver, so will does most of the driving unless there are no other drivers in sight
nico doesn’t mind that much, bc then he can focus on making the corniest playlists for them and reading a map that’s terribly outdated and still lack the newest highways
they end up in a tiny town somewhere in arizona and they have no idea how bc the last time they checked they were camping in a national forest in colorado???
but the people are nice and make some really good apple pies, and they end up spending a few days bc will wants to learn the recipe
when they leave the town they have so much apples with them that nico has half a mind to throw them at will’s stupid grinning face
(he kisses him instead)
the first monster attacks them when they are already in tennessee on their way back
it’s stupid, really; they should have known better that to take in a hitchhiker in the middle of no where
of course it ends up being a freaking cyclops
but all’s well that ends well, and only a little bandages and a sip of unicorn draught is needed
“and a kiss, nico, i need a kiss to make me feel better”
“you’re not even the one with a bleeding clash in their arm, will”
they spend their last night on the road parked on a hill in maryland, lying in the back of the truck under a dozen blankets and watching the stars
and it’s so freaking romantic that even nico can’t deny it, and if they end up cuddling and making out he definitely blames the scenery
and sweet home alabama is playing faintly on the radio and they both smell like sweat bc they haven’t had a shower in two days and there are soda stains on will’s shirt but nico thinks it’s absolutely perfect
“Levi! It’s them
– survey corps!” Farlan announced the moment he spotted the wings of freedom
crest on the soldiers’ uniforms.
“You know what that means.” Levi
answered, focused in front of him.
“It’s the job.” It was Isabel this
Levi didn’t bother to say anything
else, they did plan this over and over, anyway. Still, hesitation is creeping
up on him. Doing this job meant going to the surface. And going up there meant
leaving the underground behind – which is good, except for the fact he’ll be
leaving you as well.
“Tsk, that idiot.” Levi muttered
before the three of them separated and began their plan.
Summary: Welcome to the world’s most generic museum. In the café, you’ll find Dean, putting dinosaur cut-outs on his award-winning apple pies. In the gift shop, you’ll find his snarky yet devastatingly handsome friend Castiel, folding t-shirts for a living. But Castiel has a second job as a night watchman, patrolling the marble halls and protecting the museum exhibits after dark. One night, Dean asks to tag along. He could never resist a crisp blue uniform, and he’ll take any opportunity to have his friend show it off. It might take all night, one dance, and a playful sex act (or five) in a few unusual places around the museum before either of them realise… maybe Dean’s interest was never about the uniform. And maybe their friendship was already something else.
featuring Dean’s uniform kink, agender + demisexual + autism-spectrum Cas, the hOLY SHIT W H A T kind of rimming, and a ton of really frickin cute fluff
a quote from my beta: "Um. So. That was one of the hottest scenes I have ever read in literally almost 16 years of fic. So. Congrats.“