Simple Dessert For Imbolc~
• 6 to 10 small sized red apples, peel is left on, cored, and roughly diced. The peel makes the applesauce pink!
• White granulated sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. *Add each to your personal taste, how sweet you like your applesauce is up to you!*
• Handful of raisins. Soak overnight in either apple juice or white wine if you have any on hand. Water will do in a pinch just fine too!
• Place diced apples in a medium sized saucepan with burner turned to low heat. Add sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and allow to simmer until apples are quite mushy and colour from apple peel has turned mixture pink.
• Remove from heat and mash by hand, not in a food processor. Take a food strainer, place over a large enough bowl so the sauce wont spill out the sides but into the bowl. Mash the mixture using a silicon spatula, until all the applesauce is strained into the bowl and only the peels are left behind. Discard the peel.
• Chill applesauce in a covered container and add the soaked raisins the next day.
☆ Incorporates pink, a colour at Imbolc, as well as raisins, and cinnamon, also used at this Sabbatt. Apples are a fertility symbol, in keeping with Imbolc. Dairy products ares also used at this time, so you could complete this dessert by topping it with whipped cream.☆