“Feel Better” Charmed Soup ✨🍲✨
My husband has been suffering from a bad cold the past couple days, so I decided to whip up a little kitchen magic to help him out. After just one bowl, he was already commenting on how much better he felt!
(All my measurements are approximate; it’s really just whatever tastes good to you.)
- 2 cups bone broth (homemade is best, but store-bought is fine too)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 medium onion
- 9 cloves of garlic (protection, vitality) ((I chose 9 because it’s a good number, but use however much you want))
- Black pepper (protection)
- Sea salt (protection, purifying)
- 4-5 fresh sage leaves (healing, purifying)
- 2 bay leaves (protection)
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger (protection, healing, vitality)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (healing)
- 1-2 tsp chili flakes (protection, healing, vitality)
- A healthy squeeze of lemon juice (healing, vitality, happiness)
- A splash of apple cider vinegar (because that shit is magic all on its own. But don’t overdo it; a little goes a long way!)
In a medium stockpot, drizzle a tablespoon or so of olive oil, heat on medium. Chop up the onion and dump it in, add sage leaves, salt, and pepper, and cook until slightly browned, stirring frequently.
Add bone broth and chicken stock, then stir clockwise while focusing some healing energy into the pot. Mince up your garlic and add it to the broth.
Once the broth is simmering, add your rice, then the rest of your spices, lemon juice, and cider vinegar. I also poked healing sigils into the bay leaves with a sewing needle, like so.
Cover and continue to simmer until rice is thoroughly cooked. Before serving, do another clockwise stir and a final dose of healing energy, and there you go!