I founded a comedy collab channel featuring Asian creators called Lunch Club, and we’re running a campaign for the month of May to celebrate and better understand the stores of Asians and Pacific Islanders. We would really appreciate any voices who would like to contribute to this project! The official video announcement can be found here!
HOW TO SUBMIT:
1. Make a video in response to the question: “What do you wish people understood about being Asian or Pacific Islander?”
2. Title your video whatever you want, but make sure to include “#APIMonth” at the end.
3. Upload your video to YouTube.
4. Email your video link to firstname.lastname@example.org
- YOU DO NOT NEED PRIOR VLOGGING EXPERIENCE!!! We don’t care if you record with your phone! We just want to hear what you have to say.
- You can be from any country and speak any language.
- You can talk about anything (beauty, language, gender, mental health, family, etc.) as long as it answers the question, “What do you wish people understood about being API?”
- Include “#APIMonth” in title.
- MAXIMUM 1 MIN. LONG. There is no minimum.
All submissions are due May 27th, 2016 at 11:59pm.
Lunch Club will edit, compile, and publish your submissions into a five-part video series on the Lunch Club channel (http://www.youtube.com/LunchClubCollab) through 5/30-6/3.
If you yourself are not interested in participating but know someone who would be, please reblog this post!
***Lunch Club was founded as an Asian collab channel - by no means are we trying to suggest that Pacific Islanders are Asian or should be grouped alongside Asians. Because May is formally Asian Pacific Islander Heritage Month, we thought this would be a really great opportunity to amplify the voices of Pacific Islanders in conjunction with that of the Asian community. We really want to understand and share the perspectives of Pacific Islanders.