My awesome girlfriend got me this amazing piece of art for my birthday! :D “Dark Horse” By John Dyer Baizley - singer in the legendary band @yourbaroness SO HAPPY I COULD PUKE!!! #baroness #illustration #johnbaizley #aperfectmonster #blackandwhite
Today’s a good day. Finally finished this frame for this @aperfectmonster masterpiece. Its made from ambrosia maple. Also this is the first frame I’ve done the whole process from cutting the mat and glass to final assembly. #framing #custom #aperfectmonster
Rule 2: Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked, and write 11 new ones
Rule 3: Tag 11 people and link them to the post
Rule 4: Actually tell them you tagged them
Questions from coffeandbooks:
1. What’s your favorite place in the world?
My home, surrounded by my precious cats.
2. First book/tv show/movie/cartoon/anime/whatevs you fell in love with:
This one’s hard. I’m inclined to say it was Harry Potter, though.
3. Tell me something i don’t know about you:
I’ve never actually tried, but I’m into the idea of role reversal.
4. What character would you bring back from the dead? Eddie Dean. I was so sad to see him go like that…
5. What’s your OTP and why do you love them?
*LET THE RIGHT ONE IN SPOILER ALERT* Eli and Oskar, from Let the Right one In.They have this feeling of pure and innocent love toward one another (what I’m gonna say is a huge spoiler, so, follow the break if you will) …which is unscathed by the fact that Eli is a vampire boy (albeit a castrated one). I realize it’s kinda cheesy, but idc.
6. Tell me something you regret. Big regret, smallish one, you choose. It’s very hard to pinpoint a single one. My life is full of them. I think the thing I regret the most, though, is the fact that I’m not the person I wish I were. If my young self were to see what would become of him, he would surely not be proud,
7. If you were to be trapped in a loop, reliving the same day over and over, what day of your life would you choose? July 11th, 2012, because it was a very special day to me. I shan’t go into specifics, though.
8. Name something you like about yourself (love yourself, dude): Aside from my badass tattoo, what I like most about myself is that I’m intelligent. I mean, there are a lot of people smarter than me, but I’m comfortable knowing I’m not one of the dumbest.
9. Is there a person that’s part of your life who you feel had a major role in the shaping of your personality? If so, who, and what do you feel would be different about you if you had never met them? My sister. She taught me English and to listen to music, and helped me through a lot, so I feel my life would’ve taken a radically different path (for the worse) without her.
Coliseum join the Deathwish Family, “Coliseum” Deluxe Reissue 2XLP/CD out August 19th.
Founded by Louisville musician Ryan Patterson and including Kayhan Vaziri and Carter Wilson, power trio Coliseum have grown to become one of today’s quintessential contemporary punk bands. Successfully melding progressive musicianship, hardcore fervor, and vital social awareness into one constantly evolving artistic vision.
Over the last decade Coliseum have released music on a host of labels including; Temporary Residence, Relapse, Level Plane, Auxiliary (Ryan’s own label), and even Deathwish (“True Quiet / Last Wave” 2009).
And now, 2014 brings Coliseum and Deathwish together again as their permanent label home. “We have a long and storied history with Deathwish and their family of bands,” says Patterson. “Not only did we work with the label on the ‘True Quiet’ 7”, we’ve toured around the world with Deathwish bands, released a split with Doomriders early on, and I’ve been fortunate enough to design a number of Deathwish releases. While Coliseum officially joining the label’s roster is a new chapter for us, it feels like a homecoming.”
To celebrate Coliseum’s 10th anniversary, we are proud to present the “Coliseum” Deluxe Reissue: A twenty song collection featuring their classic self titled debut album (out of print since 2006) paired with eight essential bonus tracks from their primordial years. Originally recorded by Jason Loewenstein of Sebadoh and now fully remixed by Joel Grind of Toxic Holocaust, the release also features new deluxe packaging, insightful liner notes, and cover artwork by John Baizley of Baroness.
3 - A game that holds a special place in your heart?
Donkey Kong Country 2. Nostalgia.
14 - Most memorable gaming moment?
The cold blood murderous execution of shot at The Boss, in Metal Gear Solid 3.
10 - Hardest video game you’ve played?
The Souls series is pretty hard, but I don’t want to be cliche here. But fuck it: Demon’s Souls. Not my favorite in the series, but this spiritual antecessor was a prototype, and as a prototype, it was clunky, had some weird mechanics and was hard enough to remember everyone that games could still be hard, but not unfair.