Tuesday Twitter Roundup: 25 August - 31 August
- LifeHacker: Guide to Confusing Phone Plans by Network
- LifeHacker: 10 Things You Can Do with a Slow Cooker That Don’t Involve Food
- TwoCents: Calculate Your Expected Salary & Debt with Your Degree
- RoboCalls are no joke. New article from NPR explains how silence at the beginning of a phone call can be a warning sign.
- CareerBuilder: Phrases to Use and Avoid in Cover Letters and Resumes. (Stop calling yourself a hard-worker. Everyone says that.)
- CareerBuilder: 5 Steps to a Strong Elevator Pitch
- Glassdoor: What does “we’ll keep your resume on file” really mean?
- My 50-something coworker wants me to tell y'all that making friends is hard at any age. It’s not just you, everyone feels this way.
- ICYMI: My new podcast is now live at thatadultfeel and on blubrry, tunein, & playerfm, plus you can take the feed anywhere.
Finally, for anyone in the west Chicago suburbs, I’m teaching another resume class on Saturday, 9/26. You can register here, if you’re interested (totally free!).
For all this and more, you can follow me on twitter at HTGTFU