Scientists have managed to trap and measure antimatter for the first time. Physicists at CERN successfully managed to create and maintain antihydrogen for 15 minutes by combining positrons and antiprotons in a vacuum tube using extremely strong magnetic fields to prevent the antimatter from colliding with the regular matter of the container and annihilating. Positrons occupy different energy levels just like electrons in regular atoms. A laser was used to excite the antihydrogen causing the positrons to move to a higher energy level. Just like in regular atoms, when the positrons are shifting back to their original energy levels electromagnetic radiation in the form of light is given off. The results of the experiment show that antihydrogen absorbs and then reflects the same wavelengths of light as regular Hydrogen as predicted by the standard model. They are hoping to run more precise experiments but so far it looks like we won’t have to change our understanding of physics yet.
Top left image is antihydrogen atoms coming into consideration contact with the sides of the container, annihilating and giving of energy in the form of light.
Yeah, so, I finished it. I had a lot more time today to fiddle around with it and a lot less left that I had to do than I thought.
From left to right it’s Mad!Cry, Antisepticeye, Darkiplier, Antimatter, and Natemare. I had a lot of fun drawing the dudes and will, actually, make a blog for them. Not sure when, but within the next week or two.
Headcannons for: StarStruck!
- Cygnus loves cute stuff, but pretends he doesn’t
- Corona sings really well but he hates singing
- Miracle makes people happy just by looking at them with a smile
- AntiMatter can’t dance
- Corona tried to cheer up Stella but he failed so Nuvola had to cheer up Stella instead
- Nuvola is the best mom™
- Talking about Nuvola, she’s probably the one who picks up the pieces and keeps the team together.
- Everybody is panicing. A lot.
- STARDUST IS HELLA GAY FOR JUNO AND STELLA-
- Antimatter doesn’t like the plushie Stardust carries around.
- Ploosh (the plushie) isn’t a nice plush
- Stardust is sin™
- Cygnus has arachniphobia and faints at the sight of a spider
- Stella hates cockroaches
- Cygnus is a pure boy and shall be protected by me.
Don’t mind me, making headcannons @mana-chan
(i should sleep buuttt naaaahh)