the absence of a gay character in a work of fiction is not homophobic. the absence of a non-white character is not racist. the absence of a transgender character is not transphobic. the absence of a disabled character is not ableist. the absence of a female character is not sexist.
the absence of a character belonging to a minority group in a text does not make said text inherently opposed to a minority group.
a text is homophobic if it promotes violence towards homosexual people. a text is racist if it promotes violence towards people of the same race. a text is transphobic if it promotes violence towards transgender people. a text is ableist if it promotes violence towards disabled people. a text is sexist if it promotes violence towards people of the same gender.
Hey if a man ever gets really excited and starts explaining something to you that you might already know he’s just excited about it and you should let him be without accusing him of being a misogynistic mansplainer.
• Pansexuality is just a fancier name for Bisexuality. Even if you believe that there are more than two genders, there are only two sexes. Bisexuality is the attraction to both the sexes.
• You need dysphoria to be transgender. Being trans is not a choice. It’s a very difficult thing to deal with and by saying it’s a choice you are demeaning the struggles that actual trans people face.
• The Fat Acceptance / Health at Every Size movement is bullshit. It’s absolutely okay to be fat. It’s absolutely not okay to spread misinformation that being fat is healthy or that losing weight is impossible.
• The feminist movement is more of a leftist movement than a movement for women right now.
• Reverse racism isn’t a thing because it’s just called racism. If you dislike or are prejudiced against a person simply due to their skin tone, that’s being racist.
• MOGAI identities and neopronouns are not only silly, they are genuinely harmful to the LGBT community.
• Your race, gender and sexuality are only a minor part of you. They do not make you special. They are not your personality.
• Men face struggles too. Men are more likely to be victims of violent assault and almost never win child custody battles. There are hardly any male only centres for victims of sexual assault. Men do get sexually assaulted a significant amount more than people consider as the definition rape only includes penetration, skewing the statistics. Forced oral sex and the like is not counted, which is why male rape statistics seem so low at first glance.
• Women are not inherently goddesses. Men are not inherently evil.
• There is nothing wrong with being cis, white and male. Not being these things also doesn’t make you a better person.
• Words only have the power you assign to them. It’s silly to be afraid of them, irrespective of their usage in the past. All words have a history. By being afraid of them, you only give them more power and continue to dwell in the past.
• It’s absolutely okay to eat the food of and wear the clothes of other cultures as a means to immerse yourself and learn more. Segregation does no good, it never has.
• Your mental illness doesn’t cure you of your sins. It’s not a get out of jail free card if you were present, aware and in control of what you were doing.
• Your political leaning does not automatically make you a good/bad person. Your actions do.