Louisiana transgender woman Jaquarrius Holland is the seventh reported trans killing of 2017
Jaquarrius Holland was misgendered in initial reports.
- Jaquarrius Holland, an 18-year-old transgender woman living in Monroe, Louisiana, was murdered on Feb. 19 and, due to initial misgendering, was not reported as transgender.
- KARD and KTVE reported that Holland was shot during a verbal altercation on Feb. 19, but the news report continues to misgender her.
- Friends of Holland’s have since corrected the reports on social media and identified Holland as a transgender woman.
- Chesna Littleberry, a friend of Holland’s, set up a GoFundMe campaign to be used toward Holland’s funeral.
- The GoFundMe uses both male and female pronouns, as Holland’s family continued to use male pronouns to describe Holland. Littleberry has raised $355 out of a $5,000 goal. Read more (2/28/17 12:29 PM)