1. I feel like the people involved were so shocked to get an s2 that they’d never, like … planned what to do? So the two seasons don’t fit that well together for me, for reasons like Richard’s characterization (goes from “inept and weirdly adorable but definitely a villain” to “inept and weirdly adorable True King” pretty much instantly) and juggling characters and also the weird thing where in s1 Galavant’s Flashback Dad was Anthony Stewart Head to popping him in s2 played by someone completely different, which is a pretty significant continuity error if you ask me. And overall honestly s2 felt more like Richard’s story to me than Galavant’s in many ways? And the show is named after him, so I was not always happy with that even when I was very much enjoying Richard.
2. Stop being mean to Sid and let him sing. :(((((((((((( Also, if anyone was gonna accidentally kill Galavant it would be Richard, sorry but it’s true. Other than the glorious Les Mis song and him riding to the rescue at the end of the season s2 wasted him, more’s the shame.
3. Didn’t love the stupid miscommunication plot with Isabella and Galavant. Like, there were ways to keep her in Hortensia without that nonsense. I am so tired of miscommunication plots.
4. Should have kept the “we watch him do his hair together” line in “Togetherness” in s1 because I would love to see that moment on screen and not just hear it on the soundtrack. Also, speaking of the s1 soundtrack, why isn’t the montage song on it? I demand answers.
5. Look, I loved s2 and all the guest stars, but I also feel like sometimes the guest stars distracted from having a coherent plot. A few less guest songs and a few more main cast songs might have been nice?