Why is it after the Orlando shooting, another terrible, evil showcase of the worst of humanity - it’s all you hear about for weeks after, but nobody is batting an eyelid at this, when roughly the same number of people died? Nobody cared about the Westminster attack, either, but civilians died there too. Civilians are dying in hospital right now, children, teenagers, adults, people with stories to tell and lives to live. Why do people here only care about attacks when it targets a group they belong to? Doesn’t everybody who has died in these attacks deserve respect?
Have some respect for those who were affected by the Manchester attack too. Just because you can’t relate to them, just because you can’t use their horror to make a point about social justice, doesn’t mean you should sweep it under the rug. When will you see people as people?
He had his own blaster out and fired a cluster of tight shots above her head. Jyn could only guess one of the rebels had been aiming the explosive her way. Cassian had shot one of Saw’s rebels to save her life.
“Tell that to the one who killed our men.” Jyn looked to Cassian. In her mind’s eye, she saw him fire his blaster in the plaza, felt the grenade explode over her head. She remembered the cold, guiltless sensation that had passed over her then; shame found her now, gripped her heart, and she tore through it with anger.
It [the audition process] lasted around five months with tons of waiting. After the initial meeting he [Gareth] asked me to put myself on tape, which I did in Mexico — I had to hire a crew and ask an actress friend of mine to help me, but I couldn’t tell them what it was about because we had to keep it all under wraps. A month passed and I heard nothing — I thought, “Oh, it’s over, this is gone.” Then one night I was asleep in Budapest, shooting another project, and my phone rang at 2am. I looked at the number and it was from the UK. Half my family is from Britain so I thought, “Fuck it. This must be a drunk cousin wanting me” and didn’t answer. Two seconds later I realised, “Fuck! No! It’s Gareth! Shit!” So I called him back and he said, “Welcome to the world of Star Wars.”
“i picked up your bag at the airport but i can’t find your number so i’m about to embark on the largest scavenger hunt of all time by using your strange belongings to track you down” au
“Honey, I’m home!” Stiles calls out as he wrestles his roll bag over their entry mat.
“That’s still not funny,” Scott says, without looking up from his textbook.
“Once again, we disagree.”
Scott snorts. “How was the trip?”
“Fine,” he says, plopping down right in the middle of the living room to start unpacking. “Typical conference. Some sessions were actually interesting, most were boring as shit.”
Scott hums, already absorbed again in his reading. Stiles reaches for the zipper on his suitcase but then freezes—this is definitely the same brand as his suitcase, but he doesn’t remember this extra zippered pocket on the top.
Stiles grimaces. “I’m pretty sure this isn’t my suitcase. Goddamn it.”
Scott finally looks up, frowning. “Shit, really? How’d you manage that?”
“It was a redeye,” Stiles says, running a hand through his hair. “I was exhausted, in fucking LaGuardia, and I was just trying to get out of there as fast as humanly possible.”
“Is there a name on it? Are you sure it’s not yours?”
“Pretty sure,” Stiles says, feeling around the sides for the pocket. He sighs when he pulls out the little card and sees that it’s blank. “Motherfucker. This is definitely not my suitcase because I’m actually smart enough to put my name on it.”
“Sorry, man,” Scott says sympathetically as Stiles falls back on the rug with an anguished groan.
“What the hell am I supposed to do now?”
“Open it,” Scott suggests. “Maybe there’s something with their name on it.”
Stiles fiddles with the zipper. He’s nosy as hell, in general, and normally he’d be jumping at the chance to rifle through someone else’s personal belongings. But…
“What if there’s like, dead bodies in there or something?” he asks, and Scott just stares at him for a second. Stiles rolls his eyes—that’s a perfectly valid concern. Or maybe he watches too many police procedurals, whatever. “Okay, fine.”
Stiles holds his breath as he slowly unzips the suitcase, but nothing happens when he lets the top part flop back onto their crappy, threadbare rug. There’s a Dodgers hat on top, and Stiles grimaces. “Well, they have shitty taste in baseball teams.”
He sets the hat carefully aside and keeps digging. The person is neat, whoever they are, because everything is folded, and all the dirty clothes are even all contained in their own zippered bag. At first glance, there’s nothing too out of the ordinary—phone charger, American Gods, Calvin Klein briefs. Fancy, he thinks. There’s a monogrammed leather toiletry bag (DSH, he commits those initials to memory), and he pokes through it.
“I’m gonna make an educated guess that it’s a guy.”
“Why’s that?” Scott says, finally looking somewhat interested in this mystery.
Stiles holds up an electric razor. “And that he’s maybe not totally straight,” he says, brandishing a little bottle of lube that’s about three-quarters full.
Scott rolls his eyes. “Lots of people use lube.”
“Yeah, but do you travel with it?” Stiles counters, and Scott sighs.
“No,” he admits. “Did you find anything with his actual name on it?”
“Not yet,” Stiles says absently. He continues to rifle through the bag until he’s pretty sure he has his plan of attack. “Okay. I’m gonna find out who it is,” he says with a determined nod, and Scott frowns.
“How? This is New York City! There are literally millions of dudes here.”
“It’ll be like a real-life scavenger hunt,” Stiles says dreamily, ignoring Scott as he carefully lays his three chosen items out on the coffee table. “This is awesome.”
Julia: I don’t think that you have ownership of horror of this crime.
Owen: Can I just say, I find this, I find this astonishing.
Julia: I’m not Jewish and I’m not gay, I’m not French, but I still am equally horrified by these crimes.
Owen: This was a – I’m being yelled at, which is incredible.
Julia: Stop talking so [we hadn’t do].
Mark: That’s the headline: ‘Isil wages war on gays in west’. Now you share that view, that basically this was deliberately targeted on one part of the community rather than the freedom to enjoy yourself no matter what your sexual orientation is.
Owen: What are you talking about?!?
Mark: I’m talking about the coverage in the newspapers.
Owen: It’s not some abstract, kind of, he just picked a random club out of nowhere. He picked a club because it was full of people he regarded as deviants. That’s why he attacked the club.
Julia: It’s a hate crime, this is an act of terrorism, it was an attack on gay people, absolutely, it was horrific. However, my mind guesses this man probably would be as horrified by me as a gobby woman as he would – genuinely, genuinely – this is the thing. We don’t know right now. We can speculate, but we don’t know how much of this is motivated by just his homophobia.
Owen: We heard from his own father about his revulsion – why are we trying to deflect? Why are you both pick-
Mark: We are not trying to deflect. We are trying to reflect what is being said by the authorities here and –
Owen: Can I ask, what argument are you trying to pick here?
Mark: I’m now going to quote from what The Telegraph is saying…’his father said…[he] may have targeted the gay community after becoming angry when he saw two men–’
Owen: ‘May have’? He did! Why are you saying this?
Julia: ‘After seeing two men kissing in Miami some months ago’ – he may have been angered by many other things since then!
Owen: I’m sorry. I just find this the most astonishing thing I’ve ever been involved with on television. If he’d walked into a synagogue, and massacred dozens of Jewish people, you wouldn’t be saying what you’re saying now.
Owen: This bizarre attempt to deflect from this –
Mark: We are trying to draw parallels in terrorist attacks on people who are being attacked whether they are enjoying rock music in Paris, whether they are gay people in Florida enjoying a night out.
Julia: I completely accept it, as [Mark] does, that it was a homophobic attack, but for me the issue is there are going to be homophobic people, there’ll be people who hate black people, or who hate gay people, or hate Jewish people. There are going to be people, who are lunatics, who are fanatics –
Owen: Who are “lunatics”! Stop using these words, Julia!
Julia: Is it possible for me to finish one sentence?
Owen: If you stop using words like “lunatic” to talk about homophobic terrorist attacks!
Julia: Well thank you. Whoever these people are, and whatever their motivations are, the key thing is we’re always going to have mad and bad people in the world.
Owen: Mad and bad people. Okay.
Julia: And the key issue is, that they can’t do too much or any harm. When you have free access to assault weapons in a country like America, then they’re able to put their hatred of other people –
Owen: Yes! Obviously!
Julia: – into effect, and do damage. That’s the issue for me.
(discussion between Mark and Julia on gun control and the U.S. …Julia: It is absolutely absurd, if America were not going to do something about gun control after Sandy Hook in 2012, if you’re going to watch six- and seven-year-olds being massacred and you don’t think you need to act, they are never going to act.)
Mark: There’s something else here in The Telegraph coverage, which I think we need to bring up, Owen, in relation to your point. And that is, I think that we’ve got at least a call from a spokesman for Stonewall saying that people would be feeling vulnerable, and basically indicating –
Owen: Oh, you’re going to have an LGBT voice talking about it. Interesting.
Owen: Nothing, carry on. Go on.
Julia: Owen, seriously.
Owen: I’ve had enough of this. I’m going home. Sorry. No way.
Julia: Owen, genuinely, we’re trying to have a civilized conversation.
Owen: I know you’re having it, I don’t want it!
Julia: I know you’re upset, you’re very upset –
Owen: Yeah, I am, I’m very upset. I’m very upset.
Julia: Everyone’s upset and angry about this, but storming off a TV set –
Owen Jones, Mark Longhurst, and Julia Hartley-Brewer discuss the Pulse nightclub shootings, 12 June 2016
Summary: You were just a pre-school teacher, a simple dream that came true as you always adored children. But what you didn’t know, was how one child and her very special father would change you dream forever.
Looking up from your phone, your lips tilted up into a warm smile as you saw a familiar face enter the room, as she slightly skipped, swinging her lunchbox in one hand.
“Jieun-ah!!” you cheered as you made your way to her, pinching her cheeks softly as you cooed, “How’s my little girl been?”
Giving you a big smile, one that reached all the way up to her round eyes, she gave you a thumbs up and grinned, “I’m great! Daddy and I even got another dog for Charlie so that he wouldn’t be alone anymore.”
Laughing slightly, you remarked, “Well isn’t that sweet of you to do!! By the way, where’s your Daddy, did he not drop you off–?”
“Her Daddy is right here.” a voice said teasingly as you looked up, scoffing a little as Jimin winked at you playfully. Your eyes quickly wandered to the cut on his lip, which to your surprise had seemed to be healing, making you sigh in relief.
Getting up, you patted Jieun’s back and motioned her to go and put away her stuff in her cubby before walking up to Jimin. Motioning to his face, you said softly, “You’re looking better. How did you manage to explain this to Jieun?”
Jimin chuckled as his eyes fell on his little girl who was humming along to a random tune as she walked around the classroom, mindlessly.
“I told her that when she was asleep, her dad went on a mission to save a princess from an evil man, and then got hurt in the fight.” he said as his eyes flickered back to you, making you flush lightly at his words that made your heart flutter.
so,to get this straight,why do you think they filmed seperately? how is that evident by the scene? what did they have to gain from it? i dont get it
OKAY nonny, let’s see if I can explain this using my admittedly very limited knowledge of the film-making process.
Say you want to fill 9 min of air time, with dialogue broken down about equally between 3 characters. So around 3 min each. When Real TPTB are making Real Episodes, the three actors would be there together, interacting, reacting, together they make magic, etc. etc. Look at literally any other episode, you can see the effort and the care that they take to stage shots so that as many people are in the shot as possible. The one that always comes to mind is when everyone scolds Mycroft for shouting at Mrs. Hudson at once, but there’s oodles more in every episode. That’s what makes it feel like they’re all there together, that’s what makes it feel real, that’s what makes the show so great.
So in Real Setlock Land, that means 3 actors all working for however long it takes to make 9 minutes of show. One guy flubs one line, all three shoot another take together. One guy doesn’t have a line for a solid 2 minute chunk of those 9 minutes? Doesn’t matter, he’s still there in the shot, silently acting his lil butt off. Want a long, continuous shot over a particular chunk of that conversation? Everybody had better know their lines damn well, because that’s a lot of man-hours to reshoot and exponentially more opportunities and people to muck it up.
But say we’re not in Real Setlock Land. Say we’re in Fucky Setlock Land. Say for some reason you were pressed for time. Let’s just say, completely hypothetically, you had a full calendar of primary shooting responsibilities to prepare for, but you also had to produce a low-rent slasher film using just your nights, weekends, and lunchbreaks. How would you produce 11 and a half minutes of some semblance of a scene with only the bare requirement that your physical form be physically on a set speaking physical words to a camera?
The scene in 221b looks cheap and bad because it is cheap and bad, precisely because it’s A LOT easier to produce. Ben and Martin are the main limiting resources here, so the first corner to cut right out the gate: they don’t need to film together! Now, any day that Ben is off standing in the middle of the road or Martin is being sad at the Watson flat, the other one can be filming on the 221b set with Director Mark and the B Team. Efficiency #1, simple.
Once you make that decision though, you realize that the way you’re going to have to shoot the scene - cutting from face to face as people say their lines, as to not show the empty room - gives you a lot more incidental efficiencies. Like for instance, now Ben doesn’t actually have to sit there patiently waiting for Mark to recite The History of Eurus if the camera is going to be on Mark that whole time (spoiler: it was). Suddenly, Ben’s 3-minute share of talking becomes 3 minutes of show to make total, consisting of 100% Ben’s lines and 100% Ben’s face. The most efficient and painless way to waste an Oscar-nominated actor’s time filming a low-rent slasher movie possible.
It also means there’s no long scenes or monologues for anyone (Ben) to memorize. Cutting away between every single line means he can reshoot a single line at a time, even sit there and memorize a line at a time if he wanted. Of course the greatest actors of our day don’t bat an eye at a few extra lines to learn, but, just assuming here that they have been double-booked for over a month, hypothetically producing at the same time the greatest love story every put to film, it doesn’t hurt that the stakes here become astronomically low with this production method.
Another corner they cut? They never move. They never move. Easier to keep track of where your imaginary conversation partner is if they aren’t moving, easier to pick camera angles that will reliably conceal the fact that there’s no one else in the room if they aren’t moving.
Anyway, did I answer your question? tl;dr: fake fake fake fake just my analysis
thatkevinsmith: Aw, Kraptonite! It’s all over! Finished my second episode of @supergirlcw at 11:30 last night with these cosplaying characters. Thank you @davidharewood, @melissabenoist & @chy_leigh - the heart, soul and spine of this wonderful weekly hour on @thecw - as well as the rest of the cast and the entire #vancouver crew! If you can’t tell, I love “directing” the @dccomics shows in the #berlantiverse. Doing so has made me a stronger film-maker while allowing me to play with someone else’s toys and IP. But it also provides nice cover for me in my day job so I can make masturbatory movies like @tuskthemovie & @yogahosers. Some indie filmmakers in the 90’s used to work under a “One for me, One for them” philosophy - the idea being you work with a studio on something they own then jump back into the freedom of no-budget filmmaking afterwards (Soderbergh popularized this approach). Directing #supergirl and @cwtheflash is kinda like a modern-day version of that for me on one level: the three well-received eps I handled that people have seen thus far clearly indicate I know how to direct and can color within the lines when it’s necessary. But my bat-shit crazy Canadian flicks (the #truenorthtrilogy) allow me to color my flicks any way I want, all artsy or stupid - which has resulted in a few baffled or hostile reactions and calls for my DGA card to be confiscated. So in a way, #supergirl has actually saved my fat ass IRL: working with this show lets me be considered “good” at directing for others while I’m so busy trying to be “bad” at directing my own material (though I like to think the flicks are more experimental than “bad”). Just another reason I love shooting shit with the folks in the photo above: by helping them be fake people, they help me be the real me. Never be scared to make what YOU want to see, Kids - but if you’re gonna get goofy with your personal work, it’s a good idea to simultaneously show folks you’re not really an idiot - you’re just trying out new stuff. Fortune favors the bold! #KevinSmith #supergirlseason2 #melissabenoist #davidharewood #chylerleigh
Can you give me a tcc history lesson?? Like what the fuck is up with ericfuckingharris?
sit down kids and let vlad the dad tell y'all a brief history of some of the most famous shit to go down in the tcc.
• so, ericfuckingharris was a guy in the tcc around the middle of last year. of course, given there’s only 4 and a half boys in the tcc, girls were swarming all over him because he was a “hot guy”. or so these thots fucking thought. anyway, he gains a little fanbase of the thirsty girls in the tcc wanting to suck up to him, and everyone is worshipping him because he was a guy who was into all that kinky bdsm type of stuff. the girls went crazy, people either loved or hated him, but he was so popular because he was handsome and wanted to be called “reb”. basically eric harris wannabe. so, you may be asking, what the fuck even happened? turns out this guy was a fake, and the pictures he was using was of some (schottish?) instagram dude. this community was set a-fucking-blaze when this shit was discovered. the girls who were riding his dick were crying, people were saying “i told y'all so”, others were just shaking their fucking heads. you can search the “ericfuckingharris” tag on here and there’s still remnants of this train wreck.
• now let’s talk about the dylan klebold pillow ordeal, which i can’t believe some of y'all haven’t seen. a severely mentally ill girl by the url imagines4columbiners made a post about how she stole her mothers debit card to purchase a pillow case with dylan klebold on it. not even a real image of him, some weird ass drawing someone did of dylan and put it up on redbubble. she proceeds to say how she was going to fuck the pillow, but her mom got to the mail first and shipped it back. she said it was our fault and that we won, we got what we wanted. she was also posting pics of her feet for dylan klebold, and made a drawing of rachel scott being forced to give dylan a blowjob during the massacre. she also wrote a fic about eric raping dylan, and as you can already conclude the community was set ablaze again. i personally talked to her because i just couldn’t believe she was actually like this for no reason, and that’s when i got to know her. she’s 16, and she suffers from schizophrenia among many other mental illnesses. so i befriended her, i encouraged her to seek help and to leave the tcc because she really didn’t belong here after what she did, and really she was an all around nice kid but she had severe mental illness. people were pissed at me because i took the time to ask her what the fuck was wrong with her, but so be it. she’s getting professional help now and i know she’s on medication. last i talked to her she was on her way to a psych ward, so there’s that. anyway, it was fucking crazy from start to finish. search my blog for “imagines4columbiners” to see more.
• the time lynn ann (or a fake, still not sure) made a tumblr. y'all gotta know who she is. if not, google “lynn ann eric harris” and feel free to call a suicide prevention line afterwards. basically lynn ann was (probably still is) obsessed with eric harris. she’s severely mentally ill too, and she has a facebook as well as a youtube channel where she worships eric. okay, whatever, but she also goes on to bully the people who died that day. she’ll call them ugly, fat, retarded, ni**er, etc. she just spews the nastiest shit ever towards the victims. she has a pillow (like a big ass pillow) with a picture of eric harris on it. she also has a cup her brother got her, posters, etc. all over her room and she shows off her collection on youtube. view at your own risk.
• v-reb, that little shit. basically he’s a disgusting bigot. not only that, but because of him there was a nationwide panic over a shooter in australia. someone sent him some anons about how they were going to kill the people in their school, which was in australia. they had plans, where they were going to place the bombs, and how they were going to gun down the survivors. and what did v-reb do? laugh and encourage them to do so. then as if that wasn’t bad enough, that same anon, as well as others, went around to other blogs and told people the same shit. some anon said “be prepared for tomorrow, none of you will be laughing then.” or something like that. so basically, @v-reb encouraged a mass shooting, more and more people got the same anons, people were in a panic and everyone was scrambling to get the word out to the people in australia to stay home and stay safe because whoever it was sounded deadass serious. we contacted authorities, we managed to pinpoint someone who we believed was behind the threats, and now things have settled. i’ve gotten asks about how the schools in australia were on lockdown, how people were scared, etc. and v-reb continued to laugh and think it was all a joke and that it was funny. this kid is fucking sick and really i never wanted to beat someones ass so bad. take him as an example of what happens when you don’t beat your kids a few good times. ALSO here’s an update on @v-reb. they encouraged another shooting in england from some mentally ill boy who suffered a lot of trauma and abuse instead of encouraging them to get help. at this point they either get off on making this shit happen or they’re extremely fucking sick, so avoid this idiot at all costs. did i mention he’s only 15? yeah avoid him especially if you’re mentally i’ll because he’ll take advantage of that and try and encourage you to kill yourself or others.
• okay so @pledgeallegiance. this son of a bitch is literally always dragging people and shit. like will he ever stop? no. he literally just waits for some bigot to say some stupid shit and he’ll just have to drag them. it never fucking ends. also he claimed the title as the first ever black roofie in 2015 and wow???? he hates (most) roofies but he actually would know more about the case than most because he’s been following it since literally day one. but would anybody want to know from him bc he keeps dragging ppl? probably not. have you ever seen a black nazi? look no further. like what the fuck is even happening. his blog is supposed to be true crime but all i see is him roasting racists, reblogging gifs of avenged sevenfold, and riding the dick of dwayne stafford. literally the most cringeworthy person in the tcc hands down. also he roasts nazi’s and yet??? his friends call him black hitler like literally what the fuck is he doing anymore. no one knows what the fuck he’s doing anymore but he keeps getting followers.
• @whitepowercockkk. do not get me fucking started. this is a 61 year old man on here. he’s a neo nazi. swastika tattooed on his left tit, white supremacist through and through. he’s a columbiner, and his blog is filled with him praising eric and dylan as the “gods of columbine”, belittling the victims (similar to lynn ann), and making videos/edits showing his white supremacy and love for eric and dylan. he’s a methhead, that you can tell because he posts about shooting up and stuff. he’s also gay, and posts nudes with a swastika on his dick. so. if you look on his blog, you’ll see his videos, he’s there on camera smoking like a chimney and talking about eric and dylan and nazism. you know liz taylor from american horror story? he literally looks like her. no joke i think his blog is still up so go take a look if you’re brave. let’s not forget that he has a grey shirt and written in red are the words “i condone.” listen. listen. listen he’s like every edgelord on here wrapped into one. this is what happens when you don’t grow out of your nazi and columbiner phase after 18.
• OH GOD THE COSPLAYERS. listen. there’s people on here who, on april 20th, usually like to celebrate the massacre. they will dress up as eric and dylan with their friends, wear the shirts and the coats and the glasses and shit, and they’ll go to school dressed like that and take selfies and videos. two people from russia did this and they posed like eric and dylan in the suicide photo in their school library and just had someone take the picture. i am done.
• okay so now, to wrap it up, what the fuck happened today. now i’m not pissed or judging, but apparently some girls who call themselves the “roofiesquad”???? i dunno. apparently they were in a group chat, and they got an idea. they would make a fake tumblr, kinda like ericfuckingharris but with a twist. they made a fake tumblr, the fake person was a 17 year old boy, and they took someones pic off instagram and posted it. they were doing some sort of experiment??? and they wanted to see what would happen. so i think they did this for a day, and they said that in that day 50+ people followed that fake blog and a lot of thirsty ass girls tried messaging the fake guy. they said they wanted to see how gullible the girls in this community are and how they just swarm towards any guy in the tcc, so they decided to make this fake person, get a bunch of teens to jump all over it, and then posted about how it was all fake. i don’t know what the hell happened, but i’m pretty sure a bunch of girls here got humiliated and their feelings hurt because they hopped on the nearest dick they could find in the tcc.
so that basically sums up a good portion of the crazy shit that has happened in the tcc, there’s probably tons more but this is all i can remember off the top of my head