- It’s finished. No waiting on episodes, they’re all there.
- It’s wrapped up after 5 seasons in a way that makes sense; it wasn’t cancelled.
- It’s science-fiction. Packed with mystery, unexplained occurrences and all the other stuff that make your curiosity perk up.
- It’s created by JJ Abrams, Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, Bryan Burk and J.H. Wyman. Some of these you might know from making the Star Trek reboot or the sci-fi TV show “Almost Human”.
- Main character is a female. She’s an FBI agent. She isn’t sexualized. She isn’t masculine. She isn’t a cliché. She isn’t made fun of for being a female agent. She is actually very intelligent and very appreciated by her co-workers.
- Her boss is a male POC.
- Another female agent is a POC as well.
- John Noble. The ‘mad scientist’ of the show.
- Leonard Nimoy. Yep. He’s a recurring character.
- Sebastian Roché and Jared Harris. Also, Blair Brown.
- Parallel universe!
- The love stor(ies) that happen don’t reduce anyone to a love interest.
- David Bowie references. (You’ll spot them, trust me)
- Cases of the week + serialisation
- Have I mentioned the fact that the characters aren’t a cliché?
- Freaky stuff. You’ll love it. It might freak you out but you’ll love it.
Fringe Season 1 | Olivia Dunham, FBI “ There are many things I’m not good at, too many, but one thing I can do, that I’ve always been able to do,that game, concentration. Memory. Connecting things. Putting them together. ”
Alt!Olivia: You know, there’s a lot of things about you that I wish I had. There’s a lot of things about you that I admire.
Olivia: That’s funny, I was about to say the same thing about you. Keep looking up after it rains. Keep looking up.
Alt!Olivia: I will.
She wasn’t me. How could you not see that? Now she’s everywhere. She’s been in my house, in my job, my bed. I don’t wanna wear my clothes, I don’t wanna live in my apartment… And I don’t wanna be with you. She’s taken everything.