1. Gambit: obviously the best at making pancakes. Topped with crème fraîche and lemon zest and fruits you’ve never even heard of.
2. Storm: controls the amount of water and air in each pancake so that they always turn out mysteriously perfect in fluffiness, roundness, and mouthfeel.
3. Colossus: does that thing you see on YouTube videos where he squeezes out little bits of batter at a time to make a picture. So gorgeous you almost can’t bear to eat them.
4. Rogue: makes ‘em huge, super-sweet, very buttery, and plentiful. Pecan pancakes a specialty.
5. Jean Grey: uses cookie-cutters and fruit toppings and whipped cream to make cute little faces and stuff. Not nearly as impressive as Colossus’s, but very endearing.
6. Jubilee: technique is nothing to write home about but always includes chocolate chips, which absolves her of any pancake-related sins.
7. Beast: experiments with strange ingredients from across the world and gives lecture on the history of pancakes (or flapjacks, as they called them on the frontier) while making them. Better to think about than to actually eat.
8. Kitty Pryde: uses organic whole-wheat flour and yogurt and Stevia and stuff. Says it tastes just as good. It does not taste just as good.
9. Iceman: makes them from a mix, gets distracted and doesn’t flip them in time, all his pancakes are burnt and hideously misshapen. Smothers them in ice cream and hopes nobody notices.