Here are some titles that I feel deserve more love than they get!
From the New World - This anime was a masterpiece. Paced and well-planned, the show entangles you without you knowing until its too late. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to sink their teeth into a psychological fantasy that leave you with a strange mix of innocence and uneasiness.
PrincessJellyfish - A love story between a confident and fashionable crossdresser and an awkward, introverted girl. This is golden!
Welcome to the NKH! - Just the right amount of humor and psychological torment to keep every viewer enthralled. Is it a conspiracy?
Monster - What happens when a promising young doctor saves the life of a boy who was fated to die? A gripping thriller of justice and revenge!
Bokurano - A group of kids become the chosen pilots of a robot faced with saving the planet, a beyond awesome experience for them!…or so they think. They sign the binding contract and now each one of them must pay the price.
Wolf’s Rain - As legend has it, wolves will open the gate to Paradise in a dying world. This anime is a gripping, heart-wrenching tale of an unlikely pack of wolves searching for promised Paradise. Out of any of the shows on this list, Wolf’s Rain is worth watching. It is a legend it its own right.
Samurai Champloo - THE MUSIC. The music alone should be enough to draw you into this epic tale, but in case you need more persuasion, know that this show revolves around the two most badass fighters in town and their quest to help a girl they are indebted to find the samurai who smells of sunflowers. Ugh its so gooooood.
Mawaru Penguindrum - Weird and comical sum up this anime pretty nicely! It is a fun watch that you will find hard not to binge on once you start. Stay with me people: An alien penguin-hat grants a girl her life back in exchange for her two bothers’ help in acquiring the Penguindrum (whatever that is). I know what you are thinking, but please give it a try! You won’t regret it!
Eden of the East - “This nation faces a great crisis. One among you must save us. I cannot tell you how. I cannot tell you why. Should you fail, you will be eliminated.” 12 people have been chosen to save Japan, each given a phone with 10 billion yen on it and the simple instruction to save Japan–their lives are on the line. Despite this harsh description, the actual show also has an element of humor, so don’t be afraid to jump in! Noblesse Oblige.
Steins;Gate - Many of you have probably heard of this and thought that is was too stuffy or complicated for you, but I’m here to tell you that you will watch this show, make it to episode 22, and then thank me. YOUR WELCOME. Sure, this show takes some getting into, but once you delve deeper into the plot, you will find things falling into place. It has unconventional characters, a really great romance stuck in there, and a pretty refreshing, sciency tone. Enjoy.
Nodame Cantabile - To think that so many people have not seen this gift to humanity sickens me. Nodame is most assuredly the most interesting and unique anime character to walk this little anime earth. There is music! There is romance! There is SO MUCH HUMOR! There are 3 seasons!!! You can’t really pass up this opportunity to watch a legend.
Hunter X Hunter (2011) - This is the only long-running shonen series I will ever watch. This is a series for those of you who like action but not fight scenes that span multiple episodes and like actual character development and good animation consistently throughout the show (I swear its perfect the whole way). Gon wants to be a Hunter just like his father and he meets Killua, the boy-assassin (an resident cinnamon roll), Kurapika, the last of the Kurta clan hell-bent on revenge, and Leorio, a guy who wants to strike it rich. Follow these four on a journey you won’t forget!
1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - My all-time favourite though I don’t really talk about it. It has one of the best world-building I’ve seen in anime, and I love basically everything about it. Brotherhood is better than the first anime because it has Ling Yao, Mei Chang and Olivier Mira Armstrong in it amongst other things!!
2. Haikyuu!! - One of my favourite sports anime, I’ve fallen in love with almost all of the cast, and it’s the only manga that I follow at the moment too. I love the underdog story and they’re finally going places now! I’m really excited for what the mangaka has in store for us in the future!
3. Yuri!!! on Ice - My current obsession if the things i’m reblogging aren’t making that obvious. This one is a game changer, a history maker! Best anime this season (that i’m watching). If you haven’t watched it yet, leave this post and get on that, stat!!
4. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso/Your Lie in April - CRIED LIKE A NEWBORN BABY TO THIS! This is such an incredible story about getting over emotional trauma, and rediscovering your passions. Prepare a tissue box or two…hundred.
5. Tiger & Bunny - This one is seriously underrated!! So maybe it’s not for everyone but i loved the family drama, and the relationship building between the two main heroes. The characters are all charming, the villain is positively EVIL, and the plot is great!
6. Hajime no Ippo - In my opinion one of the best sports anime of all time. I can’t recommend it enough - don’t get put off because of it’s art style, it has some unbelievably epic matches! No match is boring!!
7. Boku dake ga inai machi/Erased - I adore time-travel plots, and this one was interesting, and the mystery was so gripping. The ending was fab too! Bittersweet.
8. 91 Days - One of my favourite anime this year, it was absolutely incredible. I felt like it would have made an amazing movie too, a really great story!
9. Stein’s;Gate - I cried, I laughed, and it was super interesting! I was addicted to this one and couldn’t stop watching it until I finished it. It’s a great concept and well delivered.
10. Puella Magi Madoka Magica - I cried my eyes out several times! And it’s so arty! Love it!