And because Henry is also an important part of our flock, I will share 10 facts about him as well!
1. Henry’s name is a tribute to Rick’s late brother, Mac. There is a talking Linnie on YouTube named Henry and Mac was obsessed with his videos, so when Mac passed away and we brought home our new little one, we felt “Henry” was the perfect name to give him in memory.
2. Henry had been meant as a breeding bird, I reached out to his breeder to be waitlisted for a baby and she informed me she had a 1 year old cobalt male in need of a home. As he was not tame, she wanted an experienced home and thought we’d be a good fit, and so we adopted him.
3. Henry loves to sit on my head and preen me.
4. It took 8 months for Henry and Rick to bond, now they are inseparable.
5. Henry, much like Rick, has a love for hairband destruction.
6. Henry is timid but is more likely to try out a new toy than Rick.
7. His wings were clipped by the breeder when we got him, it took 6 months to grow them back out, now he zips around like a little fighter jet.
8. He is a BIG chewer, he will destroy anything he can get his little beak on.
9. Through Rick, he learned how to emulate the sounds his namesake makes and sounds EXACTLY like the bird in the videos.
10. He does NOT like our Red Couch, and is always horrified when he accidentally lands on it.