21 Things you learn about tumblr:
1) Tumblr is a place of social justice.
2) Rape, sexual assault, harassment, abuse, self-harm, suicide, bullying, depression, eating disorders, anxiety, etc… Those are to be taken very VERY seriously. It’s not something to joke about.
3) If you are racist/homophobic or close-minded like that, this isn’t a place you wanna be.
4) People here say that you must not EVER speak of tumblr outside of tumblr, and that specifically includes mentioning your url on facebook/twitter or connecting your tumblr to them. And you know what? They’re right. We come here because tumblr is that place where we can express ourselves the way we want, and in a way stay safely anonymous from our own life outside of tumblr. Here (whether by posts, reblogs or tags) we reveal more of our identities, thoughts, secrets, insecurities, moments of insanity etc… than we would ever reveal on other SNS. If you’re interested in revealing yourself so openly to your social circle of family and friends outside of tumblr, if you’re ready for it, then I won’t judge you. Go ahead.
5) There are real people behind their computers/phones on this site. Real people who can have their feelings hurt. People have enough shit to deal with in their lives so don’t be that anon hater/cyber bully and make things worse.
6) Tumblr loves animals.
7) Your “I’ll just check my dash for five minutes” will turn to five hours of scrolling and reblogging.
8) DON’T fuck with superwholock. They will come for you.
9) Supernatural has a gif for everything. Don’t even try to test them, there’s no point.
10) Gifs everywhere.
11) No one really knows how to pronounce ‘gif’
12) I like your shoelace.
13) DON’T try to take credit for something you did not do. Always give credit to the artist/photographer/blog if you repost but still, there’s a reblog option for a reason.
14) There are too many sides of tumblr to count.
15) Science side of tumblr can explain anything.
16) Fandom side of tumblr can hijack any post.
17) DO NOT INSULT SOMEONES SHIP.
18) No one spells Benedips Cumbercumber’s name right.
19) Harry Potter is a beloved.
20) Kpop fandom are in constant ‘too many feels’ mode and are always unable to can.
21) Once you tumblr… there’s no going back.