-chanukah: presents that wrap themselves, dreidels that complain if you don’t spin them well enough, candles that never drip
-purim: polyjuice potions as costumes, floating fountains of giggle water, special siddurim for animagi who want to come to services in their animal guises. lightning and thunder drowning out haman’s name
-pesach: ACCIO HAMETZ, INSCENDIO. haggadot with moving pictures. instead of finding the matzah you have to catch the matzah. it’s slightly sentient and knows all the good hiding spots
-sukkah: wizarding sukkot that are made of living trees, which bear a different sort of fruit each night. a magical shield around the sukkah to keep rain from getting in when you want to do the mitzvah of sleeping outside but the weather is terrible
-shabbos: so many halachic discussions about which spells you’re allowed to use on the sabbath. so many.
The Voyager Golden Records are phonograph records that were included aboard both Voyager spacecraft launched in 1977. They contain sounds and images selected to portray the diversity of life and culture on Earth, and are intended for any intelligent extraterrestrial life form, or for future humans, who may find them. Neither Voyager spacecraft is heading toward any particular star, but Voyager 1 will pass within 1.6 light-years of the star Gliese 445, currently in the constellation Camelopardalis, in about 40,000 years.
The Voyager Golden Record contains 115 images plus a calibration image and a variety of natural sounds, such as those made by surf, wind, and thunder, and animal sounds, including the songs of birds and whales. The record additionally features musical selections from different cultures and eras, spoken greetings in fifty-nine languages, and printed messages from President Jimmy Carter and U.N. Secretary-General Kurt Waldheim. The items were selected for NASA by a committee chaired by Carl Sagan of Cornell University.
‘Raijū’ meaning ‘thunder animal’ or ‘thunder beast’ in japanese. Is a legendary creature coming from Japanese mythology. Its body is composed of lightning and in other tales the shape of a animal in different colors; wolf, dog, fox, cat or weasel.
Hello! Could I have a fluff scenario where Eiji and his best friend, who have secretly liked each other for ages, finally go out on their first date together, only to have it plagued by misfortunes, but they still have fun and the whole thing culminates to a first kiss in a rainstorm? Thanks!
I feel like I’ve kinda gone rusty here ;-; I hope you like it though!
The downpour swayed to its tune, dripping slow, fast, heavy and soft. A mixture of pattering sounds clouded the ears of the couple taking shelter underneath a tree. The locale carried an earthy odour concocted by the raindrops blending with the ground. The place was alive yet wistful.
Eiji smiled apologetically at his crush, _______, who was wiping her head with her handkerchief. She smiled back thinly, clearly not happy for the rain interrupted their date. As if there just weren’t enough interruptions today.
“I’m sorry, _______-san.” Was all Eiji managed to say. ______ turned to him, a little surprised by his sudden apology.
“I didn’t think Van-kun and Nagi-kun would drag the rest out to spy on our…” He trailed off, looking for the word. You were pressed to answer with ‘date’ but he beat you to that, his cheeks tinting in a shade of pink. “….date.” He finished, averting his gaze.
You chuckled, the musical sound gaining his attention, his gentle violet eyes now focused on you alone. “It’s alright. I still had fun.Though Van really shouldn’t have clicked so many pictures while whistling and teasing us.” You mumbled with a blush.
“And Nagi shouldn’t have tried to dress up as a ghost so you’d hug me.” Eiji replied, remembering how you clung to him. The thought sent a thrum of excitement down his spine.
The little midget succeeded in looking like an utter zombie. He creepily appeared from the bushes and you screamed, bolting straight into Eiji’s arms. He held you firmly and you heard Van woot in the distance, instantly leaving his embrace at the sound.
“Eiichi shouldn’t have threatened me in a corner. Well, not threatened more like warned.” You muttered angrily. You hoped that today would be just for the two of you. Eiji gently reached for your hand, wrapping his fingers onto yours. You blushed, tightening your grip.
“And that puppy which refused to leave me until her owner appeared…” Eiji reminded, chuckling at the memory. He recalled your expression. You were torn in between fighting the little pup because it hogged all of Eiji’s attention and between petting the adorable animal.
The thunder sounded aloud and you leaned closer. Eiji sighed into your hair, loving the misty scent it carried. He loved every bit of you. From your hair to your voice. To your smile and your frown. Every single thing.
He always liked you. Admired you. He knew was he was shy when it came to such feelings but before he knew it, he was utterly captured in love with you. He couldn’t bear telling you, he was afraid that he’d lose your friendship but it was Van who told him, “It didn’t hurt to try. Besides, at least you got it out of your heart!”
He didn’t know how this would end but he agreed with Van. It didn’t hurt to try and get across his feelings to you. What clawed at his heart was that you were his best friend and that it was possible that you never saw him the way he saw you.
He tentatively embraced you, you shuddered when your ear came in contact with the sounds of his wild, beating heart. Your heart thumped in a similar rhythm, the sounds of the rain paling in loudness when compared to the song of your heartbeats.
You pulled away, your face red as a tomato, the palpitations like a drum in your ears. You refused to meet his violet eyes, the colour of a royal iris, blooming in magnificent kindness. A sensation of warmth bloomed similarly in your chest as you stepped out, the showers from the skies cooling your hot face and body.
“_______-san?” Eiji looked surprised. Part of why the two of you looked for shelter was so that you could avoid getting wet and here you were, willingly getting soaked. His feet were drawn to you as he entered the fray, the water drenching his clothes but he didn’t mind as long as that brought him closer to you.
He closed his eyes, loving the cool sensations the rain offered like as if it were more than ready to simmer down the erratic thumping of his heart that sent forth heat to all parts of his body.
He froze when a cold palm met his cheek, raising his temperature and the heat built up in the air around you two. He slowly opened his eyelids, to find your (e/c) gaze and parted lips coupled with the uneven rise and fall of your chest.
His body thrummed and his voice gave out, as the words tumbled out of his mouth, clear and firm like the drops that caressed and drenched your bodies.
“I love you, _______.” It was a whisper amongst the cacophony of the pattering and yet you heard them. Was it because you were seeking out for those words? Your breathing went erratic, your heart pounded inside your chest, your palm suddenly felt heavier on his cheeks.
Without a word, you carefully placed your lips onto his cool and wet ones. Heat sprang from your insides, the mixed palpitations of both of your hearts sounding into the air. His palm found its way to your cheek, his other arm strongly pulling you closer to him.
He left your lips, only to catch them in a deeper kiss, so sweet that you melted into a puddle. Such a tentative kiss. You became the axis of his love which encompassed and spun around you; this one kiss was enough to tug immensely onto your heartstrings. You lost yourself to this one action, there was something that ran deep in his gentleness which drew you closer.
You pulled away, to steady your beating heart and to breathe. Your eyes met his rising and falling chest, your hand was on his warm cheek. The downpour was softening but your hearts refused to. He kissed your lips again, soft and gentle. Your hands wrung into his wet locks of brown hair, willingly giving yourself up for his kiss. His arms held you steady, although you knew this moment was enough to make the two of you lose your footing and tumble down.
“I love you.” You whispered, your warm breath, tickling when you left his lips and wrapped your arms around him, your head on his chest. “I love you, Eiji.” Your voice, rang out, defined. The raindrops landed onto your lips and he brushed them away, his smile radiant. “I love you too, my _______.” Eiji’s forehead was pressed to yours, his chest warming in love.
In the campaign I’m writing, I have the PCs being paid in magic items instead of money (for reasons). They’ll roll a d20 and get an item randomly.
I’ve only cooked up one batch so far, and others are welcome to use some of them
1) Pen of Scribing : a basic feather quill that lets the user write in any language, but if they didn’t know it previously, they still can’t read it
2) Buster Sword : it’s a homemade version of the Buster Sword form Final Fantasy VII. It’s entirely decorative and impractical for combat, but it does provide that tough guy aesthetic (+2 on Intimidation)
3) Inverse Earplugs : small, red, plush beads that, when placed inside the user’s ear, amplifies the hearing ability (what can be heard is left to the judgement of the DM)
4) Telepathy Potion : a salmon colored, murky liquid in a small vial. If you and another person drink it, you can hear each other’s thoughts (limit 4 people; last 1 hour; range is 50 feet)
5) Fantasy 5 Gum : a pack of spearmint fantasy 5 gum. This gum has such an intense mint flavor that it leaves your breath painfully minty fresh (user can unleash a frosty breath (range 15ft) for 2d6 cold damage; 8 pieces in a pack)
6) Cat Paws : a pair of fuzzy white cat paw gloves that give the wearer +3 on Animal Handling
7) Thunder Gem : a small yellow gem that, when thrown on the ground, summons forth the fury of a thunderstorm (summons lightning and thunder in a 10 ft radius around where the gem shatters; can be heard for 100 ft; Con save –> failed = 3d6 lightning damage; saved = ½ that)
8) Stick-on Mustache : a stick-on handlebar mustache that is meant for a child (+2 on bluff checks when disguising self as someone male)
9) The Breakfast Club : this club is shaped like a large wooden spoon and smells of spices. If you sleep near this item and it is unobserved for at least an hour during the night, upon waking up you will find a delicious full gourmet breakfast of the highest quality. There is enough food and drink to serve the whole party. You can also hit people with it (1d8 bludgeoning damage)
10) Feather Cape : a deep purple cape with a gold trim that is coated with glitter and has had Feather Fall imbued in it (the wearer can use Feather Fall when they need it)
11) A Rainy Day : a blue lace parasol decorated with small sapphires that, when opened, summons a rain cloud above the bearer (in a 10 ft square around bearer, it rains; if user succeeds on a DC 15 (whatever their spell casting ability branches off of) check, it summons lightning as well, causing 1d8 lightning damage)
12) Lit Flip Kicks : a pair of sick looking kicks that give the wearer +2 on acrobatics checks
13) Candle Staff : a medium sized white oak staff with a lit wax candle on the tip. Can cast Fireball once before the fire goes out. The fire can be re-lit but only by a non magical fire (4d6 fire damage; no daily limit)
14) Bell of Hypnosis : a small golden bell with a black handle that, when rung, releases a frequency that’s imbued with Charm magic and will not realize they were charmed when the effect wears off (victim must succeed on a DC 14 Con save; lasts 1 hour)
15) Back-up Arm Bracers : a set of arm bracers that only kicks in when your main armor fails (when an attack beats the wearer’s AC by 5 or more, damage is reduced by 1d4 points)
16) Ace of Spades : a simple ace of spades card that, no matter where you put it, always ends up back in your sleeve (good for magic tricks; can impress people)
17) 8-ball of Prophecy : an 8-ball from a basic pool set that is imbued with fortune telling. Shake it and the answer to your question will be revealed. User can ask it a yes or no question once per day (DM must answer truthfully and must answer with replies that would come out of a magic 8 ball)
18) Magician’s Hat : a basic black top hat that allows the wearer to cast Prestidigitation (it’s powers are increased if the spell was already known (lasts longer and affects bigger items; unlimited use)
19) Tome of Hints : a gold bound leather book filled with blank pages. In exchange for a good joke, it’ll reveal a hint as to what the adventures should do to progress the story (quality of joke is up to DM)
20) Toaster of Toast : a nice metal toaster with two slots for toast. Once per morning, the user can use it to make toast, but the quality is up to fate (roll d20 no modifier; < 10 = burnt toast & not a good start to the day; 10-16 = pretty good but could be better; 17+ = the best toast you’ve ever had & +2 to max HP for the day; toast feeds one person)
The Voyager Golden Records are phonograph records included aboard both Voyager spacecrafts, which were launched in 1977.
They contain recordings of a variety of natural sounds, such as those
made by surf, wind, and thunder, and animal sounds, including the songs
of birds and whales, musical selections from different cultures and
eras, spoken greetings in 59 languages, and a collection of 116 images (see gifs). The items were selected for NASA by a committee chaired by Carl Sagan.
The records are intended for any intelligent extraterrestrial life
form, or for future humans, who may find them. The Voyager spacecrafts
are not heading towards any particular star, but Voyager 1 will be
within 1.6 light-years of the star Gliese 445, currently in the
constellation Camelopardalis, in about 40,000 years.