6 things i stopped buying: minimalism journey (+ reduce waste)
1. Makeup Remover Wipes: instead, use a washcloth (preferably black) and apply coconut oil or almond oil to the cloth (or face), then use the cloth to wipe your entire makeup off until satisfied. *(continue with face wash routine or face mask)
benefits: reusable // machine washable // save money // gentle on the skin // effectively removes makeup
2. Plastic Toothbrushes: instead, buy a pack of bamboo toothbrushes on amazon or a general store. use these brushes as you would any other brush and thoroughly brush to improve oral health.
3. Multi-Step Facial Cleansers & Name Brand Body Washes: instead, use African Black soap for both your body and face with your preferred method of washing (electronic brush, hands, or wash cloth). for more simple face washes, consider using vegan and/or organic facial washes that work for your skin type.
benefits: multipurpose // improves overall skin health // all skin types (especially acne prone or oily) // single-step process // organic // save money
4. Plastic Water Bottles: instead, use a simple stainless steel bottle that you can refill throughout the day and keep up with.
benefits: reusable // washable // aesthetic // easy to monitor and handle // eco-friendly
5. Face Moisturizers: instead, use carrier oils (such as coconut oil, argan oil, almond oil, castor oil) that work with your skin type/skin needs *(you can try combining them with essential oils such as tea tree oil, lavender oil, etc.)
benefits: organic // improves skin health // no harsh chemicals // save money // longer lasting // multipurpose
6. Animal Cruelty Makeup: instead, buy makeup products that you truly need (wear daily)from companies that are Animal-Cruelty FREE and/or vegan. do your research and spend your money wisely. some may seem expensive, but consider how much some high-end brands benefit from not being animal-cruelty free *(invest in vegan and/or organic products too).