Literally all of my siblings write. It would be weird if we all became published one day. The Turner dynasty: five authors of different genres. (Guys, this is the best idea ever, let’s make this happen. Drop all your career plans, let’s go!)
This tag is to get to know the person behind the blog better. As with any tagging game there are rules:
Rule 1 - Post the rules.
Rule 2 - Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then make 11 new ones.
Rule 3 - Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
Rule 4 - Let them know you’ve tagged them.
1. What is your favourite dessert?
It is called, quite rightly, the Queen of Puddings. My mum makes it from scratch, and it is perfect. Failing that, just give me meringue. GIVE ME THE MERINGUE.
2. Top 5 favourite TV shows?
Oh goodness. I’ll never choose. Um… Sherlock, Doctor Who, The Mighty Boosh, Deep Space 9 and… possibly Jonathan Creek, before Caroline Quentin left.
3. Top 5 favourite books/series?
This is somewhat easier. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë, Sunset Song by Lewis Grassic Gibbon, The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S Lewis and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
4. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
Neither. I am permanently tired.
5. Top 5 favourite movies?
THIS IS JUST CRUEL. I will try, but I will have to cut out many beautiful, beautiful films. Okay. Submarine, Muppet Treasure Island, An Education, Lord of the Rings, and anything by Wes Anderson.
6. If, for one day, you could be any fictional character, who would you be and what would you do?
I would be Jane Eyre. I wouldn’t do anything special. It would just be lovely to live her life for a day: wander the lonely halls of Thornfield, take a walk in the gardens, have tea with Mrs. Fairfax, teach Adele some English, read in the library, converse with Mr. Rochester and then remember to lock my door.
7. If, for one day, you could switch places with any real person, who would you be and what would you do?
MIRANDA HART. She has the job I want. I would write half her series for her, and hang out with David Mitchell and film an episode of Would I Lie To You?.
8. What is a particular odd interest of yours?
Shakespeare. Odd in that most people my age are quite strongly opposed to Shakespeare, and I they look at me strangely when I say that I read three of his plays over the weekend.
9. What do you say to your parents (or anyone) when they tell you to get off Tumblr?
I don’t say anything. I just glare.
10. Do you like noir films? If so, which ones are your favourites?
This is an area in which I am spectacularly ignorant.
11. Are you a daydreamer? And on what general topic do you usually daydream? (e.g. thinking about the future, inventing stories, envisioning scenes on an empty street, you name it!)
I daydream constantly. All the time. About anything and everything. It’s part of why I love to act so much, putting daydreams into action.
What is your favourite meat?
Would you rather drown in a pool of pink wafers, or burn to death in lava?
In which fandom do you participate the most and why?
Name your first ever OTP.
Where do you stand politically?
Winter or summer?
Give me one of your favourite quotations and explain why it means something to you.
Do you have any bizarre phobias?
If you had lived in 1900, what would that society have thought of you, considering your social status, wealth, religious beliefs and personality?
Tweed. Yes or no?
When will the world end?
People I am tagging, though feel free to ignore me if you cannot be bothered: