Kirk/Spock Fic Rec List, Part ii
So here’s 52 different/new Spirk fics. As always, they’re alphabetically organized. New recommendations are always welcome :) [Part i, here.]
- A Bump in the Night by DB2020 — When Halloween coincides with shore leave on Earth, Kirk’s husband and son indulge his illogical love of the holiday. Come nightfall, things that go bump in the night have Kirk on alert. Someone’s following him.
- A Cross-Species Idiot’s Guide to: Romantic Feelings by Gear_King — …And this is why the entire Federation thinks that James Kirk and Spock are in love. No, really.
- A Far Better Place by thejabberwock (artless) – After killing his captain, Spock chooses death.
- A Measure of Worth by heeroluva — An encounter with an Orion slave ship, brings with it an unexpected gift. //
- A Second Chance by ayesakara –An incident during a shore leave gone disastrous leaves Spock with a link he never expected with his captain–a bond he needs but which he suspects Jim never wanted. The consequences of how he deals with that ‘belief’ change everything for them.
- Alien Anatomy by Sangwin – Spock matriculates to Starfleet Academy with a mysterious past and an uncertain future. An unexpected roommate and a (somewhat) unprovoked bar fight are just the research opportunities needed for Spock, Kirk and even McCoy to learn the exact location of an alien heart.
- Always Shall Be by Saucery – The Vulcan ambassador has this kid, all tall and gawky and serious, with shoulders so stiff they might as well be two knobs on a plank of wood. His name’s Spock, and he has the dorkiest hairstyle Jim’s ever seen. It’s like a helmet, smooth and shiny, and Jim wonders if it comes right off, like the plastic hairpieces on those antique Lego sets he used to play with when he was five.
- Among the Clouds by museaway –Spock’s own bonding with T'Pring had been decided by his parents based on mental compatibility. It was logical. Desiring to be with Jim was not.
- Antithesis by annenburg– Kirk is given an assignment he isn’t sure he’ll ever be able to finish. “What would you have done differently in the situation on Tarsus IV?” His childhood nightmare double-spaced in twelve-point font.
- Armchair Psychology by bigmamag –McCoy forces Kirk and Spock to write an ongoing list of things they like about each other. Kirk doesn’t know if he’ll be able to make his weekly quota. At least, not at first.
- AT THE SAME STARS by spicyshimmy –First Officer Spock of the USS Enterprise is part of the away team that discovers the survivors of Tarsus IV. Captain Pike assigns him to the curious case of James Tiberius Kirk, who steals one of Spock’s sweaters. There were no sufficient Vulcan poetics to describe the emptiness of the colony as it was found on the morning of stardate 2249.43. The fully-completed residential sector was neither ugly nor beautiful but simply remote; a hollow landscape of metal alloys and sensible architecture, with determined vegetation growing alongside the support beams. They did not flower.
- Bragging Rights by Ragdoll – Two and a half years into his time at Starfleet Academy, Jim Kirk meets Lieutenant-Commander Spock, and the sparks begin to fly.
- Chicken by centrifuge — Well, that escalated quickly.
- Constellation by Th-bye-la (TextReciprocation) — Jim meets Spock when he’s eight years old. A decade, a famine, and a bar fight later, he falls in love.
- Desideratum by what_alchemy – Desideratum: from the Latin, something lacked and wanted. Spock has certain shore leave habits he’s kept secret for two years. Jim finally crashes his party.