Air Date : July 17th, 2016 Season Number : 3 Episode Number : 10 Episode Name : In My Best Interest Networks : Starz Genres : Drama
James St. Patrick’s dream of leaving the drug game and finding love
with the woman sworn to bring him to justice end before it begins with
the specter of “Ghost” coming back to haunt him? Be careful what you
Casts: Adam Huss, Andy Bean, Lucy Walters, Shane Johnson, Omari Hardwick, Luis Antonio Ramos
- Set in small-town Indiana, still manages to have 40% of it’s ensemble cast be POC, and not one of them is a token either
- 40% of the cast are women. ¾ are POC. All of them are badasses.
- Every single fucking episode is funny. Seriously.
- Perd fucking Hapley. I can’t even explain, you just have to watch
- Pawnee citizens holy hell
- The flawless political commentary behind the Langman’s and the Male Men
- The scene in Comeback Kid where Get On Your Feet is playing and they’re all struggling to walk on ice
- Chris Traeger and his mental illness. They worked it in so that it was comedic, but if it glorified anything, it was asking for help and accepting it.
- Okay just Chris in general
- Gary Jerry Larry Terry Gary Gergich Gengurch Gergich
- Donna, the character who is exactly who she needs to be throughout her life. She acknowledges the need to change her behavior occasionally, but it doesn’t dent her confidence one bit.
- Ann Meredith Perkins, you beautiful sun-ray nurse. The best friend everyone needs. Quirky and grounded and intelligent.
- THE FUCKING SAPERSTEINS
- ESPECIALLY JEAN-RALPHIO
- Everything Tom Haverford has ever said
- Ben fucking Wyatt. I can’t even elaborate without crying and combusting. Much better nerd than any weasel from The Big Bang Theory. Feminist. Best Husband Ever.
- ANYTIME BEN OR LESLIE ARE DRUNK HOLY SHIT
- Cones of Dunshire and Requiem for a Tuesday
- FUCKING ICE TOWN
- April Blart, Mall Cop
- April’s character development *heart eyes*
- Andy and April’s love
- Mouse Rat and hits like The Pit, Catch Your Dream, and
- 5000 CANDLES IN THE WIND
- LIL SEBASTIAN
- Bert Macklin, FBI
- Johnny and Johnathan Karate
- Andy Dwyer, secret genius
- Ron Swanson, the manliest man to ever man, owner of the world’s best character development, hater of Canada and vegans, beautiful beautiful man
- Duke fucking Silver
- I dig your groovy tunes man
- Ben and Leslie’s healthy, realistic, and beautiful relationship
- Benslie proposal
- Benslie wedding
- Ben’s triplets freakout
- the BOX
- Amy Poehler plays the most amazing woman to ever grace any screen. Leslie Knope, a socially inept but selfless woman who dedicates her life to public service, her family, and her friends. Deeply flawed main character that wasn’t made lovable by her unfortunate but relatable love of sugar and hatred of vegetables, but instead by her love for others and thoughtfulness and work ethic and optimism. Food habits aside, her character flaws were acknowledged by the writers, her loved ones, and her. No one is an enabler for Leslie Knope’s bad behavior. When she does something shitty, she gets called on it and apologizes. But at the end of the day, hard work and positivity make a difference, and she achieves her dreams.
- Positivity. The people on this show like each other. They believe in and support each other. They apologize when they’re wrong. They forgive when they’ve been wronged. They go out of their way to make lives better. And it is still funny.