Some Of The Best and Effective Study Tips, Tricks and Hacks in random order.
For my Second Masterpost I thought I would share with you guys the best, effective and some slightly obvious studying tips, tricks and hacks. I hope they are as useful for you guys as they were for me, seriously these tips can really boost your grades, knowledge and your overall effectiveness in studying.
- Make your own study guide
- Use printables to stay organised (more)
- Use a bullet journal
- colour code in class and familiarize yourself with the colours so you can apply it to other classes ( x x)
- Always complete your homework as soon as you get home. This allows you to further revise and review what you have learnt in class and you can use your spare time for other things
- Try to walk to school if you can, this will refresh you mind and give you daily exercise
- Read and do outside research about the subjects or topics you are taking to further grasp the subject better and to maintain your interest in the subject.
- Have a study partner that motivates you and will not distract you
- Always make goals and aims. Be realistic. Have your main goal and have mini steps/aims you need to take to reach that goal. When you do go bigger, dominate the world with your goals
- REALLY IMPORTANT: Make a study group for every class you take. (please if you are shy, try and find someone who your comfortable with.) I can’t express this enough, by doing this you will have a band of students at your call for homework, studying help, exchanging notes. Also if you are ill they will send you work.
- If your teacher dislikes you, suck it up because they can ruin or interfere with your goals. Be nicer to them, stay out of there way and keep your head down.
- Do not buy expensive stationary unless you need it or have the money.
- Try different revision methods
- Try studying apps
- Try Pomodoro method
- Try Cornell note taking method (x , x )
- Do not study all the time. Take breaks, rest- your health is important.
- Always have water at hand
- Also have snacks at hand preferably healthy
- Get a bag that is COMFORTABLE (for example, x, x, x, x,)
- Organise class and revision folders (x)
- When you feel like giving up remember
- I know this is superstitious but I repeat DO NOT TELL EVERYONE YOUR GOALS AND PLANS. Keep your main goals to yourself, never truly reveal because most of the time the people you tell do not want you to succeed and/or might try to interfere with your goals (mini story: my bestfriend at the time always needed help with her school work, I helped her with it 99% of the time including this coursework we had to do, anyways long story short we both did the coursework and in the end she sabotaged mine and i got a U and failed (it was final) and she got an A and passed) maybe I’m overreacting i just want to see you succeed !
- Always complete past papers preferably under timed exam conditions especially for maths and science this is great training.
- Customise your folders and textbooks (if it looks appealing it will encourage you to study)
- Print and learn the specification for the subjects you are studying (its your best-friend; tells you want comes up in the exam and what not)
- If you don’t understand something search the ends of the earth for help I’m talking google, apps, teachers, students hell even the president. DO NOT GO ON WITHOUT FULLY UNDERSTANDING SOMETHING. Especially for maths and science.
- Save time for intensive studying once a week. Use this time wisely to go over anything you don’t understand or to revise.
- Looking at what you are about to study before class ALWAYS helps.
- Rewrite and look over your notes after lesson or in your free period. This REALLY saved my life! It helps to solidify what you’ve learnt and you can use this time to clarity what you don’t understand..
- Always prepare for school the day before. prepare your clothes, your notes and homework.
- This seems so obvious but DO NOT HANG WITH FRIENDS AND MESS ABOUT WHEN YOU HAVE TO BE STUDYING YOU WILL FAIL OR REGRET IT
- That being said you should try to fit in and plan when you can see your friends
- PLAN PLAN PLAN, PLAN EVERYTHING. time management is key.
- Read the exam before attempting, boy did this help me, I’m telling you this saved my life. your brain will start remembering all that information you were revising.
- Try to get motivated see (x or x).
- Try to sleep on time .
- Learn how to prioritize, that doesn't necessarily mean choosing to meet with friends or study. It’s sometimes means which subject/tasks need more attention or work.
- Try to improve your handwriting - you know when you’re in an exam and your handwriting is all pretty and then by the end of the exam its a joke well (x)
- Have a clean study space, it promotes better productivity and eases the mind.
- That being said create a dedicated area (if you study in a place where you are conditioned to do other things like eating, sleeping, playing games or being a lazy potato it is going to be hard to get into studying so find a area specific for studying eg a library)
- Avoid using your phone when studying. If you can’t, switch it off.
- Attempt an exam timetable so you don’t have to cram before exam and try start earlier - you will feel less stressed.
- Teach someone what you have learnt, you can identify gaps in your understand easily when you are trying to explain something to someone.
- Try to have right mindset before starting the new school year or class even because hard work, determination and disciple gets you those grades or goal not laziness or the “I’ll start tomorrow” attitude.
- Try to be interactive in class. It shows your teacher that you not only care about the subject but that you want to learn.
- Ask the smart kid for help in class, hell even be the smart kid (joking don’t over work yourself) the smartest person in class most of the time knows a lot more than everyone else, curious about what they know ask them. How do they study? When do they study? What time they wake up? How they take notes? What resources they use? How do they revise? How do they review? What do they recommend? Hell even what they eat for breakfast. I’m not telling you they know the answers to the universe, if they don’t tell you ask Studyblrs (for example @studylove @study-harder @studyign @joolshallie @obsidianstudy @areistotle and that’s just a few)
- Legit one of the best ways to review your work.
- Make posters of each chapter/section of the subject. Make it stand out. This allows you to summarise that section in a poster so when you have to look back you only have to look at the poster.
- Really important videos: how to study effectively with flashcards?, how to read faster? Study Less Study Smart
- LASTLY, EFFORT NEVER FAILS. If you put in the hard work you will see it. also NEVER EVER MEASURE YOUR SUCCESS FROM SOMEBODY ELSES ACHIEVEMENTS.
I HOPE THIS HELPS
If you have any questions, suggestions or advice feel free to message me.
I will make more detailed tips, tricks and hacks so don’t forget to follow.
reblog to help a person out