Ok so I refuse to believe Lucius Malfoy was a abusive parent/spouse .He was a awful person who made awful choices, and mistreated House elves.
Ok so I don’t think Draco and Narcissa would follow Voldemort if it wasn’t for their love of Lucius.
Narcissa wasn’t a death eater and could have switched sides whenever she wanted and taken Draco with her. It logical that if she truly loved Lucius she would have supported him even if she didn’t agree.
Draco worships his father if he wasn’t a person worthy of his worship Draco wouldn’t worship him. (cuz we all now Draco likes people for 2 reason their worth to him and their usefulness).
(plus he was friends with Snape and Snape wouldn’t take him being abusive)
Lucius Malfoy: Squish Headcannons
- He totally either sang or read to Draco when he wasn’t busy.
- If Draco had a nightmare after the exceptable age to share a bed with your parents so Lucius just move his and Narcissa’s bed into his room.So he wasn’t alone but it was still proper
- Draco learned to not be very emotive at a young age but Lucius was very adept at reading him.
- Lucius would brush Narcissa’s hair if she had to do something she didn’t like that day.
- He would put up with Draco’s letter about Harry/Potter.
- He knew how attached Draco was to Harry long before Draco did.
- He is a terrible cover hog.
- He likes crappy wizard boy band ( but we’re not supposed to know that).
- In private(because pure bloods are all about being proper) him and Narcissa are that gross affectionate couple.