Ok so. The league throws Hal and Bruce a joint party, as their birthdays are one after the other right. So picture this:
- Dick and Hal are just being Themselves™ showing each other their ‘party tricks’ (Dick is walking around on his hands balancing Lian Harper on his feet, and Bruce doesn’t even know what Hal is doing but he’s being so loud.. he doesn’t want to know ok he needs a break)
- Damian keeps threatening to stab Guy in the face if the man offers him another animal balloon.. hes not five like Arsenal’s spawn he doesn’t want that fuck you lantern I’ll destroy you (that break.. sounds really appealing… especially because Damian loves animal balloons.. he’s just being like that on purpose..)
- Tim and Stephanie are watching the whole affair with their phones out, one of them giving Guy suggestions for the next animal, and the other flat out trying to provoke Damian into taking action already. Cass is sitting near them, watching like a hawk, but considering her smile Bruce knows she won’t stop any of them unless she sees blood. Bruce knows interfering might make things worse and honestly… that break outside…
- Jason is nowhere to be seen which just screams trouble and just thinking of all the possibilities… this was such a bad idea
- Duke, God bless Duke, is just in the corner talking to the newest lanterns, smiling at something Jessica is saying. Then Bruce sees that they’re looking at Damian and Guy, and that they have money on their hands and Simon has his eyes glued to his wrist watch. Bruce is gonna take that break outside and ignore they’re most likely beting on how long it will take Damian to snap, he’s too old for this.
- Of course, as soon as he steps outside the hall where the party is happening, he finds Jason. Jason, making out against a wall with Kyle Rayner.
- next time Diana sends him notice of an urgent meeting just a day after his birthday he’s going to follow his instincts and go off the grid for a few weeks, consequences be damned. He’s not strong enough to go through this again. He just isn’t.