you wake up on a medical table. a stranger tells you you were shot in the head and he fixed you up. you have no scars, no marks of surgery, and he has no surgical tools. he shows you ink blot pictures to test your mind, yet your mind is restricted to one of five answers.
you read a 200 year old comic book given to you by a stranger. and another. and another. you become invisible to the naked eye, but only when you crouch.
you have seen things stirring in the water. they are fast, too fast for you to touch. you know what they are, you have eaten several that others have captured, but cannot place a name to them.
you black out when you leave The Strip. you wake up thirty minutes earlier; everything you had done, just a dream.
you speak to your own brain. it blames you for putting it in danger. you blame it for putting you in danger. you would rather speak to your spine.
a group of raiders run at you, weapons at the ready. everyone freezes, nobody moves. nobody blinks. nobody breathes. when you unfreeze, they are all dead.
you can not recall ever being thirsty. you take a sip from your trusty vault 13 canteen.
“This person in this one image I’ve cherry-picked isnt the same exact color as they are in this other image I’ve cherry-picked and therefore the people behind it are racist whitewashing garbage.”
let me share something with you.
believe it or not, this is yes– me as a fetus.
Fetus me, outside my house before the concert!! on the SAME DAY [ im even wearing the same shirt]
((whispers)) skin, especially dark skin, can and will look VERY different depending on the lighting, indoors vs outdoors, and the camera itself. Good artists/photographers will take this into consideration.
Now can we please stop having a fit every time a dark-skinned person looks lighter in a damn picture?
although weirdly enough out of all the people i can remember pete interacting with in the show, as far as i can tell, hes only taller than sonny and daniela,, which is weird to think about, he just seems really tall because he literally only stands by tiny tiny sonny
even so! he’s the perfect height,,
the perfect height difference for hugs and forehead kisses,, how lucky we all are
Ultimate passing tips list for pre-t transguys (and some other tips too)
Yes passing is a social construct yada yada yada but if you want some tips to look like a average joe cis male and pass for say bathroom situations or in public this is for you. I know you can wear whatever you want and do whatever you want but these things can help you pass if that’s what you want. This is info I’ve gathered over the years and stuff I’ve learnt myself too so i thought i’d put them in one place.
This stuff works for me, i pass all the time basically even if i am perceived as a younger guy that’s fine by me.
its pretty lengthy so the topics are facial hair, hair, jaw, voice, height, hips, packing, binding, swimming, working out, foods, body language, clothes and bathrooms.
“No one just starts giggling and wearing black and signs up to become a
villainous monster. How the hell do you think it happens? It happens to
people. Just people. They make questionable choices, for what might be
very good reasons. They make choice after choice, and none of them is
slaughtering roomfuls of saints, or murdering hundreds of baby seals, or
rubber-room irrational. But it adds up. And then one day they look
around and realized that they’re so far over the line that they can’t
remember where it was.”
Why do you love Marichat? Which aspects do you like of this couple, that I crazily love too? ♥
I like the platonic aspect of it. When I joined the fandom, I knew it was a ship show, so the first thing I looked for was : “which one is the platonic ship”, and that’s mostly because i had just came from the Gravity Falls and HTTYD
fandoms , in which the platonic releationships are more important than the romantic ones (not saying that the romantic ones were bad, all the opposite, Hiccstrid (from httyd) is a very good couple, but it’s not the main focus).
And so I chose Marichat.
Not going to tell here all the amount of things I did to understand the ship (too long lmao) but I’m going to tell that what I enjoy of the dynamic (mostly from fanfics/headcanons since there isnt a lot of interactions between them)
It gives them time to develop as friends
It allows Marinette to see that there’s more than the usual flirt behind Chat’s behaviour. It allows her to see him more as a human and that for him, being a superhero means not only duty.
Chat cant tell a lot because of “identity issue” but he can hear Marinette talk about her hobbies and what she likes. As Adrien he doesnt have much time to talk to Marinette (really how many lines have they shared in the show?) so him visiting as Chat gaves him an excuse. And he doesnt have to give explanations to his father to go out.
The fact that Adrien likes so much Marinette’s company that he wants to visit her even after school.
Fanfic usual trope: Chat feeling like he is in home with Marinette.
The competitiviness between the two.
“I’m a damsel. I’m in distress. I can handle this.”
Blushy Chat when Marinette decides to dress as him.
Blushy Chat when Marinette counter-attacks his puns.
Blushy Chat when Marinette flirts backs and cat son is not prepared for that.
Chat purring when Marinette brushes his hair and she is one discovering it. Him being a total cat with her.
(coming out soon in the actual show *fangirls*)
Marinette defending Chat when someone talks bad about him. Bonus: Adrien hearing it. More Bonus: Adrien blushing at it.
Chat looking for comfort in Marinette (especially after an argument with his father, i love angst)
™ (canon nickname Adrien has for Marinette)
And that’s mostly it, altho I’m sure im forgetting some points here haha.
alphys and sans probably watch Sharknado and throw popcorn on the screen and neither of them want to admit that they think the movie’s kinda good because if you like Sharknado that says a lot about you as a person, and they’re already like 98% garbage
they also text each other outdated memes and badly drawn pictures of each other they made in MS Paint
sometimes they talk about inviting burgerpants over, but neither of them know him, they just think he’s pathethic enough to join their Sad Nerds Club™
alphys tells sans about her weird ships and shows him fanfics she’s written about her and asgore and he’s like What The Fuck Is Wrong With You
they also get drunk and prank call mettaton during one of his shows and then they get so embarressed neither of them leave their houses for at least 3 weeks
I’ve seen a lot of people criticizing the writing for Voltron Season 2. One of the criticisms that people seem to have is that they feel as if the narrative forced Allura to apologize to Keith when she shouldn’t have.
I’ll start off by saying that I think this is a very beautiful scene, and that I personally think it was handled very well. It’s one of my favorite scenes from Season 2.
I don’t think the writers included this scene to imply that her hatred of the Galra Empire was unreasonable, or that her initial reaction to finding out Keith was part Galra was something she should be looked down upon for.
Allura made the best decision, both as a person and as a Princess, by apologizing to Keith. After discovering Keith is part Galra, she snubbed him. The snubbing didn’t last long because she came around rather quickly, but imagine if she hadn’t apologized. What would she have done? Kept snubbing Keith? Imagine how many problems that could have caused for Team Voltron.
morale would be lowered if Allura kept hating Keith, which in turn would cause the team’s
efficiency to be lowered as well. Emotions would start running high, and a divide would form. It could very well have lead to Keith feeling the need to leave Team Voltron.
But that didn’t happen. Shechose to apologize. No one forced her, everyone gave her some space because they understood how deeply she had been hurt by the Galra Empire (although it was clear that the other paladins felt that the snubbing was unfair, this was demonstrated when Hunk spoke up for Keith).
What’s more, Allura’s judgement of Keith WAS unfair. Keith literally did nothing wrong. In fact, he actually proved his loyalty to Voltron by showing that he was willing to give up learning about his past. He grew up as an orphan, he’s probably been searching for answers about his past for the MAJORITY OF HIS LIFE. He was willing to give up something he fought so hard for the team. He’s proud to be a paladin of Voltron. The rest of the Paladins + Allura and Coran are the closest to a real family he’s ever had.
I’ve seen people liken the Galra to space nazis, so I’ll roll with that comparison for a second. Galra is a race/species, NOT an ideology. So much in the same way that German =/= Nazi, Galra =/= Space Nazi. What’s more, we’ve been shown in canon that there are good Galra (The Blades of Marmora). Not to mention Keith didn’t even KNOW he was part Galra until very recently. He’s not even Galra passing.
Imagine finding out that you’re part German (while not being white passing), and immediately after, someone in your friend group (who are basically the only family you have) starts hating you because of it. It’s just not fair.
edit: I’d like to clarify that I don’t think people should call Allura a racist. Just saw one of the ladies on the AfterBuzz show do that and it was ridiculous.
If you may, I'd like to request a human trans woman Meulin posing for a photo, with a big smile and holding up both hands with peace signs. She's wearing her usual skirt, but is wearing a white, baggy t-shirt that says, in big black letters "ONE YEAR ON HRT" that Nepeta probably got printed for her. She is Inuit/Black mixed and has long, black hair. She's also chubby. Thank you very much, everyone.
• Their favorite hangouts are the local theatre, chorus room, the thesbian dressing rooms, drama room, and the choir teacher’s office
• Always singing show tunes like it’s an all day every day musical
• Most of their wardrobe consists of tee shirts from past plays they’ve put on, broadway shows they’ve gone to, or dress shoes dunno why just dress shoes maybe a peacoat
• If you don’t know every word to RENT or can break out into the dance choreography to Oklahoma or Westside Story at the drop of a hat you can’t hang around them :/
• No boundaries between people at all?? you’re at the library and all of a sudden one is sitting on your desk snapping their fingers to a tune in their head???
• They always walk around in packs and smell like coffee from all those “totally long late nights at the auditorium practicing those knee slides amiright?”
• The kid who volunteers first for things just so they can get up in the front of the class and put on a “show” like you’re doing a math presentation you don’t gotta go full Danny Zuko here it isn’t grease lightning pointing out those square roots
• They somehow are always tight with the drama/chorus teacher and comment on their facebook photos
• it’s not theater…. it’s “theatre”
• Probably smoking weed with the sound and lights guy in the storage closet while wearing a shirt advertising their next musical
• the bigger the hair on the guys the better the talent by golly
• animated…. why are they all so animated all the time where is the off switch
• they have inside jokes with other theater kids from 14 years ago that have to do with that one person missing their cue or that one wardrobe malfunction
• pronounces musical as “musiCAL”
• “yeah Hamilton was good and all but isnt it a bit mainstream? burns me up to see all these people buying tickets to see a show they can’t fully appreciate like you don’t even know your plays man how can you compare”
• very SEXUALLY ACTIVE?? giving head in the auditorium? Feeling each other up backstage before they go on? hooking up probably on the main stage in between practice? in-character roleplaying even when you’re doing a seussical??
• do any of them not have the famously known two acting masks icon as a pin or a ring? (whatever it’s called)
• always at the school at weird times because of the productions and “complaining” about it as a way of boasting and advertising
• the callback sheets are god’s letter into heaven
• always carrying lemon and honey no matter what?? it’s always there? pull it out of their bra? underwear? shoe?
• no no no no it’s not actor it’s actOr
• “there’s no small parts just small actors!”
• getting into a car with them & hanging out with them is like being that one character in every movie that does not understand why a musical is going on around them
• Sometimes checking back at the old high school to judge the new talent in the plays
• always keeping a stash of stage makeup on hand in case an opportunity turns up
• Military boot camp is nothing if you’ve survived TECH WEEK. That calls for the upmost celebration
• they all love kale this is fact don’t fight me on it they do probably smoke it out of a bong