Quinn’s 3rd Annual OC October Aesthetic Edition, Day 23: August Gainer
August here has been through his fair share of shit. When he was eleven he was struck by lightning. When he was twelve he discovered that surviving that had given him the power to control people by talking to them in a certain tone of voice. By thirteen he was terrified of speaking after telling a kid to go play in traffic and having him do it, and at fourteen he witnessed his abusive father and creepy babysitter jump out a fourth floor window after he told them both to “just go away!”
Practically mute and sufficiently traumatized, August ended up at a school for people with mutant powers they weren’t exactly prepared for. The idea was to teach them to control their powers and reintegrate into society. The people there were actually able to help this scared teenager learn to control his powers and to not be afraid of his own voice. August was considered the shining star of the “Powered Individual’s Readjustment to Societal Expectations” (AKA PIRSE) class designed to help people get back into the swing of regular life, since if they could turn someone so scared with such a volatile super power into someone ready to rejoin society, they could do it for anyone. But when August graduated, the school offered him the position of teaching the PIRSE class since only a year ago he’d been where so many of these scared kids were. Not eager to go back into a life that had left him so emotionally scarred, August agreed.
Despite being only nineteen, August has an old soul and is frequently mistaken for older. Everything he’s been though left him with some quirks: He frequently lapses into periods of silence when talking one on one with someone or writing down what he wants to say instead of talking. He tends to sleep with all the windows and doors open to fend off flashbacks to his father locking him in his bedroom. He’s very protective of young children while at the same time is nervous about coming off creepy. He’s scared of heights, lightning, tight spaces, and paces when he’s anxious. But it would’ve been easy for someone who’s been through so much shit in such a short life to have turned cruel but August refuses to succumb to that. More than anything, he just wants to help people.
And yes, people includes one stubborn boy who’s failed the PIRSE class twice already and just last year was August’s classmate. A stubborn boy with a lot of rage and anger and a power worse than even August’s. But August is stubborn too and so help him this guy’s gonna graduate whether he wants to or not.
You can’t tell me Qrow didn’t win Baby Ruby over by making her a rose flower crown, and sequentially turning her into his biggest adoring fan, you just can’t ok!
Sorry for being a bit inactive lately! I’ve been dealing with a lot of stuff and just needed to take a break, but I’m gonna work hard and make lots of new RWBY content if it kills me! Till next time~
( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
10 Alternative Titles for The Picture of Dorian Gray:
• 101 Times Lord Henry Should Have Shut His Cynical Whore Mouth
• I Kissed a Boy, and More Embarrassingly, My Own Portrait, and I Liked It
• I’m a Murderer, but Everything is Perspective
• Although I’m a Complete Wanker, I Am Infact a Victim of Suggestion Under the Influence of Another Complete Wanker
• Narcissism and Consequences
• If You’re Not Young and Pretty You May as Well Just Die
• Personalities Don’t Seem So Ugly When Surrounded With Beautiful Things
• Selling Your Soul for a Picture Probably Isn’t Worth It
• Being Philosophical and Being Intelligent are Not Always the Same Things
• It’s Okay to be Gay As Long As You Get Rid of the Body
I’ve been exploring Junkertown and taking tons of screenshots, and here are some thoughts. I am so sorry for the massiveness of this post omg, please feel free to blacklist #long post if you need to!
The Queen of Junkertown is a BABE and I’m in love with her and also very gay. Also the flag of Junkertown is bomb, and I adore looking at all the various signage, it adds so much flavor to the map
Even a lawless society has to have a few rules, and those rules basically amount to: start shit, get hit
Junkrat and Roadhog really are hated by everyone, oh my god. Shoot them on sight. I love it.
“Watch your step!” Perhaps where Junkrat got his singsong line every time he lays a trap that someone triggers?
It looks like they’ve got a hatch in the floor there. (Edit: It’s been confirmed that it’s a pressure plate!! There’s two of them, if two people stand on them, it opens up a hidden treasure room!)
They have an entire fucking vending machine of pachimari, this is the most extra thing I’ve ever seen, I’m crying
Roadhog makes his own hogdrogen, and it looks like it starts out as a yellow sloshy liquid.
There’s a fish head in their kitchen area – I’ve always believed that Roadhog’s a vegetarian because of his anti-meat patches. Maybe he’s a
pescatarian? Or maybe it’s just Junkrat who’s eating the fish?
Lots of chains hanging from the ceiling, probably to refill Roadhog’s chain hook
Everyone’s already pointed out that there’s only one bed in Junkrat and Roadhog’s base. Things Roadhog needs to sleep: an oxygen tank, a fan, and food. Look at all those dirty dishes. Someone pointed out that Junkrat has his own place to sleep and argued that this proves the base is only Roadhog’s house and thus they’re not sleeping together. Which is. Such a reach, why are you so vehemently against the implications that these two are together. Anyways, Junkrat does have a couch set up in his workshop with a blanket and a pillow and a fridge and a sink, but I don’t buy for a second that he actually lives there full time. He has too much of an established presence in the base for it to be just Roadhog’s house – he’s got those grenades and spray cans everywhere, and I’m pretty sure he’s the one chugging those soft drinks by the cooler.
And these assholes eat their meals together like a married couple. Junkrat’s got the tiny bowl and the normal-ish chair and the entire pot of coffee, Roadhog’s got the big bowl and the tire-seat chair and the sensible single cup of coffee (Edit: I can’t believe I didn’t notice this until someone pointed it out – they stole Roadhog’s chair from the takeaway, look!). What domestic little shits. No, Junkrat’s workshop is just a workshop with some amenities, bc the man
absolutely loses track of time when he’s tinkering and it’s easier to
crash in his mad lab than go back to sleep with Roadhog, imo.
THE PLAN: Junkrat’s boundless enthusiasm makes me smile.
They have two chairs on their front porch with a cooler and some drinks in between them. Imagine these two just. Sitting on the porch together and sharing a drink. They’re so married, I’m l i v i n g for this domestic shit.
On the subject of Junkrat’s workshop: he actually does play cricket! Or he at least owns a cricket paddle (okay, cricket BAT, you fucking animals, i know shit about sports, just humor me w my lack of sports knowledge here)
Junkrat has a safe that’s covered in DANGER, NO ENTRY, GO BACK signs and that’s hilarious to me. Also hilarious: his “NO TRESPASSING“ sign over a door that’s boarded up from the inside.
It looks like both Junkrat and Roadhog got their tattoos at Swagman’s Needlepoint! Roadhog’s Wild Hog Power design is marked as sold. Junkrat’s bicep tattoo is also up on the wall!
I guess there’s?? A thriving music scene in Junkertown?? Where is the Mad Max flamethrower guitarist
Sanji wanted some revenge after the gang teased him about his breakup (viola left him at a mc donalds lol) so he put sleeping pills to their dinner. And soooooo, when everyone fell asleep…this happened
ALRIGHT BRACE YOURSELVES BECAUSE THIS IS A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG POST (literally, 40 images)
I’M SO SORRY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEASE FORGIVE MEEE THIS IS SO LONG OMG I’m sure y’all gonna be like WHAT BITCH PLEASE I AIN’T READING THIS THING but GIVE IT A GO I SWEEAR IT’S WORTH IT
-Daehyun is upset that the kids seat on the shopping cart is too tiny for him, Himchan regrets bringing him already
-Youngjae is frustrated. He has managed to pull every door that says ‘slide to open’
-Junhong is upset at the lack of spongebob boxers for adults
-The slowest man in Korea has managed to piss off people in the fast lane, he smiles to apologise, they melt
-Jongup is still in the cereal aisle
-Himchan and Daehyun are fighting about who will pull the cart
-Youngjae stares at the hair dyes available for 15 minutes, picks brown
-Yongguk is explaining why buying water is important to a couple of 3 year old kids
-Junhong has somehow managed to lock himself in the dairy freezer
-Daehyun has eaten at every taste test counter and now Himchan refuses to buy him dinner
-Youngjae has distanced himself from those two
-Yongguk is still with the kids, now advertising tigger plushies and gum care
-Jongup takes a break to get nesquik and returns to the cereal aisle
-Himchan and Daehyun are now fighting about who will handle money
-Junhong takes the money, there’s too much loving yelling for HimDae to notice
-Youngjae momentarily returns to remove the salt from the cart, assuring HimDae he has enough
-Youngjae also hides the last packet of chicken so Daehyun can’t get it, but it’s turkey, he failed.
-Junhong is now talking to the staff, he has strong opinions about tomato being a fruit
-Daehyun sees Jam and starts to sing “That’s My Jam”, Himchan has given up
-Jongup can’t decide on cereal
-HimDae are now fighting about who can yodel better, a crowd has gathered around them
-Yongguk walks straight past them, grabs Youngjae and leaves
-Junhong has spent all the money on dog treats for Mochi, frowns at shirts because ‘who wears those’ on his way out
-Al*kpop publishes an article in the next hour with footage, “B.A.P’s Himchan and Daehyun leaving group to pursue yodelling careers”
AFTERWORD: The store has shut. The manager is just ensuring all lights are off and no one is here. It’s dark, he’s manoeuvring his torch, but he can feel a presence. “Is anyone there?”, he calls, his voice trembling. There’s a sudden noise, and his eyes are now on a small boy dressed in white, with razor sharp features and light hair. The boy takes steps towards him, clearly armed with something. The manager is about to flee, but the boy….squints. “Where do I pay for the cereal?”
Aeons ago an anon asked for some shippy art featuring Meulin with someone other than Kurloz, and you know, as dope as Meuloz is, Meulin should definitely get around some more if ya ask me! So how about her sharing some dank catnip with Damara B) I think this is called “shotgunning”
- will drink your coffee/tea and make a grimace for you because “there’s too much sugar here, pet”
- call on your phone in the middle of the day to ask what’s the name of the song you were listening early, because now it’s stuck in his head
- wakes you in the middle of the night just because he remembered the thing he wanted to tell your earlier but couldn’t remember
- put both hands between his thighs when he’s watching a scary movie, for safety of course
- tries to persuade inanimate objects to do things in the way he want, like when the printer is too slow and he tries to convince it to be faster, as if it could hear/ answer him
- still get nervous when he has to talk with your father, calling him Mr and Sir all the time, even after your father said that it wasn’t necessary
- pull you to sit on his lap while he’s talking on the phone, kissing and biting your back/neck/shoulder while you giggle
- say “who yeh’re smiling at?” while you scroll down on your phone as fast as possible so he won’t know that you were smiling at the pics of him with his fans in his last trip
- put a pillow under his shirt while you complete your nightly routine, rubbing his belly, looking at you and saying “see? I’m having your baby”
- Do a weird medley of songs while he sings in the shower, going from “twinkle twinkle little star” to “woman” and finishing with “isn’t she lovely?”, always thanking the ‘audience’ for having him
- hold you from behind after you shower and says “I’m gonna smell yeh till all the perfume fade away”
- will braid your hair while you’re siting between his legs on the floor, reading out loud a old poetry book he found in a book fair
- tries to twerk when he’s sure that no one is watching
- put his cold hands on your neck just to see your body shiver with it
- has a smug smile on his face after he listened to you talking with your friend and saying how much you love him and how good you feel when you’re with him
- pouts deeply when he’s thinking about something important and you feel the need to kiss the
wrinkle on his forehead, making him smile with that
- get embarrassed when you start to poke his dimple and teasing him about how pretty he is, and how seductive his dimples are
- loves when your mom tell him stories about your childhood, asking for her if he can take some pictures of the little you - in a bath, playing with a pink ball - with him, saying that if you don’t let him sleep on your arms tonight, he’ll post them tomorrow on twitter
- cries every time he watch “The Notebook”, hiding his face on your neck and asking you if “yeh’ gonna love me till I get old? Even if I don’t remember who yeh are?” as you promise him that yes, you’ll always love him, no matter what
- smiles embarrassed when you look at this hands and say “ omg harry you’re naked!” because he’s without his rings™, hiding his hands behind his back
first, sorry for taking so long do to this! it’s been months since you asked me and i was procrastinating as usual. second, thanks to @theheadcanonsawakens (ridicula) and @stylishmuser for helping me! i love you both very much a lot!