HC’s on Naruto and Sasuke’s S/o Going into Labor and Giving Birth
@arkhamsnight Oh sweetie you could never be annoying. It’s these asks that keep me busy and help me see that people want to read my writing, so I’m grateful for every ask that comes my way! I hope these are okay! I didn’t kill any of the s/o’s because I couldn’t bring myself (which is odd because I literally live for angst). But anyway, here is part one. Part Two will be published in the next 10-15 minutes!
- I have a feeling that Naruto’s s/o is gonna be really casual about the whole thing. Reason being because she’s done with the whole pregnant thing (all of them are tbh). She feels like shamu; her shoes don’t fit her anymore; she hates her favorite food, but LOVES her least favorite food; and she has to pee like 10-15 times A DAY. She wants to TAP tf OUT.
- It’d probably go something like this
- His s/o would be chilling on the couch, feet up, hands on her stomach, when she says “Hey Naruto!”
- He’d be in the nursery trying to assemble the crib, although he would struggle because the crib came from the Ninja version of IKEA and Naruto has never been one for directions…so imagine him dealing with directions in a different language, “Yeah, what’s up?”
- “I…I think my water broke.” (Poor s/o, she has trouble getting up, It’s like watching a beached turtle)
- Just like before, he’s gonna HEAR the words, but not really process them, “Oh, neat!”
- His wife is going to lay there and stare at the ceiling while she counts down, “3…2…1.”
- Cue Naruto barging into the living room, “YOUR WATER BROKE?! ARE YOU OKAY? ARE YOU HAVING CONTRACTIONS? HOW FAR APART ARE THEY? DO YOU FEEL THE NEED TO PUSH? PLEASE DON’T GIVE BIRTH ON THE COUCH-“
- “UNLESS you want me to give birth on this couch, help me up and take me to the hospital.”
- “Right, hospital, that’s a great idea.”
- He’s going to be in such a state of panic that he just scoops his wife up and off the couch, completely forgets the overnight bag and poof, gone. They’re off to the hospital.
- During contractions Naruto is super great at coaching his partner with breathing techniques. He’ll help his s/o with slow breathing, fast breathing, any breathing in general. Sakura forced him to take a fuck ton of lamaze classes.
- Distractions! Naruto is fantastic with distractions, he’ll be cracking jokes left ’n’ right. He will constantly maintain eye contact when a bad contraction happens and hell, he’ll even go as far to piss them off so they can focus on their anger instead of their contractions.
- When it’s time to push and for the baby to come his anxiety level raises 20 fold. His wife has to coach him now and tell him to breathe (a slap in the face usually pulls him out of it). Because he’ll realize that SHE needs him and SHE needs him to be there for her.
- He’ll definitely let her break his hand, he’ll let her cuss him out if she so chooses, but he’ll be the biggest coach out there. Telling her to push, keep up the good work, wipe the sweat off of her head, hold her down, all that jazz.
- Naruto is going to be the only one out of these guys to go look at the money shot or the baby coming out of his wife’s vagina. He’s going to take one look, turn pale, and then slowly return to his wife. He’s seen it all now, he’s cool to die. (Childbirth is beautiful, but there’s a lot of blood and feces can be involved more often than not, so it’s a tad gross)
- The other guys are too smart to look.
- I don’t really see any complications happening with this one.
- And with that final push, when the baby cries, Naruto is going to be consumed with pride and he almost thinks this can’t be real, considering where he started and everything in the middle, this obviously can’t be happening to him. But he’ll be pulled out of it when the nurse asks him if he wants to cut the umbilical chord.
He’s just going to be so happy that his wife had a smooth delivery and that he has a baby!
- Sasuke’s wife is not only tired of pregnancy, but she’s tired of dealing with Sasuke while pregnant. Whenever she had mood swings and got snippy, he wouldn’t dial down his usual attitude and would argue with her, worsening her mood. 60% of the time he lacked empathy and that drove her up a wall. And when she needed something, he’d probably have Team Taka go get it for her. Oh yeah, while he’s been away, he’s had Team Taka stay with his wife for maximum comfort and protection. The best one out of all of them was Jugo, he was a total sweetheart. Suigetsu was Suigetsu and Karin was medically helpful, but other than that she wasn’t the greatest person to be around (for obvious reasons).
- But as the final months of the pregnancy occurred, Sasuke’s wife made sure he stayed with her so he wouldn’t miss the delivery. Atoning for his sins could wait.
- Here’s how I imagine it going:
- The two would probably be asleep, or close to asleep in bed.
- “Hey (S/o’s name)…”
- “Did…Did you just pee the bed?”
- “No. My water probably just broke.”
- There’s going to be a moment of silence where the two of them don’t register what’s happened because they’re just really tired. Then both will shoot up and look at each other.
- “Sasuke, the baby’s coming.”
- “Yes it is. We should get to the hospital.”
- Sasuke, in a state of panic would try and use his rinnegan to get them to the hospital faster. But his wife would yell at him saying “that would probably hurt the baby!” or “there was nothing about rinnegan in the expectancy books so maybe we should’t do that!”
- Now all of Team Taka is going to be there, because all of them have grown attached to Sasuke’s wife in some way shape or form. Also, they all have specific jobs:
- Karin - Ice chip duty. Mostly because it involves her being away from Sasuke’s wife. It’s not that she hates Sasuke’s wife, it’s more of a jealousy thing.
- Suigetsu - Distraction. Similar to Naruto, this boy is going to crack jokes until someone staples his mouth shut. He’s also going to rely on slap-stick comedy and rip limbs off as a part of skits. He’ll also get into arguments with Karin just so Sasuke’s wife has something to watch and participate in.
- Jugo - He’s the one who went to the lamaze classes, so he’s helping Sasuke’s wife through contractions. He’s also going to fluff her pillow and get her extra blankets if need be.
- Sasuke is letting his wife crush his only good hand. He wasn’t there for lamaze class so he has no idea how to coach his s/o. He’s also never been good with words so he’s not good at encouraging them. He’s probably having an internal panic attack. There’s about to be another Uchiha in this world and it’s his. Like, he’s still trying to process that he’s having a child. He thought God would punish him and not allow him to have such a joy. And yet here he is.
- When it’s time to deliver the baby, Team Taka leaves, wishing the couple luck. Sasuke just shuts up and lets his wife do her thing. He welcomes any insults come his way, he lets her destroy his hand, and when he sees her start to cry from all the pain he just leans his forehead against her temple. It’s a sentimental thing and it does provide some comfort.
- When the baby is born he does cut the umbilical chord and then sits down next to his wife’s bed. He’s more emotionally exhausted than you think, he was probably fading in and out of mental consciousness during the delivery.
- He lets his wife hold the baby first, he needs to prepare himself for that. But! He does stare lovingly at the two, and keeps a keen eye on his child in his wife arms.
- He instantly falls in love with the baby and his eyes actually soften, but don’t point that out to him :)