I think that one of my favorite things as a kid was right after a powwow my ma and I decided to go with her then fiance to an ice cream shop with some of our regalia and leathers still on. Out of nowhere a little girl comes out, points and yells:
“LOOK MOMMY! INDIANS!”
My ma without missing a beat turned around, pointed at her and screamed, “LOOK JEFF! A WHITE GIRL!”
Concept: Fashion disaster Adrien Agreste is gonna start dressing much nicer when he starts dating Mari. And people are gunna ask if he’s wearing new designs by his dad and he’s gonna say no and proudly show everyone a pic of his gf with the fondest look on his face when he tells them who the real designer is.
A few thoughts after my 12th viewing of The Last Jedi…
1. In the elevator scene, they show Rey on the side that’s lit, but Ben is split between light and dark. Even as the camera pans in close to him, there is still a sliver of light on him.
2. You can actually see a tear track down his face when he’s proposing. He was sweaty, but there was a distinguished tear that slid down his face as well. (No, my heart is not recovered yet).
3. People say Ben has not smiled, which is 100% wrong. He had two small smiles (look, I just stared at his face for like 2.5 hours, like literally that’s what I came for). First was when she asked him if he could put on a something, he had a small smirky smile that happened so quickly. The second time is immediately after he kills Snoke and she stands up with the saber. It happens just as he’s igniting his saber to fight along side her.
4. Continuing on my ‘stare at Ben Solo’ topic…when Rey rejects him and reaches out for the saber instead of his hand, the look of betrayal and devastation on his face literally breaks my heart. It happens so quickly, because the focus returns to their hands fighting over the saber.
5. I’m 99.99998% sure that Rose and Finn stole Snoke’s escape pod. Meanwhile Hux thought it was Rey. Which leads me to…
6. Ben thinks Rey is in the Resistance cave. He doesn’t realize she is in the Falcon, IMO that’s why he orders the ship to be blasted from the sky. He just thinks it’s Finn and/or Chewie flying it. It also makes his line about pushing through because the last of the Resistance is in the cave. He’s wanting to get to his REYsistance and convince her to join him. Like I’m about 85% convinced that is why he is so desperate to get to the surface and get into the Resistance base. Hux wants to do it because he is like a rabid dog wanting to end the Resistance. For Ben, he wants to get to Rey. His “no prisoners” would exclude her.
7. When Ben says he killed Han Solo, there are tears in his eyes. You can see them form as he tries to say that he’s given everything to the dark side.
8. The more I look at Snoke, the more I’m convinced someone set his body on fire, unfortunately he didn’t die. But it could help in trying to figure out who he was before he became the Supreme Leader.
9. They really missed their opportunity calling the foxes “Pupsicles”
10. When Rey enters the cave, you hear that same humming that connects her and Ben, which was a clue that she wasn’t doing a voiceover, that she was speaking to him. I’m also convinced that she saw Ben in the mirror/glass or an outline that made her think of him, which is why she went to him over Luke or Chewie about what she saw.
11. When Luke bursts in on them, literally, keep an eye on Ben instead of Rey or Luke. His hand doesn’t move away and there is a brief look of panic and fear on his face before he disappears and the connection breaks. Now I have headcanon that he spent the time between her coming to him and that scene terrified that Luke is going to hurt or kill Rey. And possibly worried that she could be dead and he just couldn’t feel it.
12. The hand Ben had that is covered in water is the opposite of Rey’s. If you don’t believe he was wiping away her wetness from his mouth, you might also think that his hand was wet from holding hers. If you align their images over top of each other, they are standing right next to each other.
13. People have mentioned Ben remembering her face from the forest calling him a monster. When you watch every scene between them, her gaze moves around and looks away, but his gaze is fixed on her. You can quite literally watch as he memorizes her face every time they are together. (As if each time he’s afraid it may be the last, so he’s trying to remember in case he never sees her again. Excuse me as I go sob now).
That’s all I can think of at the moment. I know there is more that I wanted to add, but they’ve escaped me.
I DON’T WANT TO WORK ON THIS ANYMORE so here is my version of the mural my Lavellan used to work out some of her issues. She basically attacked her bedroom wall with paint. Not fresco, because she does not have the skill or patience required for that. I’m pretty sure she gets over bad days by working on her family and/or lying on the floor painting foliage. Tiny happy flower, ignore the fact that you don’t know how to convince your boyfriend not to murder everyone you’ve ever known, tiny happy flower, ignore the desire to throw idiots off the battlements, tiny happy flower. Bob Ross therapy did not actually work for her, alas.
YEEEAAHH i know its been 200 years since ive drawn my gemsona, so i gave moss a little freshening up!
she was an old pink diamond agate who got reassigned yellow. she has these wild unconventional methods (talking? to your soldiers?? wow lol pink made some WEIRD gems) so they just send her off on odd missions in the farthest reaches of space because like. it Shouldnt work but it Does so uhhh ok i guess but no one else needs to know that
shes obviously gay af, tries to explain her Very Effective Methods of discipline to her fellow agates (they just laugh and shoo her off), feels overwhelmingly guilty about not being around when pink diamond was shattered, and misses plant life and her old team terribly, but is trying to make new friends despite being kinda wary of new gems