Discreet(ish) ways to stim
The popularity of fidget toys has caused many schools to ban them.
If you need to stim or fidget during class and you cant be exempt from the ban i have a list of things that might work.
- theres a $24 fidget pen online. It has some of the features of the cubes and you can buy ink refills. I highly doubt a teacher is going to take it away.
- a metal nut. You can spin the metal textured piece around using your thumb. It does make noise so be careful.
- pen caps. Most people chew on pen caps or straws so this shouldnt be too out of the blue.
- fabric bracelets. I have this yellow one with a giant weave texture to it. There’s many ways to stim with this so find a way that works.
- chew necklaces. Classic stim. May not be completely discreet but i dont see these getting banned.
- stress ball. Hide it in your pocket and squeeze when you get frustrated. These have be banned in some schools so be careful.
- diy tangles. A friend gave me a necklace made of out the rubber band loom stuff. It works great as a tangle. Kind of obvious but it works.
- your clothes. There might be a seam that feels nice to rub.
- make up wedges. They have the best texture. Squeeze squeeze.
- mini stuffed animals. Hide in pocket. Instant comfort.
- feathers. Stroking a feather is nice.
Thats all i can come up with. Suggestions are welcomed and you can add more ideas to this post.