I just got done watching Beauty and the Beast, the new remake, with @icarus-will-rise and… wow… I think there were times I cut off the circulation in his hand I loved it so much
Let’s start at the beginning, shall we?
As usual, spoilers. This will be tagged as such tho.
• THE. CHOREOGRAPHY. AT. THE. BEGINNING. As a dancer, this was what made me instantly love the movie, like IT’S HISTORICALLY ACCURATE AND BEAUTIFUL AND??? WHY??? I LOVE IT SO MUCH
• C O S T U M I N G. I especially loved at the end that some of the servants still had face paint on their faces, like “oh yeah, that’s still there, it’s not like they’ve magically had their human faces cleaned while they’re not human or anything”
• speaking of the end, “Turn back into a clock. TURN BACK INTO A CLOCK.”
• and when the piano turned back he had no teeth? I approve
• also speaking of the end, HOT DAMN, Dan Stevens’ growl when Emma Watson asks him to grow a beard… like… damn… even @icarus-will-rise agrees that was hawt
• THE TRANSITIONS FROM THE HUMANIZED OBJECTS INTO NORMAL OBJECTS MADE ME CRY. Cogsworth not being able to talk, Mrs. Potts’ face disappearing, Chip’s dish shattering (I GOT SO SCARED), Lumiere and Plumette, the dog with his legs up, just, AH
• Okay, unpopular opinion here, I didn’t love the songs all THAT much. The originals are better. Emma and Dan definitely did a great job recreating the songs and all, but I think we can all agree the original “Beauty and the Beast” by Angela Lansbury smashes the new one to pieces, right?
• However, on that note, the new songs were pretty good and fit right into the soundtrack in everything from background music to lyrics. Evermore was good, but the one in the movie was def better than the credits one, I mean, come ON, guys.
• Okay, back to the movie–
• L E F O U.
• Props to the casting director for ALL of his/her choices (Emma Watson could not have made a better Belle if she spent DECADES preparing for this role), but OH MY GOD JOSH GAD AS LEFOU.
• I don’t know WHO saw Olaf in Frozen and went, “This snowman would make a great gay sidekick for Gaston”, but whoever did, I love them.
• Speaking of LeFou, he went through some GREAT character development. From being completely obsessed with Gaston at the beginning (telling the Bimbettes they didn’t have a chance, talking to an imaginary Gaston in the mirror, calming Gaston down with thoughts of the war <which was HILARIOUS btw>, winking during “Gaston”) to actually having a backbone after they tie Maurice up in the woods (you can see him begin to shift his alignment, and lose his love for Gaston, there) to finally being like “yeah, screw this, Gaston wouldn’t save me from a falling talking piano with key teeth missiles, I'mma help the talking teapot spraying my fellow villagers instead”. I LOVED LeFou.
• You know who else loved LeFou? THE DRAG QUEEN. I know he’s either Tom, Dick, or Stanley, and @icarus-will-rise and I think it would be pretty ironic if he was Dick. I’ll have to check when it comes out on DVD since I wasn’t really paying attention, and by GOD I loved that little hint that they ended up together during the dance at the end.
• Anyway, back to the plot
• Those wolves were TERRIFYING
• Also, I don’t know about you guys, but instantly when I saw the beggar lady I was like “she’s gonna be important”. It was when she rescued Maurice I knew she was the enchantress in disguise, don’t ask me how, I just knew. They wouldn’t put a character in there randomly unless she was essential to the storyline, so I guess that’s why I guessed that.
• …did I mention LeFou was by far my favorite?
• But Emma Watson came in as a close second. By GOD, she was a great Belle. Her reaction to that library was tbh exactly how I would’ve reacted.
• Like I said, casting was spot-on amazing.
• You could FEEL the angst radiating off of Beast.
• Maurice was great, not as kooky as the original but I like him better as a sad artist.
• ^By the way, Belle’s parents’ backstory had me in tears. The plague representation was so accurate and answered SO many questions of mine.
• Also, Gaston was really good
• He actually tried to woo Belle a little instead of being like “I’m so great, you should totally marry me just for my looks and charm and hunting skills and my luxurious hair”
• He gave her flowers, sorta kinda pretended to be interested in her books, and seemed genuinely interested in saving her when the townsfolk were being mean so at the beginning I was sorta like “gee, why’s Belle being so rude and shit”, which was the only reason I didn’t like the change in Gaston’s behavior
• Then he started being a dick to her dad and I was like “whoops never mind”
• Umm,,, the fight against the villagers was really great?? Mrs. Potts seeing her husband (who was the citizen with the most sense, let’s be honest here) and falling from the chandelier, the boiling tea, THE DRAG QUEENS, Chip being a badass smol, Lumiere’s fireworks display, Plumette dusting people’s faces and the piano being heroic by trying to cover the door? It was A+
• Also “GRANDMOTHER?!?!?1?????!!??!!”
• Le Fou… the gay is strong with this one…
• Basically, I loved Beauty and the Beast’s live action remake, 10/10 would watch again.
• My only problem is her dress, really. My only GIANT problem, that is.
• They didn’t include the dog in “Beauty and the Beast” (the song), but fine, I’ll forgive that
• My major problem is that dress
• Okay, fine, it’s got the appliqués, but WHERE IS THE NECKLINE
• WHERE ARE THE CORRECT RUFFLES NOT THIS RUFFLE SHIT YOU GIVE US DISNEY
• We demand the truth
• (Side note: what is it with Emma Watson’s dresses being inaccurate in movies because this is now the second one???)
people are acting like they know what harry’s been doing with his promo or what he wants from his solo career when he hasn’t said anything and all he’s done is release is an adele-like commercial. so these long analysis posts abut who he wants to be as a solo artist when nobody knows anything are….weird.
Steve walks into the workshop and stops in his tracks when multiple Tonys turn to look at him. They’re all the same but different as some are taller, have blue eyes and different hairstyles. But they all have one thing in common.
They’re all gorgeous.
Steve rubs at his eyes in disbelief before staring at them wide eyed.
Then Tony, the one that he knows and is familiar with, grins and waves.
“Hey, Steve! I’ve just found out that more than one of me exists.”
So at first I just wanted to draw Gen in a waistcoat… and then I wondered ‘who is he looking at like that?’ and then of course it turns out he’s at some fancy BDSM party and he never thought he’d see Sephiroth there but lo and behold, it’s the man in the flesh, and he doesn’t look too pleased at being found out by his colleague. Or maybe Genesis sent him an invite, thinking he’d never come, and thus he’s pleasantly surprised?
So @kittenpatissier has this cute Touhou AU set a little in the future featuring the kids and/or ship-kids of a bunch of different characters, it’s neat! These are just a few of the characters i made for that! From left to right:
Apollyon ‘Polly’ Lapislazuli, child of Hecatia and Junko, a little mischief-maker with a temper rivalling her mom’s and destructive ability rivalling a vampire’s (and fashion sense rivalling her fairy big sister’s). She’s cute enough as long as you don’t get into an argument with her, or let yourself become the victim of one of her ‘jokes’ (which tend not to be very funny).
Okuhoshi Yagokoro (forgive the shit art i drew this one earliest) is the daughter of Eirin and Sagume, who, understandably, lives on Earth and is unknown to the Lunarians, because, you know. If they found out a Lunarian had a thing with an impure Earthling criminal, eh, yeah. She’s also a Hourai immortal and is totally omniscient, but also possesses a complete inability to lie, bend the truth, or keep secrets. She doesn’t understand a lot of what her ability lets her know, so can still be kind of naive, even if very intelligent. She’s also Eirin’s apprentice!
Homu (totally not short for ‘homunculus’) Kaku, is the… experiment? Uh, let’s go with ‘daughter’, of Seiga, using the same kind of magic she used to resurrect Yoshika. Can you really just bring back a dead child as a zombie and make her your magical experiment daughter? Fuck the rules, says Seiga. She loves her little baby. Everybody else is slightly unnerved. Homu is a little dim and naive, on account of being slightly dead, but very friendly!
Akiraki Sukuna is the result of an excited Shinmyoumaru wishing for a baby with Seija, without Seija’s knowledge, resulting in Seija’s subsequent near mental breakdown and ultimate acceptance of the fact that she now has a magic wish daughter. This is what happens when you give an excited girl a magical mallet. Akiraki has the ability to grant the opposite of any wish, and boy does she like to use that to fuck with people. Due to only being half-inchling, she can’t really use the Miracle Mallet, just carries it around for show.
So… yeah! I’m not a die-hard fan of any of these ships or anything*, it’s just really fun to mash Touhou girls together and see what you get, and I’m proud of the character designs and wanted to post them somewhere, haha. (She’s also got an rp blog for them at @gensokiddos if that interests you at all!)
Fandom: Supergirl Pairing: Alex/Maggie Rating: M Summary: Continuation of the date, and yes, they are still keeping score. AN: Thanks to Inspector Boxer for the beta.
The world dropped away. Food was in front of them, but Alex didn’t really remember ordering, and people moved around them, but Alex didn’t notice. She did, however, know the exact number of times Maggie had blushed or bitten her lip, and she had memorized every detail about how Maggie looked in the candlelight and the way the glow from the oven made Maggie’s hair shine. She knew she looked like a smitten idiot, but she didn’t care.
Maggie entertained with stories about her co-workers and detective work, keeping the stories light and the conversation going as they ate and slowly emptied the bottle of wine they had ordered. Finally, as they sat toying with their nearly empty glasses, a silence descended between them.
“Do you… do you want to talk?” Maggie asked, more seriously, her eyebrows furrowed in concern.