parappa rappa (parappa the rapper) is autistic !
• when the teachers rap, he doesn’t fully understand that he has to come up with his own lyrics. so he repeats them instead. it doesn’t bother him though!
• like how he repeats lyrics, he tends to repeat things that he’s not supposed to. you know how when he and guru ant grew big and guru ant started panicking? he wanted parappa to help him but parappa didn’t understand that he meant “pull the lever or whatever, right now! Right now!” literally so he didn’t do anything to help.
• and you know when that moose (i forgot her name sorry) tried to teach parappa how to drive? parappa didn’t understand that when she said “guess… what…”, she wanted an actual response not just something that’s been repeated.
• not something to do with repetitive behaviour much but you know how parappa wears his hat all the time? and how the octopus guy (i forgot his name too whoops) in the second game tried to get it off his head? parappa tries to stop him and appears uncomfortable with what he’s doing, parappas hat is his comfort item and he’s very possessive of it!! he doesn’t like being without it and it just makes him feel weird
• in the second game, there’s the boombox that helps parappa with practicing lyrics. they usually say “come on, parappa! relax! it’s practice time!”, that could be another comfort item of his! he finds it easier to practice with the boombox and it can also help him w/ feeling less stressed !!
• parappa mainly stims by bouncing or jumping up and down!!!!
• rap music’s also a special interest of his! he notices that other rappers don’t repeat each other but he does it anyway!! he enjoys rapping and its a good way for him to express echolalia!
• he tends to not be good with showing certain emotions, especially towards sunny funny. he believes that sunny funny feels the same way when she really doesn’t. he’s not good at observing other people’s emotions, as you could tell with guru ant when he starts panicking.
• you know how parappa says “i gotta believe!” (aka his catchphrase)?? that could be a comfort thing! sometimes he loses confidence in himself.. when he thinks of his catchphrase, it helps him and he gains a bit of confidence again!! it makes him happy that he can try to believe and it makes him stim by jump up and down !!!!