How do you create all this stuff, do you hack into old equipment, or literally just use old cameras?
Hi there! When creating new content, I use a lot of different tools. Let me go somewhat into detail here:
Today, my main cameras are a EOS 550D, my Phone, a CCD surveillance camera, and when I need high resolution or have to film footage from CRT monitors, a Black Magic 4k camera, I own together with a friend.
I also often use old pictures, I made since my early 20s, with all kinds of cameras (Polaroid, Kiev Medium Format Camera, 35mm, Super8, MiniDV, Hi8, Video8 etc.), - and on rare occasions, footage made by my parents / grandparents.
I do manipulate the images in many different ways, printing them in bad resolution, scanning them and use the scan as luminance layer, change the color data with software, convert them to film emulation color profiles, add grain, add dust, reduce sharpness, replace the sky with gradients etc.
I work with analog / semi-analog, standard definition video gear very often. I also own different VHS machines for different applications. The ones with dirty video heads are the best for manipulating content, the clean ones are best for multiplying master tapes.
The following image shows the setup I used for the new series, that started yesterday and is now uploaded to the queue:
Computer Non-Linear editing software ▶ Canopus ADVC110 (Firewire D/A, A/D box) ▶ VHS in LP mode (LP, Long Play, will give you more VHS characteristics due to recording in lower quality). After I recorded all footage to tape in LP, I do playback it into a ▶ Modded / circuit bent video mixer, then into a ▶ glitchy old video mixer for color boost, then into a ▶ TBC (time base corrector), then into ▶ another VHS machine recording on LP. Then I rewire the setup to go back into the computer. From the second VCR into ▶ the TBC, from there into the ▶ Canopus ADVC110. After being digital again, I take 1 second blocks of the footage, export them as PNG sequences and create GIF loops from these.
When doing pixel drawings I mostly work with Grafx2. From time to time I also create 3D source images in Blender. I also did a video, using a vintage 3D software called Virtual Reality Studio / 3D Construction Kit.
In general for creating images or music for my personal projects, I try to collect / discover as much interesting old hardware / software as possible to use it in my work. Let me throw some more keywords:
Virtual Machines with DOS, Windows 3.1, DOSBox, old Sound Cards (OPL), Synthesizers, typewriters, CRT monitors, tape decks, composite video hardware of all kinds, old computers, CCD surveillance cameras, Beamers, diffusion lens filters etc.
I often visit thrift stores and flea markets, but a lot of this old hardware have become very rare around where I live. Sometimes you’re lucky, sometimes you have to resort to online auctions.
Old gear is really inviting to experiment / play around with, and just a lot of fun!
I hope you can get some useful information from my rambling!
it’s popular to have minimalistic & simple themes in this community but i think less minimalistic themes works just fine! i just wouldn’t opt for tumblr’s standard theme “optica”! some theme-makers i suggest new studyblrs to take a look at are @shythemes@felinum@ladmilk or just start builidng your own theme.
3.1. original content
usually minimalistic, clean & white photos tend to get more popular here. to take similar photos you need to have good lightning, preferably natural window-light, & try to have a clean, minimalistic background. however if you don’t like those photos then start fighting the studyblr-norms by posting other kind of stuff! for masterposts/text posts i don’t have any advice but you can ask @universi-tea and @studyblr if they have any advice, because theirs are amazing.
of course you’ll have to tag your posts to get more exposure. popular tags are: studyblr, bullet journal/bujo, study notes, smartblr, mathblr/lawblr/medblr/etc. other than those you can tag other studyblrs because we love to get tagged! i e.g. track #einstetic but other tags i can come up with are #mujischolar, #heysareena, #estudier, #studentsandlattes & #natlookhere.
message studyblrs you love, ask questions, comment, reply, reblog, join studyblr indexes. be nice & make friends! the more you interact, the more you will get exposure.
5. small advice & harsh truths
- you do not need any midliners, muji-stuff, moleskines, leuchtturms, macbooks etc. you’ll do just fine with the stuff you got but remember if you want any of them then get them! yes they are pretty and all. but not everyone can afford them!
- your goal by having a studyblr is to get motivated, to share failures & accomplishments, to post own content & make friends. your goal shouldn’t be to get popular okay?
- don’t follow to unfollow, that’s rude!
- a popular app a lot of studyblrs use is Momentun which is a browser extension for Chrome that shows the time and a picture when you open up new tabs!
- people who study math, physics, chemistry, biology, law etc. aren’t in any way smarter or better than those who study humanities like history, religion, philosophy…you get the drill?
- popular studyblrs aren’t gods or goddesses, they are just regular people who are just as confused as you are with your life! so they aren’t perfect, they also procrastinate, skip classes, fail their tests and so on!
i hope these help you and other new studyblrs in any way! just remember to have fun and live your life. studying isn’t the most important thing ever, your health is! have an amazing life!
incorrectshakespeare’s scene-by-scene analysis of hamlet’s sexuality and relationships with both horatio and ophelia
hi folks!! as you can clearly see, i get asked about my opinion about hamlet’s sexuality a lot. soooooo, i put together a full-play description of how i would want to emphasize hamlet’s sexuality while direction a production of the play. everything can be found below the cut!!
Lady Gaga, Pink, Sia and other celebrities have lent their support to a campaign to legally prevent Donald Trump from assuming presidency and is encouraging their fans to do the same.
The effort is attached to a petition with more than 3.1 million signatures at publishing asking the electors of the Electoral College to reject how their states voted on Dec. 19 and instead vote for Hillary Clinton.
While we’re busy shopping for everyone else this month, we can’t forget about ourselves. With countless parties and events that we have coming up for the holidays, it’s time to add a few new festive frocks to our wardrobe. With a little help from our editors, you can find all the dresses you need in one place. From the perfect little black dress and velvet numbers to shiny bodycons and sequined gowns, shop 30 of the best dresses to wear this Christmas below.
Are you attending any black tie holiday parties? Shopping for formal gowns can definitely break the bank, but with our selects we keep it a bit more practical. Shop sequins, winter white, high slits and slip dresses for the perfect stunning maxi.
I have a stinging feeling that the hills might be slightly harder then I remember, the air might have a bit more bite, and my legs will ache with a fierceness I haven’t known for months. (stupid dreadmill)
I know my playlist is lame- but I’m armed with a darling new ponytail and I’m ready to kick today’s run in the ass.
I’ve put many miles of mental grief behind me since the last time I laced up my tennies for an afternoon, outdoor run. I hate to say that I’m back– because I never really quite went anywhere. But I am.
I have a different feeling this time. I can get out there, with my headphones and my heart, and really put my all into my run. No asterisk No parenthesis. No footnote. Nothing but me and the pavement.
And for that and this feeling I have to rush into Spring, I’ll gladly trade 1 extra hour of sleep.
Random Preliminary Musings on Enough Nemesis to go Around
Please note - I take a more uhm, well, I’d like to think of it as gestaltist approach to the show. I’m not watching just to root for Joan. I admit I lean towards Sherlock, a better understanding of Sherlock and of Sherlock and Joan’s relationship, than I do for rooting solely for a more independent Watson. I fully value her as an equal but not to the extent of minimalizing Sherlock. If that bothers you, don’t read any further. You have been warned …
The title had me worried that Sherlock’s nemesis would be involved and he did obliquely mention her of sorts but I guess the title referred to there being enough work for both of them? Still don’t get how the imagery on the poster for 3.01 relates to this episode.
But I loved the episode, love the change in both characters. Joan has grown into her voice, standing up for herself, more the woman of season one with a big dose of confidence in herself than the quiet sullen Joan of season two who said nothing. They are actually talking!!!
• I loved how each asked if they could come in to the others home. It highlighted how broken they are. Eight months ago they were walking into the bathroom while the other was using it. Now it’s a tentative “May I come in?” Maybe it’s because of the season but it made me think of vampires for both of them - once you invite them in you can’t uninvite them.
• Joan stating how the five sentence note he left ended their partnership. Five sentences. She probably has the damn thing memorized. I know I would. And apparently one of the sentences states that she no longer needed him. It made me feel sympathy for Sherlock. It really points to where Sherlock was at emotionally eight months ago. Five sentences and that was important enough to be one of them. He was hurt - the man has a big ego and felt unneeded. I’m not condoning his behavior. I’d be even angrier than Watson, but I understand. He only saw his worth in her life as a necessity and not as a choice.
This also brings up the whole “need versus want” issue of a while back. They shouldn’t need each other. They should want - want to be friends and partners. And I think moving to that place is the arc for this season.
• Sherlock sitting outside Gregson’s office like a kid waiting for the principal - insecure and nervous - not knowing whether to follow him into the office. I would have run. Gregson also had to invite him into his office, in his own gruff manner. Again the idea that they are broken, that permission is required to re-enter.
• Gregson’s comments about not being friends - ouch - like I mentioned elsewhere, it’s equivalent to the gut punch he gave Sherlock in season 1. The parallels between both Gregson and Sherlock’s broken relationships with their partners also struck me as Sherlock was doing his “parlor trick.” The parallels were presented last season, when Sherlock talks about the intricacies of partnership (I know, I know, he didn’t listen to his own advice). Both lost their partners and have supposedly moved on to someone new. We know Sherlock really hasn’t, I wonder if there is hope for Tommy and Cheryl.
It’s always a good idea to invest in statement accessories. Whether it be a fabulous satchel or stunning stilettos, one detail to keep top of mind is crocodile. Lucky for you, we’ve searched across Wantering’s stores and brands for the best embossed pieces. Shop twenty of the most jaw-dropping handbags and shoes below.
Shop Crocodile Accessories
Top 10: Handbags
Start saving or start drooling over these beautiful reptile bags.
Some plans /adjustments to make the two-seater chocobo from Eternal Bond able to fly.
There’s a motorcycle mount already developed, but not in the game. Why is that? Because it goes very very slow to match the ground mount speeds, so it feels awkward. It feels like it only goes 15km per hour so they thought about increasing speeds for mounts, but it would cause some major issues in game.
They also tried letting it fly, but letting a motorcycle fly is just really weird.
Plans to add more things to retainer ventures in 3.1 They are planning to make the rare paints and many of the items acquired from the retainer ventures to be able to be traded and sold.
If I wanted to change border colors, or specific sections for a piece of gear, can anything be done about that? - Very hard to do. Memory, packet, there’s a limited amount of data that can be used for gear and its already being used in full. It would make it hard for other players to see the colors you chose as well.
Guest asks if they can try to add sailor moon-like hair and if they can try to mix and match hairstyles with different bangs. Very hard to do. However, hairstyles already with hairbands can be done without hairbands as they have already been requested. Currently they work on hairstyles when they can when they have the time. Long twin-tails is a possibility though.
What about housing gardens? - Plans to add a potted plant inside your room. Take seed and plant it in a pot in your room.
Can you try to add retainer bells into the company workshop? - Sometime soon, not 3.1 but not too far off either. They understand that people that like company crafts utilize both FC chest and retainers.
They understand people like to look great in game so they will try to add things to make player characters look great as much as they can.