1. she meets fans for free at her concerts but she has not met every single fan who has ever attended one of her shows
2. she is very charitable but her donations aren’t aren’t always private which makes them questionable
3. she wasn’t poverty stricken growing up so her ascent to fame and fortune is most likely the work of the devil
4. she is white and skinny
5. 99% of the people she has had dealings with say she is very nice which is obviously suspicious and almost certainly proof she is a satanist
6. she has friends
7. she writes songs about her life experiences, people like them and this results in her making money. the fact nobody else has been able to achieve throughout the history of music proves she is evil.
8. she doesn’t have an 8 octave range
9. she is a successful young woman who is in complete control of her career. something doesn’t add up.
“People ask why I bother making deals. Why don’t I just take their souls up front? It’s because the real fun is that instant where the victim realizes what a terrible choice he made. I learned that from watching Monty Hall on "Let’s Make A Deal”. He was great! Did you know he owned over four thousand human souls?“
Hello! I always agreed with your typing of Naruto Uzumaki as ENFP but thinking about it I can't see any Ne-dom in him? I don't know, he looks more like a doer who needs practical examples to understand things, which strikes me as more in tune with a Se-dom? couldn't his goal to become Hokage be a vague Ni-inf goal? I'm not really convinced of another typing like ESFP so excuse my curiority and playing devil's advocate :)
Naruto Ne v. Se Dominance
Naruto is definitely an ENFP, Ne dom with Si inf. Why? Se and Ne can be similar as they can be a distracted sort moving from one experience/idea to the next. For the Se it is obvious why they have changed course. They have exhausted an actual experience. But the Ne is finicky, as we see with Naruto learning Ninjitsu. Ne deals in ideas and potentials, rather than what is. ENPs like Naruto get bored with an idea before actualizing it. They move on to the next thing before anyone quite understands how they can be bored without actually doing it. It is why growing up it is so hard for him to learn Ninjitsu. The physicality isn’t really natural, it doesn’t come to him as his mind wanders with Ne. He moves on to the next more interesting thing before actualizing the first lesson.
Se is more pragmatic and grounded. Words I would never use for Naruto. Naruto is a dreamer, an idealist. To quote Lenore Thomson:
Like Extraverted Sensates, ENPs can make things happen very quickly. Sensates, however, are concrete pragmatists. They actualize people’s expectations and in the process become to focal point. By contrast, the ENFP analyst appeals to people’s imaginations, becoming a focal point for others’ inventiveness and curiosity.
Naruto appeals to others about what could be in the Ninja world. His philosophy is shaped by Fi, not Ne. His Ne helps him see potentials and Fi directs him to see them in people. As he is guided by others and sees the world with Ne, his Fi takes shape his personal morals and philosophy. What he judges to be right. Ne is not a function that does this. The Ninja world forgets the people, the individual people. It puts the society above all, ironically forgetting the individuals. His actions and words inspires those who meet him, and remind them of what they all can be.
Now Ni, being associated with his dream to be Hokage isn’t really how inferior Ni works. Inferior Ni when healthy helps the ESP recognize that their own experiences can be interpreted differently and aren’t compatible with everyone. It helps the ESP understand alternative viewpoints that run counter to the specific ESP experiences and ways of life. If the Ni is under developed they see other perspectives and interpretations as a threat to their sense of self created by their experiences.
I don’t see this inferior function working it’s way in Naruto. However, I do see inferior Si. Naruto doesn’t understand the need to stick to older values created by past experiences. He finds old rules constraining. This is his Ne-Si conflict. His Ne sees that if something doesn’t work, you move onto something new. He misses the need to honor certain needs and values under all circumstances. It is why many of the problems of the Ninja world make no sense to him. The meaning and perspectives based on experience, grounded in history, don’t super appeal to Naruto. Just change, just adapt, just Ne! It is his coming to terms with the old and the new that drives Naruto’s journey. He can’t realize being Hokage till this conflict is resolved.
can you make a checklist on how to get into the gorillaz?? It seems like there is a lot out there and its hard to follow when i'm getting into it late.. thank you!!
Sure!!! I personally got into them by watching their G-bitez and music videos and it all kinda spiraled from there.
The band itself was made by Damon Albarn (Lead singer of Blur, does vocals and writes lyrics for Gorillaz) and Jamie Hewlett (Co-creator of the comic book “Tank Girl”, draws and animates for Gorillaz) after they were both watching MTV and they were like “hey music today sucks you know what’d be cool?? if we made an animated band” “cool we could call it ‘gorilla’ because we were both born on the year of the monkey!!!” sadly animal planet had already copyrighted “gorilla” so they just added a z to the end of it to make it cooler.
Something to know about Gorillaz is that they have “phases”. Phase 1 was in 2001, when they released their albums “Gorillaz”, “G-Sides” and “Laika come home”. Phase 1′s art style was cartoonish and used very thick lineart. Phase 2 was in 2005, when they released “Demon Days” and “D-sides”. Phase 2′s art style was a bit dark and looked more realistic. Phase 3 was in 2010, when they released the albums “Plastic Beach” and “The Fall” in 2011. Phase 3′s art style was almost the same as phase 2′s. Then we have Phase 4 in 2017, their new album “Humanz” is coming out April 28th. It’s art style is the one that stands out the most to me, you can find most of the art on Jamie Hewlett’s Instragram (Hewll)
Alright, a big part of me getting into the fandom was my love fore the characters. I’m assuming you’re not a fan yet, so let me introduce them to you (i’m going to use powerpoints to explain each member if u don’t mind):
This lovely lad here is Murdoc Faust Niccals.
- He’s the band’s leader/bassist, and he makes sure EVERYONE knows that’s it’s his band and only his. - He went through multiple other bands before he formed Gorillaz. - He was born on June 6th, 1966 in Stoke-on-Trent, England. As an infant he was abandoned on his father’s doorstep. - Had a very rough childhood, his father, Sebastian Niccals, would force him to preform on stage for booze money and it was absolutely humiliating for him. - His nose has been broken a of total 8 times. The first time was from a bully at his school, the 2nd time was from his older (and only) brother, Hannibal, because Murdoc had touched his records and the other 6 times were from Russel when he got caught “doing it” with 2D’s now ex-girlfriend in the bathroom stalls of Kong Studios
- His middle name was originally “Alphonse” but he changed it to “Faust” after making a deal with the Devil in phase 1 to make Gorillaz the “biggest band in the world”. That’s also how he got his bass, “El Diablo”.
- did i mention he was a satanist bc he is - He hangs around in his underwear a lot (especially in phase 2) - He likes to either get naked or start pelvic thrusting in like every video, so be careful, young anon. - He’s very crude but sometimes he can be very nice and adorable in some interviews ??? It’s so weird - He likes making weird noises, like, a lot. - Apparently can speak French and Spanish - His reason for turning green all of the sudden in phase 2 is either because of alcohol poisoning or due to him tanning himself green. Jamie himself said that it’s because he’s an immortalist and his skin is now rotting but I’m not sure how true it is. - He had a pet raven in phase 2!!! His name was Cortez and no one really knows what happened to him but Murdoc seemed to love that bird. - He also had a cape in phase 2 that he loved and wore like all the time but he lost it. Poor baby. - He was based off of a young 1960′s era KeithRichards. - He has a tongue longer than Gene Simmons’ and I’m not even kidding. His tongue is like a foot long - His genuine laugh can cure cancer - He had his own MTV cribs episode - Here’s a playlist of every interview he’s been in if you’d like to know a bit more about how he acts. - All of this sounds horrible but like half of the fandom sees him as charming and funny and the other half sees him as repulsive and downright mean so i guess listen to some of his interviews and make your decision (i’m part of the half that loves him)
This is 2D!!
- He’s the band’s singer, sometimes he plays the piano and melodica too. - He’s anxious and a bit timid around people. He’s not that intelligent, but he’s an absolute sweetheart to pretty much everyone. He’s … a huge dork. - He was born on May 23rd, 1978.
He was born in Hertfordshire, England and was raised in Crawley, England. When he was 10 he fell out of a tree and landed on his head, his hair fell out and grew back blue. He’s had horrible headaches since then, but his mother was a nurse and gave pills to help him out. - His real name is Stuart Pot - He loves horror films!!! Especially zombie movies. - Apparently he smells like butterscotch - He’s VERY tall. he’s like 6′1 and his legs make up most of his body. He towers over the rest of the band. - His voice actor is Nelson De Freitas, but Damon Albarn provides his singing voice - The lack of his two front teeth gives him an adorable accent - He has a crippling fear of whales - His eyes are black due to an 8-ball fracture that Murdoc gave him before the band was made when he crashed his car into the music store 2D worked at. - His eyes turn white when he’s stressed or scared. - His nickname “2D” stands for “Two Dents”. He’s called that because Murdoc’s car crash also gave him two dents in his head. - Murdoc is seen physically abusing 2D throughout phase 1-3, but there’s a very likely chance that he’s going to stop and make amends in phase 4!!! - Here’s a playlist of interviews that he’s been in
- Everybody loves him. I love him. I don’t think it’s possible not to love him.
This is Russel Hobbs!!
- He’s the band’s drummer. He makes remixes too!!! - The living embodiment of “looks like he could kill you but is actually a cinnamon roll” - Quite possibly the most underrated character in the world - He was born in Brooklyn, New York on June 3rd, 1975. He got possessed by a demon as a kid and fell into a coma for four years. After he woke up the demon got expelled tho - When he was a teen, him and his friends were involved in a drive-by shooting. Russel was the only survivor and all of his friends possessed him, but the only one we really get to see is his closest friend, Del, he raps in Clint Eastwood and Rock the House, but we haven’t seen him since phase 1. - Russel misses Del very dearly, poor lad. - After the whole shooting incident he was sent to the UK to live with his uncle. - HE SAVED 2D FROM BEING EATEN BY A WHALE. HE’S SO UNDERAPPRECIATED - He’s an actual giant in phase 3 because he ate some radioactive algae - He loves fezzes!!! - His hobby, besides music, is taxidermy. - He’s the dad friend - Here’s a playlist of interviews that he’s been in
Last but not least, this is Noodle
- She plays guitar for the band. She also sings and writes songs sometimes - Noodle is very energetic and nice but she can also kick your ass - She was born in Osaka, Japan on October 31st 1990
- She joined the band when she was around 10 but she’s like 26 now. I forgot to mention that the band ages with real time - As a kid she was a part of a classified child super solider project under the management of a japanese scientist named Mr. Kyuzo. this is where she learned how to be badass. She knew professional karate at like 10 how cool is that - All of the children in that project were deemed too unstable and dangerous, so they canceled the experiment and Mr. Kyuzo was ordered to kill all of the children (fuckin dark i know). After killing them all, Mr. Kyuzo was reluctant to kill Noodle, so instead he put her in a state of amnesia and smuggled her to the UK by shipping her to Kong Studios in a FedEx crate. - She didn’t remember anything!!! The only english thing she was able to say to say was “noodle” and that’s where she got her name. - She learned how to speak english and remembered her past in phase 2. - Murdoc, 2D and Russel raised her (mostly russel tho). Noodle considers Murdoc and 2D her brothers and Russel considers her his daughter how CUTE IS THAT - She loves Pokemon - She had a flying windmill island in phase 2 it was incredible - She had a cute radio helmet in phase 1 - She also has a robot version of herself called “Cyborg Noodle” in phase 3. It’s a long story but Cyborg might be coming back for phase 4. - The interviews that she’s in can be found here!!
The backstory is too long for me to write down, but you can find it over here! I hope i explained everything clearly- if not, or if you have any questions, feel free to send me a message!! I hope this helps you c:
How long have you been planning for Coulson to be the Ghost Rider – and what was Clark Gregg’s reaction to finding out that news?
Jeffrey Bell: To say he was happy, it would be an understatement. Jed Whedon: I think what he said when we told him was, “I didn’t think I could geek out more,” but he was like, “It seems I can.” Jeffrey Bell: Yeah, that was what he said. [x]
Anxiety ruins you. It turns a simple or nonexistent situation, into a catastrophe.
It rips you from sleep. To the point where it makes you sick because you’re so tired.
It creates problems that aren’t even there.
It’s like having a little devil on your shoulder. All the time, whispering what could go wrong. And what a nuisance you are, And how awful you are. So you start to repeat all the bad things about yourself.
“Nobody wants you around” “You’re so boring” “You’re ugly” “Everyone is sick of you” “Your boyfriend is going to get tired of dealing with this “You’re a mess all the time, how could anyone love that?” “Their lives would be better if you just went far away” Should I go away?
It makes you angry over little things. It ruins your relationship because you’re always worried about everything.
It makes you just want to be alone. To distance yourself.
All of this is going on in your head, But all people see is a polite smile.
Anxiety ruins you. And it’s so damn tiring. To fight a battle inside your head,
Every Single Day.
Mix this with your own version of depression
Now that’s just a recipe for disaster.
Look at that.
You’re pushing everyone away.
But you’re not doing anything about it
It’s not that you don’t care
You just care too much
In your head your a nuisance
So you must stop annoying everyone
They don’t leave so you have to make the sacrifice and leave them
Anxiety and depression causes self-destruction
You must clear the way to avoid casualties
Stay away from everyone.
Anxiety ruins you.
It turns a simple or non existent situation, into a catastrophe.
It rips you from sleep.
To the point where it makes you sick, because you’re so tired.
It creates problems
that aren’t even there.
It’s like having a little devil on your shoulder.
All the time, whispering what could go wrong.
And what a nuisance you are,
And how awful you are.
So you start to repeat all the bad things about yourself.
“Nobody wants you around”
“You’re so boring”
“Everyone is sick of you”
“Your boyfriend is going to get tired of dealing with this”
“You’re a mess all the time, how could anyone love that?”
“Their lives would be better if you just went far away”
Should I go away?
It makes you angry over little things.
It ruins your relationship because you’re always worried about everything.
It makes you just want to be alone.
To distance yourself.
I haven’t seen my friends in 4 weeks.
But wait, I forgot the panic attacks.
I can’t breath.
My heart is going out of control.
My chest is so tight.
It feels like an elephant is sitting on it.
All of this is going on in your head,
But all people see is a polite smile.
Anxiety ruins you.
And it’s so damn tiring.
To fight a battle inside your head,
On a moonless night many years ago, you met a man at a crossroads on the outskirts of town. He offered you many splendid things - all that you could want and more, all at a single fixed price. How could you say no to deal like that?
Now the Devil has come to collect his due. He arrives at your doorstep in crimson and gray, merry eyes dancing like the flames of Hell. When you do not resist, he looks disappointed, as though claiming your soul is another weary chore on a list as long as eternity. Does he want you to weep, to fight him, to beg for another few years? Or perhaps… perhaps he is just looking for a game.
A contest, then? His eyes burn brightly at this suggestion. Yes, there is no doubt about it - you’ve seen that hungry look before, on the face of every compulsive gambler you’ve ever known.
It is the old wager. Should you win, all debts are forgiven, and he gives up all claim over your soul. Should you lose, he will collect his payment in full.
You never learned to play the fiddle, so his first hopeful suggestion is shot down. A game of riddles is no better - the only one you can remember involves a frog in a blender. Chess, then? No, no. You called one of your pieces “the horsey” and he ended the game abruptly.
There’s got to be something you can play, he pleads, voice teetering on the edge of desperation. Backgammon? Billiards? Poker? Golf? But you have never been a competitive person - winning has never appealed to you the way it does to some, and you are not the worthy and driven opponent he craves.
And then… you find it. It’s not what your infernal guest was hoping for, but it’s all you’ve got, and by now he’s ready to settle for anything that offers a challenge. Long nights spent playing against yourself during the lonely years after grad school honed your skills to a keen edge. It’s the last chance you’re ever going to get, and by God, you’re giving it your all.
Anyone passing by your window would see nothing at all out of the ordinary - just two hunched figures, lost in twin concentration, and between you, a Scrabble board.
I want to clear something up, as today one of my friends on here got insulted because she stated she preferred Sebastian in his skinnier/more athletic physique than when he was really bulked up for Bucky in CACW.
Exhibit A This is Beefy Seb:
Seb bulked up, and trained like MAD for his role in Captain America: Civil War, after feeling pressure to have the same massive body type as Chris Evans and Anthony Mackie. It was hours of training including 4am starts, strictly regimented diets, and a dedication to the job that most actors wouldn’t even consider. Is it wrong to like him and find his body attractive? No. As a fan it would almost be an insult not to appreciate him like this, simply as an acknowledgement of the hard work he put in.
Now, onto our next Exhibit:
Exhibit B: Skinny Seb:
Now, i don’t really want to label this ‘skinny Seb’. Really from what i can tell this is his almost ‘natural’ state (it was also taken a few years ago). Is it wrong to prefer him like this? No. I would imagine he was/is a little more carefree when he’s not having to train like mad, when he can relax and be himself. When his accolades come from his acting ability rather than his looks. (although he deserves a fucking oscar for his role as Bucky IMHO).
Okay, still with me? Decided you want to send me some anon hate only to discover i don’t accept anon messages? Oh dear, you’ll just have to keep reading and stew in your own vitriol instead.
Exhibit C: Current 2017 Seb
Current Seb. Or as i like to call it ‘Seb that destroyed most of China’s ovaries in one go thanks to this weibo selfie’. He’s still got his athletic build (last seen in The Bronze), but has also put in the work to bulk up (note: he now has wings made of muscle), but not uncomfortably so. You can see that his face shape is changing, he’s growing into his features that a lot of men do when they reach their 30′s. Proving that he got a good deal when he sold his soul to the devil (there’s no way someone can be this handsome by luck) he got the better end of the deal.
But you know what? None of the above matter. He is still the lovable dork that answers fan’s questions on social media, that takes the time to stop his car when he’s been filming a movie all day, just to stop and say Hi to a fan that has driven a long way with her family on the off chance she might meet him.
He’s still the guy that is so dedicated to his work he will grow a mustache that gives us all very guilty Magnum PI flashbacks
He’s the guy that is scared of a Squash Ball
He’s the guy that has the weirdest ever facial expression when blowing birthday candles out.
And we love him for who he is. Our Sebby. Our Romanian Dork. Our Beefy Bucky. Our Sebastian. And you can love him however you want.
Humans are weird right? We have weird diets, we don’t know how to let the environment kill us, and we believe the oddest things. Like a day can be unlucky because of a number, or saying something makes it more likely to happen, or certain things bring bad luck. I just don’t see some of these things passing as we go into space.
Alien: Human friend, why have you locked yourself in your room?
Human: Because it’s Friday the 13th.
Alien: What does that have to do with anything?
Human: Bad luck, something always happens. I’m just going to sleep, see you tomorrow.
Alien: I… okay? *walks away perturbed and confused*
Alien: Human friend, have you made contact with your, ah, “Parents” recently?
Human: Shhhhh, don’t say it.
Alien: Say… what?
Human: Nothing, just… nothing.
Alien: … Do you mean, refer to your “pa-”
Human: DON’T MENTION THEM!!
Alien: But… why?
Human: They’ll call and then I have to deal with them and explain why I ran away to another space ship.