🔮 Do some scrying! All you need is a black mirror or other opaque surface (such as your couch) and you’re set. I often just sit there and scry for random things I’ve been wondering about or need help with.
🔮 Try graphology, or scrawl divination. Simply take a pad of paper and a pen, and begin randomly scrawling all over the page. It helps to have a question, and maybe a specific spirit to invoke to guide your hand, but I honestly do it all on my own and just ask for my guides to help me. Pro tip: hold a chunk of quartz in your hand for protection from negative spirits and amplifications of the answer you’re receiving.
🔮 Practice visualization and try to channel your energy. There are tons of exercises out there, but here are two that I’ve been using forever:
To Channel energy with visualization:
1. Begin by visualizing fire in your elbows down to your wrists. Focus on what you see in your mind, what you feel, what you can smell, etc. Whatever works best, use it.
2. Now, rub your hands together, slowly at first. Try to push the energy in your arms into your hands, breaking the barrier that separates them. Like a circuit, connect the two energies together.
3. Next, spread your hands apart, and try to keep the the energy flowing. Shape the energy into a ball, or anything you like.
4. Give it intent, and release it into the Universe.
To create a circuit for grounding and centering:
1. Place one hand on the ground (the Earth is preferable, but any floor that directly leads to the Earth works too).
2. Focus on what you want to release. Are you angry? Sad? Tired? Feel the energy draining from your body as you push into the Earth. Do this until you feel like the energy has been released. Visualize it being recycled into peaceful, ripe energy.
3. Take your other hand and place it about a foot away from the other. Now, while you press into the Earth with both hands, take in energy from the Earth. Push it out while also taking it in, like a circuit. The energy flows in from one hand, and out the other. When you feel you have been filled with good energy, slowly break the circuit one hand at a time.
🔮 Draw sigils! You can create them based on your favourite TV or book series if you want, or just make ones you feel you need.
🔮 Charge sigils! I use fidget spinners to charge mine (I roll up a piece of paper with the sigils on it, and stick them through the holes where the bearings go, and then spin it). But you could also just rub them!
🔮 Make bracelets and weave your intent into them! Knot magic and energy work is my favourite thing. You can use colour correspondence and add charms for an added boost.
🔮 Write in your dream journal. If you suddenly remember your dreams while sitting on the couch like I do, it would be a great idea to write them down in your dream journal.
🔮 Burn a candle or some incense to bring in something or get rid of something. I like to light a white candle to help cleanse me as I sit on the couch, and sometimes I’ll leave a crystal nearby to be charged and to spread its affects.
🔮 Sew a poppet! Just leave the head part open so you can add crystals, herbs, stuffing, taglocks, etc. Make a few in different colours so you can have them ready the nextti e you need them.
🔮 Make a sachet. Use whatever plants you have on add during that season, like lavender for Summer and those pretty red Christmas flowers whose name escapes me at the moment for Winter.
🔮 Write in your spellbook. Create new spells, describe how a past one turned out, or maybe research herbal or crystal uses.
🔮 Make some pretty bookmarks! Laminate pressed flowers, use ribbons, or even create those monster page corner things! You can use these in your spellbook or in whatever book you’re reading.
🔮 Read a witchy book! You’ll learn something new and maybe be inspired to do some witchy things! And even if you don’t end up liking the book, you’ll get some insight on what other people do with their craft.
🔮 Meditate. It helps improve tons of things. Ex: concentration, breathing, and focus. These are all great things, both for witchcraft and regular mundane things.
The Liftware Level spoon never spills, even when tipped, twisted or shaken. It’s allowing people with cerebral palsy, Parkinson’s, Huntington’s disease and even spinal cord injuries to feed themselves.
The more I find myself having to explain executive dysfunction to people the more I realise it’s near impossible. There’s a thing. I wanna do that thing, I really do. But no matter how hard I try to tell my brain to do the thing, it won’t do the thing. I can’t tell you the amount of hours I’ve spent scrolling mindlessly through social media wanting more than anything to stop, but I can’t.
This concept is so ridiculously alien to abled/neurotypical people and makes awareness/acceptance for it so hard to achieve. If an abled/nt person wants to, say, have a shower, or get some food, they just up and do it, no second thought. But the amount of mental exhaustion that goes into getting myself to get up and do one of those things can honestly be disabling in itself.
It’s not laziness, or not caring. It’s a total mental block between wanting something and doing something about it. I really wish the concept of this was more widely acknowledged. We are not lazy.
I don’t know who the fuck is responsible for the sudden spike in popularity of these things are. These “fidget spinners” were meant to be for students who have sensory issues and/or attention problems in school. Two specific diagnoses that pop into mind are: autism and add/adhd, but these tools are NOT limited to just them. They were meant as a TOOL to aid these students in the classroom.
What sickens me is that advertisers are taking advantage of the clueless public (or are ignorant to the real purpose of these) trying to market these as the “cool, new toy that everyone wants!” NO! Unless your kid has actually been diagnosed with something where your doctor says this would benefit them, DO NOT GET THEM THIS!
Please, as someone in the mental illness community, I beg of you, DO NOT BUY THESE to be “just toys” for your kids. Unless your doctor has told you this would be a beneficial tool, DO NOT BUY THEM.