Things I Find Interesting: Capone Gang Bege’s Obvious Respect for Sanji
Out of all the characters Bege has interacted with so far, it seems like Bege treats Sanji with the most respect. Truthfully, I’m very interested as to… why?? So I’m just going to get my musings out of my hair.
1. In the first image, Bege instantly recognizes Sanji, which implies that he has seen him before. Since Bege hasn’t seen Sanji back on Sabaody Archipelago and Sanji’s bounty poster doesn’t reflect what he actually looks like, there was no way for Bege to know that was Sanji unless if he saw him before.
2. Also, in the first image, Sanji gives Bege a nod of acknowledgement/recognition/…something, and Bege seems to take it in stride. This implies that Sanji also knows who Bege is.
3. In the second image, Sanji gets to be seated at the table and unchained while everyone else is on the ground and bound. This is a serious sign of respect on Bege’s part. There’s no reason for Bege to leave Sanji free; if he’s just planning to snatch him up for the wedding, then he could’ve had Sanji tied up on the ground as well before dragging him to Big Mom. Instead, he allows Sanji to have a seat at the table without any restrictions.
4. In the third and fourth images, Bege’s being very respectful and hospitable towards Sanji, even when Sanji is rude and ornery in return. Considering that Bege wanted to kill Jewelry Bonney just for eating loudly and gouged out his subordinate’s eye just for expressing worry, him being so polite towards Sanji is a massive sign of respect.
5. On that note… Bege said that he and Sanji met a week ago??? What??????????
My Current Predictions:
The Vinsmoke Family is a powerful underground mafia organization, and Sanji is the third son. It would explain why Bege, pretty much a mafia boss himself, would display so much respect and courtesy towards Sanji. After all, why would Bege, a mafia boss, want to piss off another respected mafia boss by treating their son poorly? Also, I feel like it would fit Sanji’s character pretty well, since he has the classy criminal aura down to a T. Moreover, Sanji being an actual prince would seem really strange, since he has such an idealized view of princes and white knights, after all. This type of romanticization would make more sense if he wasn’t a prince, but rather a mafia brat. It’d even explain why Sanji never contacted his family; if his family’s a mafia organization, then they might’ve been really mean to Sanji back when he was a kid. Last but not least, it’d explain why Big Mom would want her daughter to marry Sanji; if he’s the son of a powerful underground mafia boss, then that would expand her crime empire monumentally.
Those are more or less my musings. Just had to get that off my chest since… wow.
THE PIRATES WHO DON’T DO ANYTHINGa
one piece fanmix dedicated to the straw hat pirates. joining luffy are
zoro, nami, usopp, sanji, chopper, robin, franky and brook, who
together, make up the infamous gang of scallywags, ‘the straw hat pirates who don’t do anything’.
● 01. THE PIRATES WHO DON’T DO ANYTHING - relient k ● 02.
WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD - oreskaband ● 03. SUPER RAD - aquabats ● 04.
DOWN WITH THE TRUMPETS - rizzle kicks ● 05. HERE COMES THE HOTSTEPPER -
stooshe ● 06. FAT LIP - sum 41 ● 07. BAD REPUTATION - joan jett ● 08.
SHOOT TO THRILL - ac/dc ● 09. NA NA NA (NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA) - my
chemical romance ● 10. SMASH AND GRAB - juliette and the licks ● 11.
(YOU GOTTA) FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT (TO PARTY) - beastie boys ● 12. PARTY
DOWN - reel big fish ● 13. DO WHAT YOU WANT - ok go ● 14.
ARCHEDECEPTACON - janelle monae ft. le tigre and big boi ● 15.
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!! - tegan and sara ft. the lonely island ● 16.
19-2000 [SOULCHILD REMIX] - gorillaz ● 17. THE WRATH OF MARCIE - the go!
team ● 18. DON’T STOP ME NOW - queen ●