Tell mee about your Kiribaku headbands pleeeaaasseee :D
- Bakugou was able to outgrow his parents by graduation at the
whopping size of 5'11" but Kirishima is already 6'3" by then, and
after graduation he grows another inch. More
about this can be found here.
- Kirishima left both his cat and dog at home when he moved
into the dorms, and he really misses them. He has a Bengal cat who doesn’t have
a voice due to an infection when he was a kitten. And the dog is a Great Dane.
- Bakugou has an anger disorder called Intermittent explosive
disorder though it’s not diagnosed (yet). When he was a kid he approached his
parents and guidance counselors about there being something “wrong”
and their explanations were always “it’s just mood swings” or “it’s
just your genetics. Your mom has a temper too.” And after that he stopped
reaching out for help and just figured that nothing was wrong, even though he
felt like there was.
- Bakugou always wanted to have pets but his apartment that he
lives at doesn’t allow them. But he’s secretly been creating a list of pets
that he must own at one point in his life. The top two are lizards and birds
(further research must be done for both, but those are the top two).
- Kirishima is pansexual and while technically Bakugou could
allow the term gay to be used to describe it, he just views his sexuality as no
one’s concern. He’s ultimately just him, and his sexuality has never been a
large concern for him. More
can be read about this as well as their first time here.
- Bakugou has two settings of tried. There’s that sleepy-tried
and that I-just-woke-up-don’t-fucking-mess-with-me-tried. You
can learn more about this from this post here.
- Bakugou’s type of PTSD doesn’t show through nightmares and
flashbacks. For sleeping, Bakugou has the troubles of not being able to sleep—mostly during the night, it’s one of the
big reason why he sleeps most of his days away when he’s able to. His trauma
stemmed from the hostage situation back in middle school, and due to him not
seeking help (this part is almost in direct correlation with his history of not
being diagnosed with IED).
- At that time he’d feel panic settling in if a room felt to stuffy, or his mother would go to give him a noogie—anything that he felt his breath coming out shorter or if it was hindered. After the kidnapping though, his quirk starts getting effected along with everything else. This part, almost through willing himself through it, he was able to get himself to a point that he doesn’t feel like he’s heading down a path of a panic attack—now it’s more of an unpleasant sensation that he really doesn’t want to deal with for prolonged periods of time.
- He can’t sleep, he knows his brain is overworking itself and making him hear noises. The dark feels overbearing and suffocating, and the walls of the dorms are thick enough that he can’t hear people but thin enough that he could hear Kirishima’s music blasting when he worked out before bed. And when they start sharing a room/bed, Bakugou finds it easier to sleep knowing that 1. If something were to happen it’ll be the two of them against the odds or 2. Kirishima would by him time before Bakugou did something or just 3. At least he’d have pleasant company.
- His PTSD effects his mood. It’s more of a depression. I’ve compared that it makes him feel like he’s in a perpetual state of winter, where no matter how hard he tries, he feels cold. One of the few things that make him feel rather “normal” again is Kirishima who’s there and he doesn’t feel overbearing and doesn’t (at least yet) ask what’s wrong. Bakugou still has bouts of rage, mostly due to the IED, and they only make him feel worse cause they happen against his wishes.
- Bakugou is very very guilty. He blames what happened to All Might on himself. He’s never shared these thoughts, but it’s there and it eats and festers.
- His quirk has grown since the (I can’t exactly call it new, but it sorta is an addition) development of the PTSD from the kidnapping. His explosions are bigger, they burn hotter and the smoke is not only nearly pitch black but it lingers. It’s almost feeding on his negativity and exposing it.
- Bakugou releases little tiny explosions, like the type he did when his quirk first developed, when he’s flustered (not nervous). Kirishima compares them to sparklers that he and his family would light every new years and draw obscene shapes with in the air, and they feel like fizzy candy against his (un-harden) skin. He hardens his palm if Bakugou doesn’t stop them after a few minutes (as tickling as they feel they’re still explosions and Kirishima isn’t risking it for just a tickling feeling), after that Bakugou typically realizes he’s doing it and stops. It only happens when he’s really flustered.
- Bakugou doesn’t hate PDA, he just seems to be unable to initiate it himself. But if Kirishima initiates it, Bakugou never refuses (or at least, he’s never felt the need to refuse it yet). There was only one time where Bakugou initiated something publicly and it was during one of those weekly bonding activities, this week’s activity was a movie night. Bakugou had enough with watching and wanted to be alone with Kirishima, so he attempted to steal his attention without causing the rest of the group to look towards him—they madeout. It didn’t work, long story short (because I’m writing about this part in my story and it’s a feels part) they had their first fight because of it/around that issue.