General Healing Herbs:
- Apple Blossom: Make a vinegar infusion with the blossoms, and use it to treat itchy, painful insect bites or stings.
- Comfrey: Brew a comfrey tea to help with general healing, or use a juice from the pressed leaves for a poultice for minor cuts and abrasions.
- Eucalyptus: Warm the leaves or oil, and inhale the vapors to clear clogged sinuses, stuffy noses, and other upper respiratory issues.
- Chamomile: Brew into a tea to aid in problems such as morning sickness, digestive disorders, gastritis, and difficult bowel movements.
- Goldenseal: Keep goldenseal handy in your medicine cabinet to clean out minor wounds and abrasions.
- Feverfew: A decoction sweetened with honey or sugar is sometimes used to relieve light coughing or wheezing. It’s a great herb to use externally as well - make a tincture or ointment to apply onto insect bites to relieve itching or swelling.
- Sandalwood: The wood can be ground down into a fine powder, and used for beauty treatments - add a bit of rose oil or camphor, and apply it to your skin for cleansing.
- Peppermint: Peppermint is good for the skin - rub the leaves on yourself to freshen up. You can also chew them for a quick tooth-cleaning. Use the dried leaves in incense for workings related to healing magic.