Reasons Zoë Nightshade deserves more recognition
- she uses words like “scullion”
- she hates English because it “changes too often”
- when she is upset she slips into a stronger Shakespearean accent
- she’s described as gorgeously beautiful and the looks of a Persian princess
- she was freaking awesome with a bow
- she started the dam snack bar joke…”Let us find the dam snack bar.”
- “Her eyes flashed murderously at Apollo”
“Are you suggesting that the gods have trouble acting together, young lady?“ Dionysus asked.
Yes, Lord Dionysus.”
Mr. D nodded. “Just checking. You’re right, of course. Carry on.”
- “Zoë rarely kids about anything” ……..
- The first joke Percy claims hearing from her is “It was thy ice-cream sandwich that did it,”
- however my personal favorite is
“That’s us,” he said. “Those five nuts right there.”
“Which one is me?” I asked.
“The little deformed one,” Zoë suggested.
“Oh, shut up.”
- she’s a Hesperid
- technically Calypso is her half-sister
- RIPTIDE WAS ORIGINALLY ZOE’S AND SHE GAVE IT TO HERCULES
- Hercules totally screwed her over when she helped him in the Garden of the Hesperides and was then exiled by her own family
- she is honored Percy carries Riptide
- she forswore romantic love for over 2000 years
- the oracle left the attic to give her a quest/prophecy
- she’s very very loyal
- so loyal she offered to take the sky from Artemis
- on her quest with the others she faces the family that disowned her.
- in the end, her own father was the one who killed her
- Artemis turned her into a constellation
- When Atlas was about to kill Percy, she screamed, "NO!” and fired a handful of arrows into his armpit so he would turn on her
Percy said she was one of the “bravest people he had ever met.”
Zoë is amazing and deserves so much more love in this fandom