So Ive had some time to think, and this is my interpretation of what went down yesterday:
- Luna’s traits are Childish and Romantic, so I could see her having a very idealized view of romance. I think she’s definitely smart enough to realize Piper has a crush on Louis, but cant find it in herself to be jealous. In her mind, the problem isn’t Piper’s feelings, it’s the fact she doesn’t have anyone to help her move on.
- (Becuase hello… how in the world could someone possibly be happy without a significant other?)
- Luna thinks Lionel is perfect for the job because A: he already seems to be friendly with Piper. B: he’s a straight-A student who could probably convince Piper to leave the Renegades. And C: Louis would have to be civil to him if he were dating his best friend. It’s three birds one stone.
- So Luna (with the very best intentions) invites all three of them out for coffee without telling the others, hoping to put her matchmaking skills to the test.
- Lionel is uncomfortable from the start, because he’s observant and knows exactly what’s happening.
- Louis is peeved, becuase he was really looking forward to some alone time with his girlfriend.
- Piper is just confused.
- Small talk is exchanged, drinks are drank, and the conversation gets more and more tense. The topic of social groups comes up, which leads to Luna and Piper both making subtle jabs at the the others clique.
- “So… I heard a member of the Renegades got arrested last week. Is that true?”
- “Really, I thought the Paragons didn’t engage in such a low-brow activity as gossip.”
Louis and Lionel have both decided to channel their frustration towards each other and wont stop bickering.
Luna realizes this date isnt going according to plan and suggests a walk by the river as a last resort. She thinks some over-the-top flirting with Louis will help inspire a romantic setting, but really all it does is make Piper more steamed and Lionel more uncomfortable.
- At this point, Piper is done feeling inadequate. She’s tried not to let the fact she’s never kissed/dated anyone get to her but it’s really hard not to feel undesirable with Louis melting all over his Paragon girlfriend just feet away. So Piper sets her sights on Lionel, if only to get the validation she craves.
- Bad idea.
- Lionel likes Piper, he might even like-like Piper, but even he can see she’s only hitting on him because she’s lonely and trying to prove herself. He rebukes her, kindly but firmly, which ends up being the final straw for our poor fox daughter.
- Louis pulls away from Luna just in time to see Piper’s first tear fall, and his rage is instantaneous. He and Lionel barely exchange insults before fists are flying, leaving Piper bewildered and Luna PISSED.
- The real drama unfolds after Lionel storms off.
- Luna: “You were supposed to set him up with Piper not FIGHT HIM!”
- Louis: “Why would I set that tool up with Piper?!”
- Luna: “Because she’s lonely you idiot! Now we have to find someone else for her!”
- Both Louis and Piper fall silent, Luna heads home angry but determined to find another potential match for her friend. Cue fox and butterfly just wandering aimlessly until they figure out what to say to each other.
- “Do I really seem that pathetic?” Piper worries, because she cant help but feel vulnerable after something like that. “Is there something wrong with me?”
- “Is she lonely?” Louis wonders, glancing at his best friend. “Have I been pushing her away?”
- Then I’d like to think they sit down and have a heartfelt conversation about friendship and relationships, with an extra helping of Louis assuring Piper she isn’t pathetic and does not need a significant other to be valid.
*insert half-joking flirtation about how she’s such a catch that nobody in town is even in her league except maybe him*
- Then it’s hugs and teasing
and forehead kissesuntil they are both ready to go home.
So now we are left with this:
Lionel: Still friendly with Luna. Still friendly with Piper but doesn’t want to date her cus he fears he’s just going to be used. (Good call bro.) Despises Louis.
Luna: Still loves Louis (tho her romance bar went way down with him). Still friendly with Lionel. Dislikes Piper for joining the Renegades but is still determined to be nice to her.
Piper: Still likes Lionel but they dropped from “good friends” to “acquaintances”. Dislikes Luna. Higher friendship and romance with Louis.
Louis: Despises Lionel. Gained a slight romantic attraction to Piper. Lost all romantic progress towards his and Luna’s relationship, as well as a good chunk of friendship.
Why must these sims do this to me?
Actual Conclusion: I think it’s time we start moving towards a Luna/Louis break up. It isn’t fair to Luna if Louis keeps dating her when he doesn’t have feelings for her anymore. Lionel and Piper should stay friends, but I think he and Louis just aren’t meant to like each other. Maybe now would be a good time to start exploring possible Louis/Piper feels???
Oh, and also.
…Louis and Piper age up in two weeks :^)