Here’s what I don;t understand-
why the hell would these companies WANT to end net neutrality? First off, not enough people can afford much. These are the same people who bitch and rave that millennials are not paying for anything and we can’t afford it. Why the HELL would big businesses want to MAKE THEIR ADVERTISING MARKET EVEN SMALLER?
IF WE CAN’T AFFORD ANYTHING NOW, ADDING A SUBSCRIPTION PRICE TO IT ISN’T GOING TO MAKE US WILLING OR ABLE TO BUY IT.
If each person has to pay extra money to have access to different websites you bet your ass people who can’t afford it will only buy the smallest amount they can afford. They already do this with cable.
We are not being paid enough in wages to afford packages like this. If a single person has to pay a separate fee for getting email AND getting search engines AND still has to pay for social media on top of that AND a separate fee for news websites, it’s going to be VERY BAD FOR THEIR BUSINESSESES.
They’re thinking so black and white” “We’ll prevent people from uprising and staying connected! We’ll get LOTS OF MONEY! It’s great for politics where people want to control you because now you can’t stay connected!”
But they’ll literally LOSE money.
Hired for a job? Too bad, you can’t stay connected because you can’t afford to pay for the email service SORRY. Your boss now has to pay for their own internet access and if it;s a big company sure the company gets a different business rate but they still have to PAY where they NEVER had to pay before.
When you’re not being paid enough already, adding NEW fees on top isn’t going to help them. You won’t buy these packages so these companies can no longer advertise to you OOPS! LOSS OF BUSINESS!
Because this means companies are going to have to ALSO pay for these packages…. A company has to stay connected to run meetings and keep up social media advertising and keep up to date on how the market is, but the market is going to look VERY confusing when only a small percentage of people are able to actually pay for shit.
Oh I’m so sorry did you need to use the internet to compare prices?
You’re paying for that where you had UNLIMITED FREE ACCESS before. So now, NOT ONLY do these businesses have to pay for internet access, but they also have to pay SPECIFIC COMPANIES to ADVERTISE.
How do you think they’re going to do it? Businesses I mean? They’ll have to PARTNER with providers where before they could just have to pay for the use of the URL. NOW they have to pay for the URL AND pay the hosting sites to provide their website in a package AND pay to have it advertised.
Do these companies NOT realize how much more they are actually going to have to pay? Like it’s not tea and sunshine THEY are going to be affected too if net neutrality is butchered.
Why the hell do they want this? they are literally going to lose money by paying more AND by losing the ability to advertise to so many people. At that point it’ll work like any other market:
- Companies will pay to have their websites added and made accessible, but they will probably be slotted on the “marketing and shopping” list of options which not everyone will be able to purchase in a single package or at all.
- People with money will pay for the packages they want and very likely only ones they care about, much like how people pay for channels. You’ll get some useless stuff you’ll never go to and ignore in favour of accessing what you want. A company will have to pay MORE than everyone else if they want their business advertised on the better social media.
- Companies will have to pay MORE and MORE and MORE to make sure people see their products.
- The poorer people won’t afford it and won’t be connected and won’t see the advertising and won’t pay for shit.
- So businesses will only advertise to a TINY market and lose SHITLOADS of business by losing their free market advertising AND losing the majority of their customers simply because those customers won’t have access to their stuff AND LOSING LOTS AND LOTS AND LLOTS OF MONEY, THUS TANKING FINANCIALLY BECAUSE THE MARKET IS SKEWED TO WHOEVER PAYS THE HIGHEST.
- In the end only comcast and the people who control the access actually win.
TLDR: NET NEUTRALITY IS IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE TO HAVE AND YOU NEED TO TELL POLITICIANS THAT WITHOUT IT BUSINESSES WILL LOSE MONEY AND THEIR FREE ADVERTISING BECAUSE NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE CAN AFFORD TO PAY FOR INTERNET PACKAGES WHICH MEANS THEY LOSE BUSINESS AND ONLY RETAIN A TINY PERCENTAGE OF THE POPULOUS TO ACTUALLY ADVERTISE AND MARKET TO. ALSO THOSE SAME BUSINESSES WILL HAVE TO PAY NOW FOR THEIR WEBSITES TO BE HOSTED BY THE PACKAGES WHERE THEY NEVER HAD TO PAY BEFORE WHICH WILL LEAD TO MORE AND MORE AND MORE SPENDING ON THEIR PART TO MAKE SURE THEIR WEBSITES ARE ACCESSIBLE AND THEIR ADVERTISEMENTS SEEN.
MONEY IS THE KEY TO GETTING PEOPLE TO NOT DO SOMETHING. IF THEY KNOW THEY ARE GOING TO LOSE PROFIT THEY WON’T LET IT HAPPEN. TELL YOUR POLITICIANS THIS. TELL YOUR BIG BUSINESSES THIS, MAKE THIS KNOWN.