Learning to read was hard for Cass. Interpreting the written word is far different from interpreting body language, and Cass’s brain is wired differently as a result of her abusive childhood. But after Cass had to ask Steph to read a ransom note aloud in order to continue chasing down criminals (Batgirl vol. 2), she realized that knowing how to read would be useful.
Because of Cass’s learning disability, it takes her a long time to make significant progress. Babs coaches her and explores different methods of learning, and eventually Cass is able to read full length novels (albeit slowly). When Cass did learn how to read, she fell in love with books. A well-written book is far less predictable than a person, and Cass loved how words seemed to make places and characters come alive in her head. She would read anything from historical fiction to high fantasy, but quickly became able to tell when a story was poorly written. The characters would seem less real, and the words wouldn’t flow as easily. Cass began to spend a lot of free time in the library, and Babs would point out good books that she remembered from her time as a librarian. Tim also had quite a repertoire of books from his childhood, since he needed something to entertain himself with when his parents were away. He let Cass have free reign of his collection and gave her recommendations. The rest of the batfamily also began to gift her books that they enjoyed when they learned about her new passion.
Cass never grew tired of how written words could somehow transform into people as though personalities were interwoven into pages. She marveled at how she could spend hours completely immersed in a story, oblivious to the world around her (or as oblivious as she can get with her skills). Books had opened up entire worlds for her. She secretly hoped that someday she would be able to create worlds of her own.
They may seem tough and hardened on the outside but they are fantastic cuddlers and won't. Let. You. GO! Allow them to envelope you in their body heat. ( ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡° )
Also wonderful cuddlers, as well as head stroking, and great listeners. Like living teddy bears!
They like long hugs so they can really feel your energy. Be prepared for having your hands, arms, and hair played with for a very long time while they talk to you about all kinds of stuff.
They'll talk your ear off about what happened at work today, and make you a nice snack to show you they appreciate you. Not really touchy feely, but you know they care. They begin to open up and show you their crazy side!
Absolutely drowns you in compliments (and expects a few in return) and loves stroking your hair and playfully messing with your body.
Sharing is caring with this one. We're talking sharing drinks (two straws like in the movies), sharing seats, and smol kisses.
They like having a little authority so probably some hugs from behind. You can sit on their lap, and they'll occasionally squeeze you while watching your fave movie.
Very intimate and passionate. Hugs are long and meaningful, and sharing food is definitely a thing that will happen. They'll share their most twisted secrets with you and hand you all their trust. This is a special and rare occurrence.
Back rubs, man. Back and shoulder rubs! They'll listen to you rant about your mean co worker or peer and offer meaningful insight and advice, all while keeping you close and very very safe.
They seem stern and serious most of the time, and very cold to most but when they loosen up around you prepare for much cuddling. They'll stop being so uppity and let you do pretty much whatever to them. Peaceful silence with Netflix and food.
Endless text messages and cute notes! They like making you fully aware that you're on their mind. Getting little kisses is not uncommon. And hugs are firm and full of love.
You get to enjoy seeing their bright smile all day and constantly hear their warm and uplifting laughter that is nothing short of contagious! They like patting and playing with your arms and playful shoving.
OOC to the max. This is actually a continuation of a three year old post that I had rediscovered recently.
*Huffs* He won't listen to me.
*Gently strokes her husband's cheek* Just be patient.
I have been patient for the last ten minutes!
*Looks out through their open bedroom door and into the silent sitting room* Reason with him in the same way you've reasoned with him before. *Looks back at her frustrated husband* You won't be able to do that if you hide here.
*Huffs and ruffles his curls* I have explained to him. I have reasoned with him. Bargained. Bribed. Even 'begged' *Points wildly to himself* Begged! *Throws his hand in the air* Me!
*Looks pleadingly to his wife* Please, Molly. I have a case. Lestrade has a case waiting for me. *Gestures towards the sitting room* Waiting for 'us'. You have to intervene now.
*Contemplates for a few seconds before nodding* Okay, I'll try. *Grabs something from the bedside table* Come on!
*Husband and wife both goes out of their bedroom and into their sitting room.*
*Quietly sitting in the sofa and staring at the approaching couple*
*Moves towards the center of the room then stops a few feet away from the sofa* Hi, John.
*Nods* Hello, Molly.
*Stares back at her husband before facing John and kneeling*
*Eyebrows shot up but remains quiet.*
*Smiles softly at John before turning back to stare at her still standing husband*
*Huffs but goes and kneels beside his wife*
*Whispers to her husband* Why don't you try again?
*Sighs deeply but bends closer towards the floor* I have explained to you using logical reasoning. I have bargained with a fair match. I have bribed with a rich price. And I have 'begged' with utmost sincerity. Still, you remain stub-
*Nudges her husband* No wonder he won't listen to you! You sound like a nagging robot. My turn. *Looks straight back before lowering herself closer to the floor* Evan, sweetheart, *she says with a sweet and gentle voice* Daddy needs his scarf back now. He and Uncle John have a case and they need to go out to catch the bad guy. But it is cold outside, so he needs his scarf. Would you please give it back to daddy?
*whispers bitterly* How is that any different from what I did?
Evan Hooper-Holmes, 11 month old extraordinaire who had been sitting on the floor beside his godfather's leg:
*clutches his prized possession closer to his body* Nooo.
*Still smiling sweetly* I know you like that scarf sweetie, But Daddy needs it. He'll get sick if you don't give it to him. Do you want daddy to get sick?
*protests* I don't get sick!
*turns back to glare at her husband before looking again at their stubborn toddler*
Evan "Ain't-I-the-cutest" Holmes:
*Looks at his hard-earned price before staring back to his poor daddy who is now wearing his "have-pity-on-me" face* Noooooo, ba scaffy ain!
*leans closer to her baby and touches the edge of the blue scarf* I know, it's your sweetheart -
*protests* It's mine!
*looks back again to glare at her husband*
*sags in resignation* Fine...
*Smiles back at her son.* I know it's yours sweetheart so maybe you can let daddy use it for now? So that he won't get sick?
Evan "I-have-the-British-government-wrapped-in-my-pudgy-fingers-even-if-he-denies-it" Holmes:
*Looks down at his precious treasure*
*Sees her baby boy's resolve breaking down* Tell you what Evan, while you are lending Daddy the scarf, I'll lend to you Mommy's scarf. *offers her possession that she had snatched before exiting their bedroom*
Evan "I-can-make-the-girls-swoon-faster-than-my-three-continents-godfather" Holmes:
*Sees the elusive but equally, if not more precious treasure, goes to throw away the blue scarf and grab the pink one* Eyyyyyy.
*Sees how easy it is for his son to discard his scarf in favor of his mom's, starts to get competitive* That *points at his discarded scarf* is a vintage Paul Smith cashmere scarf that is not produced anymore! Meanwhile, 'that' *points at the black and pink scarf now being chomped by his son* is just a home knitted scarf that your mother's spinster aunt give out every year! Spawn, you clearly still need a lesson in taste!
Evan "I-can-make-anything-my-division" Holmes:
*Stops and stares at his father*
*stares back at his mini-me, willing him to understand how far superior his scarf is over that of Molly's*
Evan "genius-in-the-making" Holmes:
*Giggles at his silly father before taking a bigger bite of his recent acquisition*
*Stands up from the sofa and retrieves his best-friend's discarded scarf* Come on, man! You've clearly lost this one. At least now you have your 'cashmere' scarf back *Drops the scarf on the head of the still kneeling consulting detective*
*Giggling at the sour look of her husband* Come on, Sherlock. At least you got it back!
*Stands up and finally loops the scarf in his neck* I don't even need this, I don't get sick anyway!
*Waiting outside the flat's door* Then why did you spend 10 minutes 'begging' to get it back?
*bends down to kiss his wife goodbye* Principles, John. Principles.
*Snorts* More like, your costume won't be complete without it.
*Moves on to ruffling his son's curls before straightening up and exiting the flat* As I said. Principles.
As @sherlolly29 asked, this is the old story written three years ago: http://creamocrop.tumblr.com/post/78315599726/a-pair-of-aquamarine-eyes-stared-at-the-expanse-of
So Moonsun wrote this song together (with kdh), this sickeningly sweet romantic song and while I do think this is the only time a rap was included and truly didn’t fit, THIS is what Byul wrote in that rap:
Every day, every night The bus stop on the opposite side The earphone we shared with each other, listening together You stroke my hair again You mean everything to me And then a melody just for us On the canvas called you My paint soaks in My memory
Imagine Sirius comforting you after a rough day. He’d notice that something was wrong the moment you entered the room. So he’d pull you down to sit next him, telling you how proud he is an how he’s certain that you are gonna get through this, while softly stroking your hair. “Listen, I know this sucks and I am not even gonna pretend it doesn’t, but darling, listen very closely now. You are strong. Y/N, you’ve been through all of it and I’ll be damned if you’re gonna let this take you down now.”
Sherlock loves to take a nap on the couch, with his head on John’s belly, while John’s reading a crime novel. And John loves to stroke through Sherlock’s curls and to listen his soft snoring while he’s reading.
- “hey are you gonna finish that?” “Hoseok, I literally just sat down.”
- falling asleep at the dorms and faking sleep when you wake up so you could listen to him softly hum next to you as he stroked your hair
- Hoseok dragging you to fan meets and photo shoots when you didn’t even want to go, but making you have fun because anywhere you went with him was automatically brightened up
- you and Jin standing in front of the tv together at the dorms, hands on ur hips, mom face on, asking Hoseok why he didn’t pick up his underwear from the restroom
- “y/n’s the one who took them off of me, I thought she would pick them up.”
- trying to be mad at him for shit he says, but then he’s literally holding you hostage in a back hug and calling you shit like “my little sugar plum cream Danish baby y/n, are you still mad at your hope-ie?” And then you’re rolling your eyes cause damn you got a lame ass bf
- picking him up at late hours from the practice room because he’s the last one in there practicing his dance
- “oh my god Hoseok you could’ve at least showered before you got in”
- whenever you go over to the dorms and greet the other boys, he gets a little overly jealous and ends up cradling you in his arms the whole time, side eyeing jungkook whenever he sat next to y'all
- yelling at him because he steals your face masks, like you’re wondering where they all went and you walk inside the bedroom and he has like 3 stacked on his face for “maximum effect”
- he the type to meet your friends and family and introduce himself as ‘your hope’, they’re looking at him crazy, your face is red, why Hoseok
- him using your phone like its his, like half your music library his music, he gots his parents phone numbers in there, he takes his selcas on it, having to bring an extra charger because he never remembers his
- resting together on your bed after he’s cleaned from practice and full, you’d be dozing off but then suddenly he’d pull you on top of him and catch your lips, his hands coming to grip your ass and hips and your suddenly so awake and ready to go
- going in and out of little stores together, having to turn down his insistence towards you to try on literally every outfit y'all see
- “but it would look so nice on you, jagi.” “No, Hoseok I’m tired.” “What if I buy it?” “I mean I can try it….”
- you and his sister texting, and hoseok’s always in ya business like what ya talking about? is it me? let me see, i know its me
- in reality your both just sending each other hair tips and wondering how to stop your cuticles from drying out
- sharing food, like at first you thought it was cute, but he the type to order the same thing as you but then be staring at your plate and asking for a bite because ‘yours looks better’
- namjoon thanking you whenever you picked him up on the weekend’s because that boy is just too hype and yoongi is .5 seconds away from strangling him because he doesn’t let him sleep
- you not getting much sleep either, but from other reasons
- ‘Y/n, you know you’re an angel right? i want you on our next album cover” “hoseok please”
- even if on the surface your guys’ relationship doesn’t seem very serious to yourself or even others at first, you both know that you’re in the for the long run and love each other more than you could ever love someone again, you just so happened to find your best friend in the guy you love the most.